HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:29 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Discussion
Hobbico Super Cub or Slow-V....???

I'm trying to decide between either of these AC?

I definately want an RTF all in the box kit and something that can easily be repaired. I don't mind having a second TX. If I really get into the Hobby and buy a seperate TX later I can have my dad fly the kit bird.

I really like the SC but am afraid that I'll need a bigger space to fly it and it doesn't seem as forgiving "float" wise.

Although the SV can't handle winds I feel that it might be better to practice on due to it's slow speed and smaller field requirement.

Both seem to have tons of parts at the local HS.

So what should I do?
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:58 PM
Western Pennsylvania
Joined Oct 2004
797 Posts
Kilo60, I think in a way you are sort of talking yourself into the Slo V. You haven't said if you have any experience or how big the area you'll use is. If your new and the area is smaller than I would suggest the Slo V and remember to fly only with no winds or wind under 3MPH.

Both planes are great and if you research alittle here you'll find both have a following.

Good luck and remember we were all beginners, we all crash and the biggest fun is repairing the damage from your previous flight(s).

Norm
Norm66 is offline Find More Posts by Norm66
Old Sep 26, 2006, 08:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60
So what should I do?
As a beginner myself, I heartily recommend the Slo-V. Here's why...

1) I didn't want to build anything... I just wanted to FLY.
2) I needed a SLOW plane because my reflexes ain't what they used to be when I was 18.
3) Parts had to be cheap and easily replaceable.
4) I wanted to fly in a smaller area, away from the crowds.
5) I wanted a plane that I could upgrade with better equipment.
6) I wanted a plane that I could just close my eyes and let go of the sticks whenever I got myself in trouble, and it would correct itself and return to level flight all by itself.

I got the Slo-V. Learned to fly on it. Upgraded it. And NOBODY is taking it from me... EVER. I still fly it all the time.

Regardless of which one you choose.... read the following link BEFORE you take it to the field!!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555344

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Last edited by NoFlyZone; Sep 26, 2006 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 27, 2006, 05:35 PM
Sausalito Marin Cty, California, United States
Joined Aug 2004
890 Posts
Here is another happy Slow V guy. I started with one, thought it was a great plane to learn on.

Can't say anything about the cub, cause I never flew one.
wab25 is offline Find More Posts by wab25