Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 11, 2006, 04:47 PM
Joined Oct 2005
167 Posts
Discussion
what's importent in a new 6 chanel radio?

Hey all.
Just decided to move up to a 6ch radio. I'm not looking for somthing fancy.
What do you think is the most importent features?
what about airlions differential? do you realy feel the different with it?
And last question: if i set my airlions epa for different up and down deflection, does it effect the whaole range of movement of servo (like ail-diff) or just the end point?
thanks a lot
Amichay
pimaa is offline Find More Posts by pimaa
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2006, 08:16 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,169 Posts
Hi Amichay,
First, the EPA, if used as you described would result in the aileron with lower EPA setting matching the movement of the other aileron till it ran out of travel, this is not what you want . Yes, aileron differential is very usefull and a computer radio makes it a breeze and you can easily change the amount till you get what you want.
In a 6 Ch computer radio the number of model memories is important, I'm maxed out on the 4 memories on my old airtronics Take a look at the Hitec Optic 6, it has the most features for the money at this time in this class of transmitter and has 8 model memory, and the only 6 channel with a removable RF module, this allows you the choice of going with a synth freq. module (Spectra) and in the future there will be modules for running on the 2.4Ghz spead spectrum like the Spektrum DX6. Good luck.
Pete
pilotpete2 is online now Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Sep 12, 2006, 01:52 AM
Joined Oct 2005
167 Posts
Thanks Pete
Helped a lot
pimaa is offline Find More Posts by pimaa