SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:04 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,227 Posts
Discussion
Servo Operated DPDT Toggle Switch for Motor Reversing

If your speed control has no reverse feature, you can reverse motor battery polarity with a heavy duty double pole double throw toggle switch actuated by a servo with a pushrod though a hole in the handle using a servo saver
( two wheel collars and two springs with the toggle handle in the middle). The spring makes servo throw non-critical and prevents binding.The attached diagram shows how to wire the switch terminals, and input output wiring

Use a heavy duty truck type dpdt toggle switch with plastic handle rated for 10 amps and a standard servo.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2006, 01:15 AM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,366 Posts
Like this? I use it for my homemade winch.

Don M.
MILLERTIME is online now Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Sep 26, 2006, 01:57 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,458 Posts
I use something similar to Millertime's configuration for simple F/R switches.
Two momentary single throw switches. Both with C, NC and NO contacts.
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Sep 26, 2006, 01:23 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,227 Posts
Good Ideas!

Some good ideas, I forgot how to wire a polarity reversing switch, found how-to info on a website. Ace R/C used to sell tapered egg-shaped cam things with set screws that fit on a servo operated pushrod. I used three of them to actuate microswitches to turn on/off three separate lighting circuits sequentially. I guess you could grind wheel collars or glue egg sinkers onto the pushrod in the right positions to do the same thing. A servo arm can push one or two microswitch buttons or arms in a compact installation. Boats seem to encourage ingenuity. Maybe somebody could set up a "sticky" on this forum ideas like this. Other ideas are motor and other sound systems, smoke systems. I made a little portable TV set with a GOW bulb inside and a piece of color slide film for a picture.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:01 AM
Spain
Joined Feb 2008
44 Posts
Does your DTDP switch have a central [neutral] position? If not the winch would either always be going up or down unless you had another switch in the system?
jackcharon is offline Find More Posts by jackcharon
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:30 AM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,366 Posts
The DTDP switch I have is self centering.
MILLERTIME is online now Find More Posts by MILLERTIME