HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by t00fatt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 09:06 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettrooper02
my aeroace bipe doesn't want to stay up anymore after 2 days don't know if it's a charging problem or if it has to do with the motors. help
J'trooper, first you have to determine if you get power output from the battery like before..
if the motors run and sound like they did when you first got it, and they run for 10min. or so on the bench..
(then it is probably charging ok)
At this point the 1st thing I check is to see that the motors did not come loose, (they are mounted w/double sided tape) if they vibrate or are loose in any way glue them w/cyano.
The next thing is the props, they come loose also (glue them w/drop of cyano also.
That should get your power back and the plane should be flying again.
If your initial problem was a charging problem, then you have to figure out if it is the lipo batt. or the charger that is giving you a prob...
Hope this helps man..
L8r...
Ps: you could have deeper problems happening, but those are the most common basics, and lubricating the motor shafts helps a lot too...
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2008, 09:44 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
thanks machy2k i'll have to try the motor and props first. it doesn't want to charge that long as well, but that may be my imagination.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Sep 30, 2008, 12:03 AM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettrooper02
thanks machy2k i'll have to try the motor and props first. it doesn't want to charge that long as well, but that may be my imagination.
Double check da Tranny batteries...
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:34 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
Easy PicooZ/Havoc Wobble Fix

This wobble fix is in the PicooZ Toolbox but I wanted to post it here separately since it fixed my Havoc Apache wobble issue (and it had a severe wobble). All it takes is to put small bends in the flybar/rotor connecting rods with a pair of needlenose pliers. No fancy bearings or rotor twisting needed. I was skeptical but now the wobble is gone and I can steer my Apache around much more easily! I had almost given up hope until I found this. This is the best thing since throttle spring removal and I encourage anybody with a wobbly Havoc or PZ to try it. Many, many thanks to LLFly for posting this.

Greg
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent
Old May 27, 2009, 02:49 PM
Joined May 2009
4 Posts
Thanks for the links to the mods, just wish the pics were still avail on some of them.
Daddio66 is offline Find More Posts by Daddio66
Old Aug 04, 2009, 08:59 PM
Joined Aug 2009
50 Posts
are there any mods for this model?

http://www.brookstone.com/mini-remot...licopters.html

thanks.
ikarah is offline Find More Posts by ikarah
Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:58 PM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
two links

Quote:
Originally Posted by t00fatt View Post
Moderators please make this a sticky, so new comers can find mod tutorials with out having to sift through hundreds of pages. I am only getting started with this, and looking to get this nice and long. I hope this will help people looking to mod their AA without searching. Anyone please contribute with links I may have missed or not gotten to yet. I am going to keep the list up-to-date.

Note: I moved this from the other thread because of the bad title. It originally said Aero Ace Mod FAQs. I tried to change the name, but it worked for a day then went back to the original title.

Aero Ace/X-Twin
Parts & Maintenance
AA Stock & Mod Parts
Stock Batteries
Battery Upgrades
Possible Replacement Props
Soldering Tips
Repairing Antenna Wire
Balancing Props
Applying Oil
AA Won't Charge Fix
AA/X-Twin Replacment Tail Fabrication
Great Aero Ace Mod Tutorial & Plans

Mods
How to Remove Throttle Spring
AA Turn w/o Throttle Mod
X-Twin Speedster
9v TX Adapter Mod
9v TX Adapter Mod Explained
AA Changing TX Channels
AA Tailless Flying Wing Mod
AA X-Planck Mod PDF
AA Landing Gear
AA Lanyard and Flashing LED Mod (Not the best LED mod)
Good LED Tutorial
Four Motor Mod (German)
Defoaming AA 1
Defoaming AA 2
X-Twin Actuator Rudder Mod Schematic
X-Twin Actuator Rudder Mod Pic
AA Sailplane Mod
Three Step Steering Mod 1
Three Step Steering Mod 2
X-Twin Level Flight
Easy LED mod
Reduce Turning Radius of Monoplane
Slowing Down X-Twin or AA for Indoor Use 1
Slowing Down X-Twin or AA for Indoor Use 2
No Fuselage
16 Power Steps TX Mod
16 Power Steps TX Mod 2

PiccoZ
Parts & Maintenance
Stock Batteries
Stock LiPo Info.
Weight Data
Bent Flybar Fix
How to Take the Rotors off
Applying Oil
Great Picco Z Mod Tutorial & Plans
Ball Bearings for Bearing Shaft Mod
Fix Shaft Spinning Freely in Pinion Gear

Mods
Moving the LiPo Forward
Forward Motion with a Scoop
Forward Motion with Weight
Forward Motion with Wings
Fix for Low Throttle Glitching
Fix for Low Throttle Glitching 2
Fix too Much Spin to the Right
Fix too Much Spin to the Right Pic
Carbon Fiber Shaft Replacement
How to Change Channel on RX
Ball Bearing Shaft Mod
Unstable Flight Fix
Strengthen Tail Rotor
Make Your Own Airwolf

Micro Mosquito
Parts & Maintenance
Charging Tips

Mods
Various Must Read Mods
Keep Motor from Coming of Top Pinion Gear

Storm Launcher
Mods
General Mods and Info
My two fav links for all data on scratch building are the following web sites I think its ok to list web sites please add these to the list.
www.rcscratchbuilders.com http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14117 this second link is to another board the post is from the board mod I hope its ok to list other boards if not I will del the site let me know OP. vertually thouands of links in the two sites the first link in the watt flyer board is to a web sit that has over a thousand links. happy hunting its lots of data. To the OP please if you feel this is worthy move it to the top of your page so people can see it easy manny happy landing's. Sparken Ken F heads up if you search my post I have other data.
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
Last edited by Sparken57; Jul 12, 2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: corection on the link
Old Jun 01, 2014, 02:34 PM
Ever Vigilant
Marysville, WA
Joined Apr 2007
184 Posts
Has anyone thought about converting an older Silverlit/Air Hog with the Silverlit 2.4G Peregrine Eye's equipment? Or is there an aftermarket?
dragonclass is offline Find More Posts by dragonclass
Last edited by dragonclass; Jun 01, 2014 at 02:48 PM.