HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kev71H, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:10 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,341 Posts
Good morning everyone (yea, it's 8am here! Yawn! oops! Sorry!) That is the brake servo I've ordered too, locally, the DC1015MG. From what I hear from European racers, it's a very long-lasting servo... some have been using it for over a year, in monthly racing.
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:27 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Austin,TX
Joined Mar 2009
273 Posts
As many of you predicted, the SB5 couldn't easily make its way around the tight corners of my local 1/10 track, I was eventually able to make 4 good laps without having to be turn marshaled, but it was a challenge to say the least. Surprisingly, even as difficult of a time as I was having, there were several other racers who were interested in the class. Perhaps on days when the track layouts aren't too technical, we can bring the bikes out to play!
bill_delong is offline Find More Posts by bill_delong
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:51 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,711 Posts
A simple "m" course rocks actually.
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:08 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Austin,TX
Joined Mar 2009
273 Posts
while removing the wheels from my SB5 last night, I discovered the stock glue was not holding up very well after only 1 battery pack ran through the bike:

The acetone dunk overnight easily removed the remaining glue and the tires peeled right off effortlessly without causing any damage to the stock wheels, tires or foams. It turns out that the stock front foams from Thunder Tiger are harder than the PMT's, but the rear PMT foams are harder than the stock Thunder Tiger:

I plan to take the bike back out to the track again this weekend and have my fingers crossed that the new tires will make a difference to make sharper turns
bill_delong is offline Find More Posts by bill_delong
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:02 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
824 Posts
Pmt's will be like night and day compared to the stock tires.The way you glue the tires is very important,I suggest you lookup a thread on the subject. There are plenty on the groups you just have to find them. The Roadies tires save you from the glueing process but I believe everyone should learn how to glue & balance tires. The Roadies are excellent and cost effective also.
DLAWW is online now Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:05 AM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
Pmt's will be like night and day compared to the stock tires.The way you glue the tires is very important,I suggest you lookup a thread on the subject. There are plenty on the groups you just have to find them. The Roadies tires save you from the glueing process but I believe everyone should learn how to glue & balance tires. The Roadies are excellent and cost effective also.
+1 agreed
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
293 Posts
Do yourself a favor when you mount the PMT's - convert over to the 2-piece sb5 wheel. The center is more likely to break than the outer rim. If and when you do break one, it will be easier to change the center than to go through the whole process of re-gluing.

You will see a huge difference with PMT's. The 200 grip is awesome and the 100s are a considerable improvement over stock. The 200s are a bit on the too-soft side when we hit triple digit temperatures.

-rskip
rskip is online now Find More Posts by rskip
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:41 AM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rskip View Post
Do yourself a favor when you mount the PMT's - convert over to the 2-piece sb5 wheel. The center is more likely to break than the outer rim. If and when you do break one, it will be easier to change the center than to go through the whole process of re-gluing.

-rskip
TRUE TRUE TRUE..... The 2 piece wheels are MUCH better (and at a good price). Changing out the middle with screws is WAAY better than changing tires and re gluing ... Here:

http://2wheelhobbies.com/index.php?c...sort=2a&page=2

http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1562
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:15 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
824 Posts
Repeat from SoCal thread.
Another reminder the G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 25TH ANNUAL TOYS FOR TOTS being held from Dec 7-9 2012 is coming up. Can we get a list going so we can be included in this event:
1.Dwayne
etc.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:35 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
Hi there guy.I am new on here,when will you be running again?
pufdogg is offline Find More Posts by pufdogg
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:18 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,711 Posts
Hiiiii. RCMCC is located in San jose CA. Where are you located? We get together from tome to time for sure but its not on a regular scheduled basis.

We are happy to include you. This forum has the information on location of when and where we get together. You can also PM me your phone # for more direct contact.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:38 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
824 Posts
We have a race coming up in a couple of weeks, Kev just thoght I'd let you know. I have to submit a list of who's confirmed so they can secure trophies.
http://66.159.51.180/glarcrc/wcnc.pdf
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:09 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,711 Posts
Lemme check our schedule .
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:06 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,711 Posts
Unfortunately I may have to miss this race there. sucks.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:55 AM
go faster and drive harder
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
hi guys I'm new here but can you let me know when something is going on. Me and some friends have bikes. Be cool to run with you.

Thanks Derek
email- derek@gofasterracing.com
gofasterracing is offline Find More Posts by gofasterracing