HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kev71H, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2006, 02:49 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,335 Posts
Can we meet at the San Mateo Motorcycle show Dec 16th or 17th? I'm planning on going and have a few $2 off coupons left.

http://motorcycleshows.com/motorcycl....jsp?id=358893
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2006, 03:29 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
SURE! My wife and I are going to be showing our REAL bikes at that show! SO...."I" will definately be there!

Kev
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Dec 09, 2006, 11:30 AM
burnout king
cali
Joined Oct 2006
248 Posts
so what is the main bike everyone is running? is there a good mix of 1/5 and 1/8. told my buddy about you guys and he can't wait to meet and run with you guys too. plus we both want to see 1/5 run
5150driver is offline Find More Posts by 5150driver
Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:08 AM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
We have a big mix..its almost 50 50 on the 1/5 scale bike and the 1/8 bikes. (we have an unusual amount of kyosho 1/8 scale bikes. WE run both nitro 1/5 and electric 1/5 bikes.

Its going to be great getting everyone together soon. (WHEN the weather lets up..who knows when that is?)
PM phone numbers and I will put you guys on the list.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:08 AM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
5150 I have your phone no. already..LOL
Old Dec 23, 2006, 03:09 AM
san jose ,CA
Joined Jun 2004
541 Posts
heay when do u guys meet next ?! i wana watch .
rumplestilskin is offline Find More Posts by rumplestilskin
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:37 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
A notification via this THREAD will be a very good reminder of "when" we will meet next.

It is the rainy season now. We may try to meet in between rain days (or VERY COLD days)

Currently we don't have a day planned come lately. BUT, I (or someone) will post here when we plan to meet. Sometimes we call directly via PHONE #s. If you want me to call you also PM me your phone numbers.

We will take pics also and post them here on our thread.

Kev
RCMCC
http://RCMCC.tripod.com
Old Feb 26, 2007, 09:34 PM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
hey guys!

Just wanted to see when the next meeting will be.I am purchasing a nitro bike and want to join in the fun.Ian,if you see this,call me if yo get a chance at the shop.510-324-5700.thanks. john hicks
NorCal Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by NorCal Hobbies
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:00 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Thanks to Ian we do have some guys who meet localy in bay area close to or in San Jose.

Here are a few of them:
(thanks Ian)

Ray: turbozx81@netzero.com
Ken: kjonthebay2004@yahoo.com, rcbiker2004@yahoo.com
Dave: david@cvasc.com, franv7@earthlink.net
Sam: samuelbolosan@yahoo.com,
Kevin: kev71h@aol.com
Ian: ianfran@hotmail.com
Secn8ure: secn8ure@yahoo.com
Mike Crommie: got.bms@comcast.net

Also:
motoxxxx67@comcast.net, jondelavega@yahoo.com, andy@andyman.org, DANIMATION@aol.com, hpnguyen@comcast.net, bozinator@comcast.net
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:33 PM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
Thanks Kevin.

I am wondering if you guys have found a space appropriate for racing yet? I have a transponder system available to me and would like to see local racing happen.I will be in touch with you guys as soon as my bike arrives.

Btw,whats a good electric 5th scale bike to get into?I like to have the best of the best when it comes to equipment so whatever that is,can you steer me in that direction?Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:51 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,335 Posts
Hey John,

If we did have a venue where we met semi-regularly more people that have them would come out. Kind of like how dirt racing is at Fremont. I'm sure many people have bikes in the BA and would love to race them.

KZ speedway in socal is currently where people come to race bikes during the weekends, they even are included in the NATC series which I have traveled down to race in a couple times. It's a nice 1/5th scale track and I wish we had one up here.

We haven't found a place - looking for ideally a large smooth and flat surface. Smooth is important because if it's rough the crash bars are real squirrelly at full lean.

As for bikes, the NF/TT has always been the standard which we constantly improve off of but there are several high end chassis kits available in the UK. One's sold off of 2wheelhobbies.com. You still would have to have the NF/TT as a base though.

Let's keep in touch on this. Maybe soon enough (like this year maybe) this could happen.

Ian
Old Feb 27, 2007, 03:04 PM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
I noticed you guys raced on Deltas old oval.If we opened up the layout similarly at NorCal,would it be possible to race there?Our track is larger then thier track was.What about the schoolyard you guys were running at in Union City?I see all sorts of potential and I think this can happen sooner then later.Jason Ordaniza and I are in.Mike Guvara has one.Lets get it going!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 03:05 PM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
Also has anyone talk with the Rams club on 5th scale days for a class to run?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 03:17 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,335 Posts
Cool, which class? If it's 1/8 Kyosho we can all run at Norcal - just simplify the layout.

I'm in!

For 1/5th - The Union city Schoolyard is hit or miss (unpredictable). It's a gated yard and sometimes soccer games are there. I found a parking lot by the old Costco location in Fremont but semi trucks come down there sometimes to unload cargo. Any ideas let me or Kevin know.

Ian
Old Mar 03, 2007, 12:17 AM
burnout king
cali
Joined Oct 2006
248 Posts
well im in. i have 2 hors. also hi john its tim booth
5150driver is offline Find More Posts by 5150driver