HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2006, 01:15 PM
Joined Jun 2006
19 Posts
Discussion
ClearView: Excellent Product at Amzing Price with Crazy Good Customer Service!

Allow to take you on a brief journey through my sim experience. I started with FMS. It's free, which is great and there is a good deal of support for it out there which is also quite nice. It is somewhat disappointing in the graphics and realism departments though. (I'm not knocking it, but I found that it was not what I wanted.) I then tried a demo of G3 at my LHS. The graphics were very good and it felt much more realistic than FMS. The big downside for me was the $190 price tag. That's enough for me to buy all (or almost all) of a new plane or heli and I would rather do that with my money than buy a sim.

Then I found ClearView.http://rcflightsim.com/
Free download to try it out and only $30 to buy it! The graphics are in the same league as G3 and the physics feel even more realistic. Add to that 9 flying fields and 30 models (15 heli/15 airplane) and you've got the absolute best deal in RC. Even better than the AeroAce! There's even another 100ish planes and 50ish helis out there for free download. To top this excellent package off there's the amzingly good customer service. I had computer problems that were leaving me with very low FPS. While sorting this problem out I emailed back and forth with customer service 3 times. I got two of the responses back in under 5 minutes and the longest I waited for a response was 20 minutes! I didn't know customer service like that even existed anymore! I certainly wouldn't have believed it would come from an online dealer.

In closing let me urge anyone interested in buying a sim to download ClearView today. You'll have a top-notch sim and save a great deal of money and headaches.
Garian is offline Find More Posts by Garian
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2006, 06:22 PM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Hey Garian, I just simply want to add to what you have already posted here. Stefan and his product Clearview are simply amazing. I'm in a similar vote that I'd prefer spending the majority of my money on actual planes and gear yet still be able to get the benefits of devoting time to a quality simulator. Clearview was the answer! I tested Aerofly Pro Deluxe, Reflex XTR, and Realflight G3 - either on my computer or at a local hobby shop. They were very impressive and I was thinking about getting one of them. I started doing research and came across FSone which is another simulator that is due out in October - it sounded amazing compared to G3/Reflex/Aerofly and so I put off getting any of them. Finally I came across Stefan's post in the huge G3 vs FSone thread and checked out his website. Downloaded the demo and played it. Man was I pissed when my demo time ran out lol. Went out and returned a college book that I didn't need and ordered clearview - had it up and running in no time.

The thing that really sealed the deal for me was the customer service. Knowing that at anytime I can contact Stefan (skirtz here on RCG) and get a response back in a very timely fashion was great. In fact, he and I exchanged a couple e-mails with some questions of mine before I got it. The flying is spot on in my opinion and my previous controller setup for FMS was not fitting the bill. I was crashing quite a bit using my playstation controller compared to when I used to fly with FMS. I went ahead and got an E-Sky USB Controller and just received that in the mail today. Flying with that in Clearview is amazing. I highly recommend it!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Sep 26, 2006, 07:21 AM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
516 Posts
I recommend CV to all my new students and club members. It is a great program, outstanding service and Stefan is a great guy to deal with - very helpful.

I could not be happier with it - it has really improved my flying ability, and saved me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from not having to repair all of the models I have crashed on the sim

Nice to see there are still dealers like this !

Terry
TerryE is offline Find More Posts by TerryE
Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:34 PM
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Mar 2006
5 Posts
I bought G3 used and I am somewhat happy with it, but today I tried the demo with my G3 controller and I was really suprised at the feel of the heli. For someone who don't want to spend the extra cash I would suggest this sim. Now it don't have the bells and whistles as G3 but I feel it is a great simulator for the price. If I had to do it over again I don't know if I would have spent the extra money fo G3. It seems to me that people get caught up in the big name products like G3, Reflex and others which I am included in this group, that we don't give other good products a chance. To be honest the physic felt just as good as my G3. Some people might disagree but this is what I have experienced. I might purchase it to go on my older laptop so some of the people on my job who bug me about flying my heli (which won't happen) can see what I go through to fly. Good job Stefan!

Andre
ahperson is online now Find More Posts by ahperson