HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:24 PM
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Joined Nov 2010
1,113 Posts
I don't know how much room is on that transom but trim tabs can also help stop porpoising, though it will slow the boat down a little with the extra drag but as you said it's a little to quick as it is for that lake.
rotorkilla is offline Find More Posts by rotorkilla
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2011, 07:01 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,815 Posts
^^ They come stock with trim tabs, I think he even mentioned adjusting them already?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:40 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
should be a 1/8" gap at the prop where the cable enters the tube. should be okay with that. move the batteries forward. trim tabs should just need a slight bend down. a little tweaking here n there and you'll get it skimming the water at top speed.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:26 AM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
The stinger is at the prop end, how much of a gap is there at that end?
well the flex drives are the standard stock SV27 shafts and I haven't moved the motor of course. the brass tube is sticking out a little though? should I push this in so the brass tube is EVEN CLOSER to the motor? would this cause a snap in the shaft? the first snap on the maiden I believe the brass tube was pushed in flush with the aluminum instead of sticking out like on flex shaft break #2.

Name: 100_3088.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 130.9 KB
Description: [/I]
RChelisrule is offline Find More Posts by RChelisrule
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:31 AM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive View Post
should be a 1/8" gap at the prop where the cable enters the tube. should be okay with that. move the batteries forward. trim tabs should just need a slight bend down. a little tweaking here n there and you'll get it skimming the water at top speed.
I will play with it. I really should drive this at a bigger lake anyway. that's why I bought this little Tenshock clone, it is awsome and perfect for this lake. Here it is stock, I have since then upgraded from a 30mm to a 32mm prop and it is really fast now. I love this little thing. I do wish I would have gotten the genuine tenshock because I ended up replacing the ESC to a sea king anyway but it is awsome now. here was the maided completely stock.
Joysway Offshore Warrior RC boat at my Office Lake at Stewart Perry (3 min 1 sec)
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RChelisrule View Post
well the flex drives are the standard stock SV27 shafts and I haven't moved the motor of course. the brass tube is sticking out a little though? should I push this in so the brass tube is EVEN CLOSER to the motor? would this cause a snap in the shaft? the first snap on the maiden I believe the brass tube was pushed in flush with the aluminum instead of sticking out like on flex shaft break #2.

Attachment 4086309[/I]
I would push the brass bushing all the way in, but you also want a gap between the drive dog and the stinger (or bushing if it's sticking out). If it's too tight there it can bind when the cable shrinks under load and snap the cable.

I would also check the alignment of the stuffing tube to the motor. When you pull the cable it should slide right back into the collet without having to fiddle around.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:43 AM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
Well, cable break #4 occured on the 6th run of this boat!!!! this time it ended up in the lake with the prop and drive dog!, cable was lubed. this time i bought a new brass tube, cable, drive dog and prop! this is getting expensive! ok, does anyone have an easy step by step for replacing the stuffing tube and flex cable/dog/prop assembley?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:01 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
i had trouble replacing the tube so i had my local shop do it for me. replacing the cable, drive dog, and prop are easy enough. attach prop, lube cable, slide it into the tube. leave 1/8" gap at the end of the tube (prop end). post pics when you're done.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Dec 31, 2011, 04:27 AM
Joined Dec 2010
21 Posts
4 cables in 6 runs means something is out of alignment or binding. Check your motor to tube alignment. Make sure your bushing is spining free.
captncrunch123 is offline Find More Posts by captncrunch123
Old May 05, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Jul 2008
93 Posts
Hi all.

Need help guys.
Today play supervee 27 with Motor - Ammo 36-50-2300kV, ESC - Swordfish 120 Amp ESC, Propeller - Grimracer 3 blades, 4S Lipo battery. When start, I hear noicebut from motor and adter 1-2 min boat stop. When I rescue him from water I found that motor try rotate when I push throttle but only diddle and going smoke from it. So two quaestion.

1. What happened with motor?
2. Pls recommended new motor same power like my old motor or more powerfull.

Thanks
messir is offline Find More Posts by messir
Old May 06, 2012, 12:31 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jul 2011
278 Posts
you cooked it from the sound sof it. something bound up or the timing was off. i would go with a aquacraft 2030kv motor from the ul-1 pair it to a seaking 120 set the timing to 11.5 degrees, thats as close as you can get to the stock 10 degree timing of the motor. this wil make an SV VERY fast on lipos.....Have Fun!!
wagondriver42 is offline Find More Posts by wagondriver42
Old May 06, 2012, 04:08 AM
Joined Jul 2008
93 Posts
Are any motor what enought power and fit my boat what I can purchase from Hobby King store?
Old May 06, 2012, 07:25 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,815 Posts
This is more power than you need, but it'll work:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Inrunner.html
Old May 06, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Jul 2008
93 Posts
Which better, your link or this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...uct=17701&pb=1 ?
Old May 06, 2012, 02:53 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,815 Posts
For an SV27? Both are more power than you can use in that hull, the one in your link is even more power than the one I posted. If you want to use it in a bigger hull, the 3674 will be faster.