HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kev71H, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 03, 2007, 10:52 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,504 Posts
1/8 scale.....look out fellas...I'm all dialed in!!
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2007, 11:21 PM
Joined Feb 2007
702 Posts
Sup Tim!

I was practicing tonight with my new to me TTE ducatti at NorCal.I need help with the setup Ian.What motor suggestions for this thing?It came with a CC 7700 Mamba max setup and its stupid fast----in a straight line---! I simplified the layout and it was super fun practicing.This is my first time running a electric bike ever and I am starting to get the hang of it.I feel the lines for sure,just need some setup help and more practice.Ian,if you get a chnce maybe you could come by and help with it.

I have my 2 KP07's on order.Won't be here for a bit but this bike I have now will be the perfect bike to practice on.I have been inspired by watching videos on http://www.skiptonclub.net/TibbyGPweb.wmv
Those guys are sick and I will be that good soon enough!Mark my words........I am hooked!So is Terry g.
NorCal Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by NorCal Hobbies
Last edited by NorCal Hobbies; Mar 03, 2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2007, 04:07 PM
Joined Feb 2007
702 Posts
Hey guys.Looks like its a go for Rams and running bikes there.You will have to become a rams member and help with track building and take down but thats all good if we have a place to race IMO.

Maybe we can rally the guys to see exactly how many locals will be willing to race 1/5 bikes at rams once a month.What do you guys think?
Old Mar 04, 2007, 04:43 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,504 Posts
Once every 2 months would be nice. There is only 4 weekends in a month.
Old Mar 04, 2007, 05:01 PM
burnout king
cali
Joined Oct 2006
248 Posts
hey john,

what if enough 1/8 scale guys showed up for race day at norcal you think you could work it in??? just a thought. but if its saturday i'll be out since of offroad. also you guys run any detta st yet???
5150driver is offline Find More Posts by 5150driver
Old Mar 04, 2007, 05:48 PM
Joined Feb 2007
702 Posts
Tim,

We could totally do the 1/8 hor racing @ NorCal.We are still waiting on the release of the vedetta st.I hear its good!

As far as Rams goes,if you can support it once a month,that would be good.One day a month is not much at all.If you can't,then do whats realistic for yourself.Being involved in organizing many kinds of r/c racing over several years now, I feel every 2 months honestly won't be enough exposure to make what is already a fledgling racing class grow. To gain local interest,we need to have a more regular schedule if "racing" interest is to grow.I don't belong to RCMCC,and I realize the clubs intent is to promote interest in the hobby,whether it be a casual thing or for racing.What I am trying to gather is whether or not we need to bother setting up racing with RAMS.I don't want to waste thier time,or ours. I would like to showcase this class in order to get those with bikes to bring them out,and those who don't to maybe consider purchasing one to have some fun.The only way to do that is get them out in numbers.So with that said,maybe you and Ian could communicate with others in your club to see what they feel.If anything we can get an idea of whether or not its something to proceed with.

Here is Rams schedule-

March
4th 8th/10th Scale Fun Race
11th 8th/10th Scale Points Race
18th 5th Scale Points Race*
25th 8th/10th Scale Fun Race >> 24th-26th Airtronic's Race <<
April
8th 8th/10th Scale Points Race
15th 5th Scale NATC and Points Race*
22nd 8th/10th Scale Fun Race >> 19th-22nd Vegas Mugen Seiki Grand Prix <<
May
6th 8th/10th Scale Points Race
20th 5th Scale Fun Race or makeup Points Race*
27th 8th/10th Scale Fun Race >> 25th-28th Texas Biggie <<
June
3rd 5th Scale Points Race*
9&10th 2007 RC Pro Race
24th 8th/10th Scale Points Race
July
8th 8th/10th Scale Points Race
15th 5th Scale Points Race*
22nd 8th/10th Scale Fun Race
August
12th 8th/10th Scale Points Race
19th 5th Scale NATC and Points Race*
26th 8th/10th Scale Fun Race
September
2nd 8th/10th Scale Points Race >> 6th-9th 1/8 Scale Roar Onroad Fuel Nationals <<
16th 5th Scale Points Race*
23rd 8th/10th Scale Fun Race
October
14th 8th/10th Scale Points Race >> 4th - 14th 1/8 Scale Worlds in Argentina <<
21st 5th Scale Fun Race or makeup Points Race*
28th 8th/10th Scale Fun Ra

All the dates for 1/5 are marked with an *

8 oppurtunities to race and grow the sport in our area.LMK what you guys think.
Old Mar 04, 2007, 10:51 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,504 Posts
Well,

I was mentioning every 2 months because many of us already race airplanes (me) or race RC Cars (others in the club) Every 2 months could get ones to ramped up or attend "for sure". I only speak for myself , but "racing" every month would spread me out too thin and I could only make every 2 months anyway. Expecialy with my other RC things scheduled.

I would love to make it every month , but we also don't want a bare bones attendance at first. Make it definate scheduled then maybe to every month??? Just a suggestionl. I would try to make every one I could, but I gotta be realistic when it comes to "starting" actual racing.

See where I am coming from?

Kev
Old Mar 04, 2007, 11:47 PM
Joined Feb 2007
702 Posts
Totally understand.

Maybe its something that can be proposed to other club members.What other members actually race r/c cars besides maybe Ian and Hung?Also how many would actually be willing to "race"? Again it all about scheduling I guess. Also realistic participation from your club members.Some may never want to race.
Old Mar 05, 2007, 10:51 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,316 Posts
Hey John I'm down for both scales. 1/8th at Norcal and 1/5th at RAMS.

But I'd like to get in a couple months of casual meets first just to get everyone on the same page. We'd need to discuss with everyone steering linkage setup, crash bar setup, etc. just so it makes the transition to racing tracks a bit easier. I remember how much I was freaked out the first time racing on a track with these things.

St. Patrick's day weekend is free for me.

John you working today at Norcal? I can be there around 5pm if you're there. I'd like to see the bike.

Ian
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old Mar 05, 2007, 10:52 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,316 Posts
Oh and what are the fees for RAMS? Roar membership, race fee, and any other fees?
Old Mar 05, 2007, 11:54 AM
Joined Feb 2007
702 Posts
roar is mandatory,You dont have to become a member,but it shows support for the club.thats 30 dollars year.And its 20 to race like everywhere else.

I will be there today at 5 Ian.Come on by.Maybe you could show me what I need for the HOR.
Old Mar 05, 2007, 12:09 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,504 Posts
WOW..Norcal Hobbies is close to my work. I work in Fremont. I wish I could meet you guys there today, but I have other apts.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:45 PM
Joined Feb 2007
702 Posts
How many of you guys want to go to the April 15 NATC race at Rams?Lets get a roll call!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 01:02 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,316 Posts
There might be a slim (very slim) chance I'll be in Tahoe that weekend, but otherwise I'm there dude. 1/5th mod or 1/5 19T.

Ian
Old Mar 13, 2007, 02:35 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
You can count me in 1/5 mod

In any interest for this sun march 18th maybe go and show a presence. would be nice to get some track time in before the NATC race?

NorCal When do the 1/8th scale bikes get to run?
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips