HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kev71H, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 03:22 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,653 Posts
What time at norcal SAT? I will come. I will see If I can get others from RCMCC to come this Sat!!!

Can't wait!
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2007, 03:31 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,653 Posts
That particular track was a pretty good size for the 1/8 bikes. Not bad size at all. I have tried to race on some of these 1/10 RC CAR tracks and found that I had to slow to a crawl to try to zig zag through the hairpins. That track was very reasonable for the bikes.

I noticed that the "lanes" were nice and WIDE. This is key for our bikes many times so that we have room to navagate possible "over speeds". Unlike cars that can just "turn and burn" or lock up the brakes.

It can all be realitive. Please, I'm not trying to be argumentitive.
I have tried to whip out the bike(s) on some rc car tracks and found it very disturbing that I didn't have room to navigate very well because of being so cramped or setting up for 8 turns in a row.

I can't wait to go to Norcal SAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Hobbies
Not trying to get into a debate with the experts,I get enough of that with the car side "experts" of this hobby so........ thats why Rams seems the logical choice.For 1/8th size you guys are on your own I suppose.Bring um to Rams.Maybe they will let you run a class there for them.I can't believe that is not enough space to run those tiny bikes.

The Youtube videos shows these bikes racing in close quarters on a small track.Not my opinion but fact.I will stick with the 1/5th for now. I want to have fun without the politics.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sKORxjd31...elated&search=
Old Mar 18, 2007, 04:09 AM
burnout king
cali
Joined Oct 2006
248 Posts
got the vic pro from jwerks. omg it is fast 8000 with a 14 tooth on it wont wheelie but will spin the tire
5150driver is offline Find More Posts by 5150driver
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:27 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Just wanted say I had a great time running at NorCal. And it was a pleasure to meet Ian and Tim. Great Guys and they had some great ideas for the bikes. I learned a lot and I look forward to running again.

The track was difficult to negotiate at first but by the end of the day I was able to link laps together. I don't think the the track is impossible but very technical.

Ian let me use a tire with one of the molded inserts in it and that made my 1/8 scale drive unbelievably well mannered. Night and day difference. I want one now, gotta have it.

All in all had a great day and got some great leaning in.

I love the RC Bikes!
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Mar 20, 2007, 12:26 AM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
Alright,I know we all have 1/5 bikes.Lets really try to make the NATC race next month at Rams.I want to run Electric as thats what I own.They will likely have a gas bike class like last year.I will be running 1/5th F1 also at that race.Should be FUN!

Also anyone thinking about 1/5th roar Nats?They are gonna have a bike class there as well.Some things to consider
NorCal Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by NorCal Hobbies
Old Mar 24, 2007, 07:48 PM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
5150 and I spent today testing and I got my 5th scale bike handling really well.The layout is a little more open and so I have a feeling Rams will be the perfect spot to run 1/5 scale.I had fun practicing.

Anyone thinking of making the Natc race?
Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:06 PM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
Hey Tim,

I came home tonight and a package from England was here.Saucy!

KP07-Lights out for you all!
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:46 AM
burnout king
cali
Joined Oct 2006
248 Posts
JOHN,
when will it be at the shop i want to look at it. also i can't say what i want kids read this. also today was fun too bad the bike guys dont ever show up.

TO THE GROUP---also found out today that if you can't go around nor cal in a 5th or 8th scale you really need more practice. it was harder to get the 8th scale around the track than the 5th. today was the first time i drove a 5th scale and if i can get around the track cleanly then hell i dont know why you guys dont show up more. i do admit though that nor cal is a drivers track and isn't wide open, but thats where skill and patients come to play.

i thought everyone wanted to promote this part of the hobby so we could get races and such going on or even track days.john and i are always flooded with questions when we are there running the bikes. i even let people try my bike just to try pushing them into it, giving driving tips while they are out there and 80% say they want one and will look closer into them. but the one question is always asked is if there are many people with bikes since they dont see them. if people show up to practice and prove there is a strong following these people will buy and then we may have a saturday morning dedicaded to us. today at nor cal there was no sedan racing and that would have made it perfect for the group to get together for racing.

tim booth
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:49 AM
burnout king
cali
Joined Oct 2006
248 Posts
JOHN if i get the 5th scale ready i'll be there with ya at NATC
Old Mar 25, 2007, 01:10 PM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
I will be there today working on it.

With the layout we have now, I think it would be fun to see how fast we can go.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,653 Posts
take some pics!!
Old Mar 25, 2007, 09:51 PM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
of the track or bike?

I was practicing again today and now I have incorporated the drag strip into the layout and it's even more fun.I should be ready 4 the Natc race. If anyones down for some Saturday practice,lmk and we can use the drag strip in the layout for giggles.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:25 PM
burnout king
cali
Joined Oct 2006
248 Posts
well you know ill be there
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:15 AM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,653 Posts
Pics of the layout bro! And yes Pics of the bikes! I'm down for some saturday practicing! OR EVEN FRIDAY EVENING!
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:39 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,198 Posts
Ian, Kevin, etc. -- Are you guys doing the next NATC race at RAMS? I won't be able to make it up there this coming round, but the next one I should be able to do.

Lito
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer