SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 10, 2006, 05:05 PM
California
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
Discussion
Tyco RC Grave Digger Truck Help

Hello All I am New here just now joined this cool awsome site.I have the Tyco RC Grave Digger Monster Truck.The one with the tall dune type tires.I got this lastweek at a Swapp Meet works great,Until The Steering went quit on me.It only goes too the Left not the Right.The battery is fully Charged uses the Tyco NI-CD 7,2V Batt.It sometimes works but only for few seconds,Any ideas how I can fix this.Yes I already called Tyco they cannot help since it was released in 2002-2003.I took it apart looked at everything there looks fine too me.Any help would be very helpful.I feel upset Truck runs Great not the Steering. Arrrrrgggggggggggg .

"""GRAVE DIGGER ROCKS"""
Grave Digger Fan is offline Find More Posts by Grave Digger Fan
Last edited by Grave Digger Fan; Sep 11, 2006 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Grammer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2006, 02:05 PM
California
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
How come noboady want to help me out with my Problems I am having with my Truck
Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:16 PM
United States
Joined Dec 2004
1,893 Posts
it's hard to say what's wrong with the steering --- maybe the servo is broken i dunno. do u have a picture?
TueLe is offline Find More Posts by TueLe
Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:37 PM
California
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
That is the Problem bud I do not have the Manual for it,I called Tyco they only have Manuals that tell ya how to run the Truck.And how too put in the batts and etc.No In depth Manual of Truck or Circult Boards.Have no way of know what too look for It works for a few minutes then stops working so.No Idea what too do.Wish someone can help if the had teh same Truck they could help me.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:43 PM
Love is like Pi: Irrational
USA, ND, Grand Forks
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
Does the truck have a servo for steering?
Or one of those magnetic steering thingys?
If it is a magnetic thingy, I highly doubt it will be fixable.
ronmeister is offline Find More Posts by ronmeister
Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:48 PM
California
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
what dose it look like the ones I saw were two small round disk that have Prongs sticking upwards.These disk are metal the look like half the size of a dime.What Next.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:09 PM
California
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
I do not know what too look for guy's I read,Flyin Hawaiian's Topic on the smae problem.I sent hima PM Message but not reply as of yet.I am hoping he can help me or someone here,I am dissapointed abut y Truck Bummer.Tyco dose not even have a Manual saying what things are insid the Truck .Even Tried my hobby shop here they canno do anything too iy unless the see a Manual.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 09:39 AM
Joined Aug 2006
24 Posts
I don't know if you're going to get much help, as that is a TOY grade RC. You might be better off calling Tyco and ask if they have a repair center in your area, or anyone that repairs them out of warranty.
waytoocrazy is offline Find More Posts by waytoocrazy
Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:37 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,486 Posts
Generally the toy stuff isn't worth repairing. Parts + Labor = Price of new unit.

Find a hobby shop and buy a nice electric stadium truck and leave the WalMart/RadioShack/Toys-R-Us stuff behind. They aren't readily repairable and when they are they aren't worth the effort.
Rampage is online now Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
if you cant fix the truck would you be interested in selling battery-charger-transmitter??
roachsregal is offline Find More Posts by roachsregal
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:17 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,015 Posts
If you like it that much you could always buy hobby grade parts for it and convert it. But that will require some skill with the dremel and a soldering iron.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:00 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,842 Posts
The original post is from 2006, I doubt you'll get a response...
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 05, 2014, 09:28 AM
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
Hi, just bought the same grave digger and it has the same problem, only turns to the left. Very interested in how you fixed it, if it turned out that way.
Kenj is offline Find More Posts by Kenj
Old Jul 06, 2014, 07:46 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenj View Post
Hi, just bought the same grave digger and it has the same problem, only turns to the left. Very interested in how you fixed it, if it turned out that way.
The answer is above. It's toy grade. You throw them out when they break. That's the nice thing about hobby grade cars, you can repair everything, no need t throw it out.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72