SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by RayH, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:03 AM
Tuskegee Airmen; My Heros
Check the Bloq
Joined May 2002
1,494 Posts
Discussion
Pt Fermin, the arrows fly!

What did I think would happen?

Funny sometimes how when you take a stand for something, you end up having to explain things you didnt even talk about.

Example: I have never said word one about flying at night, yet, when I show up at The Hill this evening, all of sudden I am "point man" against night flying. (Ian, you left before the fireworks started. Must have seen it comin', huh?)
I am also "enemy number-one", against "grown-men" executing their right to consume whatever they want, smoke whatever they please, and act however they will, and then go fly @ Pt. Fermin.

Tonight I found myself against a small, hateful clan, as I tried to explain my position to them. Only one listened! And Dave, to you I say "Thank You". To the rest, I hope this gets to you intact.

Read the entire night flyer thread!

You guys were ready to lynch me over stuff that was being said a long time ago. You guys were hot and pissed over stuff other people have been saying way before I said anything online. But you guys all wanted to vent at me cause I informed the Police, Coast Guard and Lifeguard! I am not looking to lose Fermin, but on the contrary keep it safe.

The talk I had with the two agencies (not the Coast Guard, by the way) was that I was concerned about a safety issue, involving ___________.
The input that I received from both was that ON THE WHOLE WE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE GUYS THAT FLY AT PT FERMIN! THEY ARE NORMALLY SAFE AND COURTEOUS! WE DON'T ANTICIPATE THAT WE WILL HAVE ANY!!

So I asked each and every one of the pissed off Flyers tonight, "is that you, do you come over the wall after _____ and then fly?" One said "yes", the rest said "NO"!
The feeling from this group was that I violated their ability to do what they wanted to do--undisturbed in a public park, and that it will be ME that will get Fermin Shut Down from flying....not their smoking or drinking in public, and then jumping over the wall to go fly. Just my pleads and concern to have them not do it at Pt. Fermin, is what they believe will cause us to lose the flying site.
One flyer went through the trouble to graffitti his own PSS Sled with the phrase, "We got a Snitch".....yes, just for me.

What did I think would happen!

Ray

The "Men" that are the most pissed are the ones that are usually guilty!
RayH is offline Find More Posts by RayH
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread