HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:55 PM
Moorpark, Ca.
Joined Apr 2004
1,085 Posts
Discussion
Need help with larger e-plane set-up.

Iím helping my bro-in-law set up his Raidntech P-38. This will be the first plane either of us has built that has retracts, & the need to use a separate power source to power up the Rx & servos, UBEC? Question #1; Are there servos especially made for retract service, in that, they swing from end point to end point as their normal mode of operation, instead of returning to the center point? Or, are the servo end points set up with the EPA, (end point adjustment) on the Tx? Question #2; Would tying 3 servos together, as in 3 landing gear retracts, into one channel so that all of the gear would be actuated with one switch cause any overloading problems? Too much current draw? Question #3; Are UBECs made with different current capacities to support fewer or more servos? This plane is looking to have 7 servos, 2 HS-55s, 1 HS-81, & 4 HS-81 MGs. What size UBEC would be recommended for this set-up? TIA for any help.
Rick
RickAvery is offline Find More Posts by RickAvery
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:00 PM
KY
Joined Sep 2006
191 Posts
I used a 2700 mah rx pack in my GP 30% Christian Eagle using 4 jr 537sd, hi tech 5945dmg, 2 645mg for elevators. 2y- for ailerons in ch 2 and 2 in 6. I dont know if 3 channels would overload a channel, but know of planes going down because rx overloaded because of input. (35% though) I slaved the gear channel to the elevator to match up the 2 elev servos. Slave a free channel to the gear? Good luck, would like to hear results.
Team Astro is offline Find More Posts by Team Astro