HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by WarrrEagle!, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 01:41 AM
Too little play time...
South Alabama
Joined Feb 2005
1,500 Posts
Gallery
The Progression of the Obsession

Thought I should post some pics for my blog since it was all empty and sad!

I am going to document my R/C Progression and the concurrent Obsession and just run through a bunch of pics!

I should note that I got my ABC and started this hobby less than 2 years ago! Addictive personality? Thankfully not regarding substances but apparently so regarding this hobby!
WarrrEagle! is offline Find More Posts by WarrrEagle!
Last edited by WarrrEagle!; Sep 24, 2006 at 01:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2006, 11:51 PM
WOOOOsssSSSShhHH !!
Long Island , NY
Joined May 2003
1,007 Posts
Nice collection there !!

I had a mini piper....dropped my first brushless into it in 03' Was alot funner with it...till I tried to go through some goal posts at WOT. To this day it was the funniest crashes. I hit the post with the wing and it jackknifed and rotated in its wing hold down bolt so the wings were paralell with body. It arc'ed through the air and did a perfect lawdart impression.

That nasty looks cool. Ive always wanted to make a full fuse STC one day. Alot of folks love that design.

Spar
sparrow1717 is offline Find More Posts by sparrow1717
Last edited by sparrow1717; Sep 26, 2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 07:57 AM
Keep calm and don't blink
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2005
2,044 Posts
That is a great variety of models. Looks like you got it bad. Bad news is the world is full of organisations hell bent on feeding the addiction and very few voluntary support groups that can help you go cold turkey. Only cure is take two planes and go fly in the morning.
I've been at it a couple of years too. An aspect of the hobby i've found to be really fun is float flying. I have a sea plane, two hydros and a converted foamie. There is a blog entry here with a couple of vids of another guy float flying a foamie:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525087
I see you have access to foamies and water so you are half way there
Keep at it.

Regards
Kiwikid
KiwiKid is online now Find More Posts by KiwiKid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ModelAero Polaris Ultra
Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:15 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Scary

Tony,
The similarities between us ... how long in the hobby and other than the gassers which I have never flown, we've done so many things alike that it's weird. Good to hear from you yesterday. It was fun to hear you stop and talk to that lady in the middle of the road. LOL.. I was hoping to go towards south Ala this weekend, but alas.. I work on Saturday and have a family obligation on Sunday. Great Blog though. I have to get mine going again.
If you still have your Stryker, I'll send you a motor for it that you'll love.

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:56 AM
Flying is FUN
Joined Apr 2005
153 Posts
The UFO is cool

I would like to build one if i had plans it sure looks like fun maybe add some night lights and see what your friends say when they see it lol
layback2 is offline Find More Posts by layback2
Old Sep 30, 2006, 09:21 PM
Too little play time...
South Alabama
Joined Feb 2005
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by layback2
I would like to build one if i had plans it sure looks like fun maybe add some night lights and see what your friends say when they see it lol
Build thread with plans!
WarrrEagle! is offline Find More Posts by WarrrEagle!