Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 19, 2002, 09:12 PM
Got Lights?
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Joined Jul 2002
312 Posts
Servo Connector Types/Pinouts

I require an accurate reference to SERVO CONNECTOR information. I would like to offer the lighting kit to accomodate every possible receiver type and have ordered Futaba, Airtronics, and JR type connector blocks and need to know if there are any other types, or which of the above three work for other generics like Hitec etc.. If you know of a url or even have experience with the connector forms/pinouts, guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
mcu-electric is offline Find More Posts by mcu-electric
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2002, 09:52 PM
Tacoma,WA USA
Joined Jun 2001
3,847 Posts
http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html

Don't remember where I stole this pic from.
William A is offline Find More Posts by William A
Last edited by William A; Mar 03, 2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 10:11 PM
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2000
2,525 Posts
Great, now that that is done with, get these lights operational

Paul

www.canadianmodelsupply.com
-GWS kits and Parts
Paul Penney is offline Find More Posts by Paul Penney
Old Aug 19, 2002, 10:21 PM
Got Lights?
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Joined Jul 2002
312 Posts
Thanks William, the site has great diagrams. My only question remaining at this point: Are the JR and Hitec 'plugs' the same?? They appear to be similar in all diagrams (I know the wiring is different), but simply put, if I buy "JR" bulk plugs, will they physically mate in a hitec system??

Thanks again!
Matt
mcu-electric is offline Find More Posts by mcu-electric
Old Aug 19, 2002, 10:34 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
Good chart. So - bottom line - everything sold in the US (and Canada?) today has the same pin arrangement.

Older Airtronics (made by Sanwa) have the positive and negative swapped. These also have three ridges to polarize the connector. (This also applies to the old Cox/Sanwa radios.) As far as I know, KO Propo did not make aircraft radios.

A JR type connector will, in general, plug physically in to JR, Futaba, Hitec, and Airtronics Z receivers. Futaba connectors have a tab on one edge that prevents them from being plugged into JR/Hitec/Airtronics Z.

If there is no case on the receiver, or only a loose one as on the GWS R4 and R6 receivers, the polarizing tab has nothing but air to plug into and so it doesn't matter if it is there or not.

There is a very old Futaba connector (at least 10 years ago) that has three exposed pins with uneven spacing called a "G" connector. I wouldn't worry about that one as there were no such receivers that we'd use in a park flyer today (heavy).

Ace used 3 pin Deans with the same arrangement as JR/Hitec/Futaba J. I wonder how many of those are still flying, too. None in park flyers, I'm sure.

I don't think you need worry about Kraft or any other long-out-of-production stuff, either.

One caveat: I have occasionally gotten an ESC to test that has a connector "JR" type connector in which the pins are so small that they won't go on an Airtronics receiver (after swapping the positive and negative pins in the servo connector), but this is not common.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Last edited by BEC; Aug 19, 2002 at 10:36 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 09:06 PM
Joined Aug 2000
2,536 Posts
So which then is an S connector??
hardlock is offline Find More Posts by hardlock