SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:52 PM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
Discussion
HL revo issues (yes more issues)

Well I am still trying to get this thing to fly the way I want. I am down to 3 Minor issues.

1, I have a minor tail wage, I have the 401 turned down to 58% gain. The wag is so small it is almost like a vibration. I am thinking that maybe I need a different servo on the tail I currently have a hs55 on the tail.

2) The tail slowly drifts to the right. I mean really slowly drifts. If I am hovering I have to move the tail about 20 degrees after about 20 seconds.

3) When stopping a piro or a turn, I get a pretty big bounce in the tail. I have the delay set to the Maximum already.

I have mechanically centered the Tail already. I have plenty of tail control piro's both direction are nice and fast. Maybe to fast for my skill level.

FWIW. I am fairly new to Heli's, But I managed to get my Corona tail working perfect. Just can not get all the vibes out of that bird. Besides I really like the positive control of the CP.

Highflier
highflier is offline Find More Posts by highflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2006, 09:06 AM
Now Wren 1701
Wren, MS
Joined Jul 2005
1,325 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, almost drove me crazy. Mine turned out to be a vibration coming from the tail. You couldn't see it while in the air, but if you held it down and ran it up you can feel it big time! Try balancing your tail blades, also the stock design on the tail grips, etc. aren't very good. I replaced mine with a microheli tail and got rid of all my vibrations.

Hope this helps, Alan.
Wren1702 is offline Find More Posts by Wren1702
Old Sep 18, 2006, 09:13 AM
Now Wren 1701
Wren, MS
Joined Jul 2005
1,325 Posts
One other thing, make sure you use some 3-M brand double sided foam tape to secure your 401. A hard connection between the frame and the gyro will transmit those vibrations to the gyro more readily.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:55 AM
Joined May 2005
1,051 Posts
rid the HS55. that is a poor tail servo.

the HS81 makes an excellent tail servo for a mini heli and it's inexpensive too. if you want something a little smaller use a hs56/65.
jh4db536 is offline Find More Posts by jh4db536
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:04 AM
Speed cost money.
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
I'll start with a new tail servo. HS 65, and will add more foam tape to the gyro mount. I'll see how that does. I just noticed some tail vibes. Had my first crash last night and when I was checking it out I noticed some vibration that I am unsure of it was there before or not. I repaired it and did a test flight, during the test flight I could not see any vibrations at all. But I could see a couple during the spin up while it was on the ground.

Highflier
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:38 AM
Now Wren 1701
Wren, MS
Joined Jul 2005
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflier
I'll start with a new tail servo. HS 65, and will add more foam tape to the gyro mount. I'll see how that does. I just noticed some tail vibes. Had my first crash last night and when I was checking it out I noticed some vibration that I am unsure of it was there before or not. I repaired it and did a test flight, during the test flight I could not see any vibrations at all. But I could see a couple during the spin up while it was on the ground.

Highflier
Just a reminder, you will not be able to see the vibrations that are causing your problems. A thread that may help:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519917
Old Sep 18, 2006, 08:53 PM
Speed cost money.
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
I am starting to think a servo may help. I doubled the foam tape and result was identical. what I have noticed is that it does not rotate unless I am working the pitch. Thus to hold hover every little up and down on the thottle causes a little tail rotation. If I let is slowly climb or fall, the tail does not rotate.

I am thinking a new tail servo, and then shortening the delay back down.

Highflier
Old Sep 18, 2006, 09:50 PM
Speed cost money.
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
I had already mechanically centered the tail with trim and in normal mode. That solved the problem on my corona. But no luck on the Revo. Must be vibration. arg...

Highflier