HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2006, 09:45 AM
Joined Sep 2006
32 Posts
Question
USD forks???????

I have a NF sf501 and a tt fm-1e, looking to get somethign better than the junky front shocks tha come on the bikes. Are the CNr USD forks good? do they have adjustable dampening? What shocks do have adjustable dampers ?
cjs_mods is offline Find More Posts by cjs_mods
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:13 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
2wheelhobbies.com has the tornado front forks.There adjustable oil dampened and seems to take a pretty good beating.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:24 AM
Joined Sep 2006
32 Posts
How are they adjustable? is it just liek a regualr 1/8 scale buggy shock tuning or what? does it have different heads in there? or differnt springs or what? i'm looking to get a set of shocks that can be adjusted by springs and dampening chareteristics. so how do the tonado forks work? are oyu talkign about the USD forks? i probally sound like an a**hole, but i'm not, just dont want ot spend close to 100 bucks on somehting and find out its not what i wanted. so , do hte USD have like pistons inside them that cn be changed? and springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels
2wheelhobbies.com has the tornado front forks.There adjustable oil dampened and seems to take a pretty good beating.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:25 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,732 Posts
CNR forks are good for the price but the are non-adjustable and no dampening.... the Tornada forks are more expensive, but they are preload and dampening adjustable and they are really beefy.... 2wheelhobbies has both
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:32 AM
Joined Sep 2006
32 Posts
Does anyone have dis-assembled shot of hte tornado forks? or the USD forks form CNR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
CNR forks are good for the price but the are non-adjustable and no dampening.... the Tornada forks are more expensive, but they are preload and dampening adjustable and they are really beefy.... 2wheelhobbies has both
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:24 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs_mods
Does anyone have dis-assembled shot of hte tornado forks? or the USD forks form CNR?

here are the tornados

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=101

the CNRs are like the stock ones for the most part but the outer casing is reversed and they slide a lot easier (machined better)
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:35 AM
Joined Sep 2006
32 Posts
Wow

Wow, those tornado forks look liek tats what i am lookign for, they ahve an actual shock inside, so it can be adjusted, thats what i am looking for, i get alot of wheel hop in the front and read, i put 1000 wt diff fluid in my rear shock on the FM-1e andthat solved that, but my front tire hops around alot too, so those shocks will work, thanks for the help. i dont want the cnr shocks, not if they are just upside down versions of hte stock ones, that sounds liek some junk.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 01:09 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Tornado forks on the front, and a REVO shock on the back, and your FM-1e will handle like a completely different bike.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Sep 11, 2006, 03:04 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Nærum
Joined Apr 2004
138 Posts
Hi Steve

Any pics and other info on those Revo shocks
Mr Green is offline Find More Posts by Mr Green
Old Sep 11, 2006, 03:18 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Here's a couple of threads about the REVO/JATO rear shocks. They are a very nice upgrade.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=revo

Old Sep 11, 2006, 05:01 PM
Joined Sep 2006
32 Posts
Could you use a stock revo shock? or does the resivoir make a big difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
Here's a couple of threads about the REVO/JATO rear shocks. They are a very nice upgrade.

Old Sep 11, 2006, 05:24 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
To me the reservior makes a big difference, both in how the shock performs and in how it holds up over time (less rebuilds). I've put aftermarket reserviors on stock NF and TT shocks, and have even made a remote reservior using a fuel filter and high pressure tubing. They are worth it.