HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2002, 04:39 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
When do "new" posts become old?

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before (I guess it must have been) but can anyone explain what the Ezone discussion board software's rules are for marking threads/messages "unread"?

Just when you think you've got a handle on it the thing goes and does something unexpected that makes you realise you don't know what's going on.

In the last few weeks there's been a couple of days when I've started to look at the Ezone, in the main index most of the sections have the icon showing that there are unread messages and in any particular forum there might be several pages of unread message threads. I start to read through them and then, for no apparent reason on one occasion when I return back to the index for that forum, suddenly there's only a handful of threads showing that there are unread messages and the system has "lost my place" in the other threads which is particularly annoying in some of the threads that have 20+ pages of messages as you now haven't got a clue where you'd got to last time you accessed Ezone.

Maybe if I knew the "rules" I could just avoid doing whatever it is that makes this happen.

Can anyone explain it?

Cliff ("the perplexed")
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2002, 06:55 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
If you don't do anything (navigate to another forum or thread) within 20-30 minutes, they expire..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Aug 21, 2002, 03:41 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
Thanks

Andy,

Thanks for answering that but I've actually seen a couple of instances where I was at an index, I followed a thread, maybe read it for only a minute or two and then returned to the index to find that things had now "expired". However, maybe this is something to do with the DOS attacks you've been subject to if you've had to reset things every now and again?

Cliff
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer