HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by t00fatt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 01:42 PM
Is he really fat??
Miami, FL
Joined Jun 2006
185 Posts
Sorry I haven't updated for a while. I have been really busy with classes and work. Also my piccoZ broke so I guess I have just lost interest.
t00fatt is offline Find More Posts by t00fatt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2007, 06:58 AM
United Kingdom - Midlands
Joined Jul 2005
148 Posts
Airwolf Z body.......flys a treat!!!!

Here is a pic of my Piccoo Z with modified body - it looks and flys great - a couple more detail touches and it will be finished.

This body was produced from heavy photo paper but flight time was only 1 min!!!!!!! This body was way too heavy.

I decided to remove the body and re-start the project.

I removed as much weight as possible by cutting most of the body foam but leaving enough to protect the electronics and give a base for the new body.

My second body was made from paper and it flys sooooo much better! I get at least 5-7 mins of flight time - maybe more...... and it handles sweet!

More pics and mods to come soon...........

Rabbit.
rapidrabbit is offline Find More Posts by rapidrabbit
Old Jan 02, 2007, 09:12 PM
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Dec 2006
453 Posts
Thats a pretty sweet eurocopter.
overedline is offline Find More Posts by overedline
Old Jan 25, 2007, 01:49 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,849 Posts
just to split hairs its not a eurocopter, its a bell 222 in airwolf scheme

he's even got the cannons on the ends of the wings, for a bit of paper and some foam that is amazing!
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Feb 06, 2007, 06:29 PM
Joined Feb 2007
2 Posts
Picco Z (or similar)

To All as a means to say thanks for all the great info, I wanted to pass on the following link. http://www.xheli.com/wosmrarecorc.html as XHELI is currently selling the Picco Z for just 19.95 + shippng. What a lot of fun these are.

Best Regards,

Mike
mscrampton is offline Find More Posts by mscrampton
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:37 PM
I crash there for I am...
Colorado, not enough oxygen
Joined Jul 2006
304 Posts
Any ideas on getting parts for the aa? The aerohogsmods website isn't up and or living anymore. Bummed because I'd love to make a mico p38.

Bill in colorado
muskis2 is offline Find More Posts by muskis2
Old Apr 12, 2007, 01:15 AM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
gone,1 more down.
rhondaward is offline Find More Posts by rhondaward
Last edited by rhondaward; Apr 12, 2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 03:07 PM
Joined Oct 2006
30 Posts
your step father just found out about you
matt22 is offline Find More Posts by matt22
Old Apr 21, 2007, 03:50 PM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
744 Posts
FOR UK AA FLYERS!
tesco sell them for 14.98
thats cheaper than on the internet!
lord chris is online now Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Jun 05, 2007, 09:00 PM
NYC
Joined Jul 2005
378 Posts
Need mini-sl info.....

Thanks t00fatt !!!

Hope all is well......

This thread needs to gather posted info on the MINI SL.......

Will gather what I can.....
dickbong is offline Find More Posts by dickbong
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:15 PM
Southern AL.
Joined Dec 2006
305 Posts
hey, where can you buy replacement motors and lipos from? I know they are somthing like 5.3 ohm, but cant find a place that sells them. The lipos are also 130 mAh or somthing like that, but where can you buy them? have like 3 AA Rx's around here, and all I need is a few lipos and motors.... and some magnet wire, but that should be pretty easy to find!....

To bad Aeroacemods.com shut down, was a good place to buy replacement parts for the AA. You could even buy the rx's completly assembled if you just wanted a DIY plane.
msim is offline Find More Posts by msim
Old Aug 08, 2007, 11:58 AM
NYC
Joined Jul 2005
378 Posts
wnm
dickbong is offline Find More Posts by dickbong
Last edited by dickbong; Aug 08, 2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: wnm
Old Nov 05, 2007, 07:05 PM
Suspended Account
Boonies
Joined Feb 2007
141 Posts
what an awesome list, thanks toofatt and friends
zoomfly2000 is offline Find More Posts by zoomfly2000
Old Nov 18, 2007, 12:33 AM
Joined Nov 2007
15 Posts
Hi, could someone tell me what voltage LEDs will work in parallel to the motors on an AA? I didn't see it in the above FAQs.

Thanks!

-R
RogueCorps is offline Find More Posts by RogueCorps
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:36 PM
To invent is nothing... But to fly is everything.
Joined Mar 2006
453 Posts
Rolling Fury - X-twin Air Acrobat

How to - WIDEN speed range & INCREASE stability -

Rolling Fury by Air Hogs wing slats modification (3 min 22 sec)

The slats allow the plane to fly with the wings at a higher angle of attack, (nose high), so it stays controllable at slower speeds and can be flown in a smaller area. This along with the twist in the wings (wash-out) help prevent stalling and falling/diving out of turns.

I suggest experimenting with the angle of attack of the slats as everyones slats will be a little different. Also you can use slats to adjust pitch trim.

Flying - with or without slats -

It took me a bit of time to learn to fly this model. It is easier to manage attitude (flying angle) at low power settings. I use low throttle for a hand launch takeoff. With higher settings it noses up and stalls unless you blip down elevator. When rolling off the driveway (rough pavement) I use full until it breaks ground then reduce to low throttle .

There are 7 steps of throttle. In a new plane, step 1 or 2 works fine for cruse. Bend the horizontal stabilizer or change slat angle so it flys at low throttle settings with no stick input.

For climb at full throttle blip down elevator to keep from getting a too high an angle of attack. With other planes, many times I give throttle and rudder to get out of trouble in turns. If the Fury begins to dive in a turn, reducing throttle helps level it out.

It takes time to learn to pilot this little guy but it is well worth it. I bought my first two years ago. I have a total of four of these. The motors loose power over time and I don't see them in the stores as much lately so I stocked up. I still fly them regularly.

These clips shows slow and fast flight with slats.

AeroAce Acro with slats (0 min 17 sec)

Rolling Fury modified by adding wing slats (0 min 48 sec)

Here is a way to modify the transmitter so you can give pitch and turn command at the same time.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...714544&page=11

AeroAce Fury fixed TX (0 min 12 sec)

The transmiter and plane must both be well charged to get good range. Also to improve reception pull 11 cm of the antenna out of the vertical and horizontal stabilizers and away from the elevator coil. (Shown in photo below). Go here for transmitter modifications that increase range. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=51 Haven't lost control and I'd say I've flown at least 100' away. There have been range problems with some Furys. I have had good luck with mine. Some have reported adding several inches to the rx antenna wire improves reception.

If you would like to use rechargable 1.2volt NiCad batteries you can install an additional AA battery in the TX. (=8.4v) You need to file out a little non-essential plastic. Then you may add a charging jack so you can recharge the plane and the TX batteries with a 9 volt power supply.

More excellent information here. http://www.rctoolbox.no-ip.com/reviews/?p=8

Air Hogs parts make Little Flyer (1 min 10 sec)

This "Little Flyer" is made of parts from my first Rolling Fury / Acrobat

60cm span 36 length. 22 grams all up weight. Fury battery, RX, & actuator elevator. Jet motors (14.2 x 6mm can) to save weight. Fuselage tube and tail T-fitting from AA bipe. 3mm depron wings, picnic plate tail surfaces. Brakes down flat for transport.

Nice flyer! It's extremely easy to fly compared to the stock Rolling Fury.

For comparison blue Fury with slats all up weight is 28 grams.
SlowAero is offline Find More Posts by SlowAero
Last edited by SlowAero; Dec 22, 2009 at 01:31 PM.