SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Kmot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 02:23 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,878 Posts
Trader Rating: 69
For Sale
Hydroplane Driver Figure, 1/16 Scale

This is a Hansen Racing 1/16 scale vintage hydroplane pilot/driver figure cast in resin and hand painted.

He is wearing a white leather jacket, and has brown leather racing gloves. His Bell helmet is painted bright red and has a full face shield and chrome snaps. The interior foam padding of the helmet around his face is gray cloth. His life vest is safety orange cloth with brown leather waist belts that have chrome buckles.

The underside is left unpainted for a good gluing surface to your model boat.

Each part must be hand trimmed using an Xacto knife and jewelers files. Then the figure is glued together, and painted. Using a series of very small brushes in sizes 0, 00, 000, and 00000 and a magnifying eyeglass headgear. It takes a few hours labor to complete one of these driver figures.

The driver figure costs $20, and I am charging an additional $20 for my labor, paint and tools. So I am selling this for $40 total plus $4.05 USPS Priority Mail for a grand total of $44.05 delivered in the USA. I am happy to ship to addresses outside the USA but additional postage costs must be payed for by the purchaser. Shipping in the USA is via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Outside USA, shipping is via USPS Global Priority Mail.

I accept Paypal for payment.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Last edited by Kmot; Sep 24, 2006 at 02:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread