HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MattZC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 06:53 AM
I just love flying
Traverse City ,MI
Joined Dec 2005
900 Posts
Discussion
Animal Maiden Flight Report

So on thursday I finnished my Animal 3D by Nikitis aircraft and I brought it to school on friday to maby fly it in the 3/4 size soccer feild. It was perfect conditions. Calm and clear. I knew I had to give it a go. I brought it out at lunch and pluged in the battery and did my preflight. Everything was working normal. I powered it up to full and it lept out of my hand and shot upward like a rocket! I knew I had a amazing plane under my thumbs i flew it around for a little bit, rice axial rolls, very tight loops, nothing special, then a came in for a landing. I had way to much up elivator and droped it to the ground from a bout five feet and broke the landing gear. A little foam safe ca will fix that one. I flew it again at last period and about the same thing with a better landing. When I got home I charged it up and went out to a bigger field. THat was a mistake. I got it going to fast and pulling to many gs and snaped a counter balence off on the left aliron. Went home and glued it and went out to try it again. I did another spin and this time when I pulled out I completly snaped it off. So now I wasn't to happy so I brought it home and recharded and glued and taped the aliron. Just before dusk I went out to a school yard, about the same size as the original sight and flew it there. That was the trick. The best 3D manuvers I had ever done were done at dusk at a small field. Thats about it and I'm very happy with this plane.

-Matt
MattZC is offline Find More Posts by MattZC
Last edited by MattZC; Nov 13, 2006 at 07:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2006, 03:31 PM
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
you get to fly during school? i was wondering if i could do that to
mecevans is offline Find More Posts by mecevans
Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:11 PM
I just love flying
Traverse City ,MI
Joined Dec 2005
900 Posts
Yep, during lunch before Recess. My art teacher is really cool and lets me do these kind of things.
MattZC is offline Find More Posts by MattZC
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:35 PM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Thats awesome you get to fly during school. My school would never let me do that.
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Old Jun 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
stevo
monster maryland
Joined Feb 2007
498 Posts
yeah me neither theyed kick my
spitzelder40 is offline Find More Posts by spitzelder40