SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 09, 2006, 09:20 PM
Drydock Captian
Spanaway, WA
Joined Jul 2006
1,604 Posts
Build Log
Tito Neri Comes To Life

Well I have enough of the Thomas W. Massey done for now to keep me satisfied. I broke out the HUGE box that sits behind my chair and started on the Tito Neri. I have not decided yet if she is going to be built as the Tito Neri or as one of my Massey Marine Services ships. All I have done so far is the bow thruster, and anchor hawsers are in place and glued down good and I removed all the parts from the part trees. After work monday (I have duty sunday so I wont see outside the Truman till then) I will buy some water proof wood glue so I can start building the internal framwork. Graupner did a fine job with this kit now lets hope I can do a fine job building it.

Massey

Enjoy the pics I have so far and of course there are more to come. Comments always welcome.
Massey is offline Find More Posts by Massey
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2006, 10:02 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Feb 2006
1,111 Posts
I was taught you had to finish one build before you were allowed to start another - HA! HA!... nice looking boat - I am jealous
smart_racer is offline Find More Posts by smart_racer
Old Sep 09, 2006, 10:19 PM
Drydock Captian
Spanaway, WA
Joined Jul 2006
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart_racer
I was taught you had to finish one build before you were allowed to start another - HA! HA!... nice looking boat - I am jealous

Same here but I am A.D.D. and I can only stay on one task for so long. I will prolly take a break from building this ship to get some work done on the Yamato that is comming in the mail here soon. Oh well it keeps me busy

Massey
Old Sep 09, 2006, 10:39 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Feb 2006
1,111 Posts
I hear you, I am waiting for Mr. Postman to deliver my "Darby", I am sure I will get into it before I finish my present builds...I agree, it keeps me busy...too
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:07 AM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,668 Posts
The more prodjects started, means the longer you have to stay above ground to finish them! Besides, what fun is it if you only have 1 to enjoy/frustarate yourself with?!!!
keith S is offline Find More Posts by keith S
Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:49 AM
Holland
Joined Jul 2006
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith S
The more prodjects started, means the longer you have to stay above ground to finish them! Besides, what fun is it if you only have 1 to enjoy/frustarate yourself with?!!!
Well, some times you don't feel like doing that one kit... or you've done something and it needs rest so the paint/glue can dry. So i can understand why he's building several kit's at a time, I'll probably do that too, when i'm ready to plank the hull of the phantom 710, i'll probably start laying the keel of the victory

Looking good Massey, but it would be easier to keep track of all your builds if you'd get your own little place in the boating forum (or if you'd use one thread for all of them )
Fladder is offline Find More Posts by Fladder
Old Sep 10, 2006, 12:06 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Feb 2006
1,111 Posts
Very true!
Old Sep 12, 2006, 07:07 AM
Istanbul - Turkey
Joined Mar 2006
44 Posts
neat
eskiserkan is offline Find More Posts by eskiserkan
Old Sep 16, 2006, 09:45 PM
Drydock Captian
Spanaway, WA
Joined Jul 2006
1,604 Posts
Little update

I have not gotten alot done worth taking pics of. Wirk has been going slow because I have had to laminate alot of the parts and I dont have enough clamps to do more than one or two at a time. The little ones are easy enough I just use the paper clamps but the bigger ones need big clamps and I only have 4 of them. Anyway here is some pics of the progress.

Comments are always welcome.

Massey
Old Sep 17, 2006, 03:08 AM
85110 Chantonnay, Vendee, France
Joined Sep 2005
109 Posts
Massey,

Looks good and strong and you are clearly doing a very workmanlike job.

What servos are you using? Those which are recommended look very expensive to me.

Roger in France.
Roger in France is offline Find More Posts by Roger in France
Old Sep 17, 2006, 08:54 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
rog, to me they look like hitec see what massey says in a bit
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Sep 17, 2006, 09:01 AM
Drydock Captian
Spanaway, WA
Joined Jul 2006
1,604 Posts
Those are Spektrum/JR Z590's They carry a decient amount of torque, they are a little too slow for turning a racing car or truck so I am hoping that they will do good here. If not then I am going to try the digital servos that came with my 7CAP radio, and if they dont do it then I am out the $$$ for the high torque buggers.

Massey
Old Sep 17, 2006, 09:06 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
how do you rate the s3003 by futaba?
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Sep 17, 2006, 09:13 AM
Drydock Captian
Spanaway, WA
Joined Jul 2006
1,604 Posts
The s3003 is the standard Futaba servo right? If that is the case I dont care for it too much I like the JR offerings better. The JRs are about the same torque and speed but they seem to run smoother. The Futaba servos I was talking about above is a S3151 Digital. I could not "stop" it with my hands when I went to move the stick via a 4.8 reciever pack. I can stop the Z590s but it is not easy.

Massey
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:24 AM
McAlester
Joined Nov 2004
1,370 Posts
Massey,
Do you think that much torque is really necessary? It would seem that if it did require that kind of turning power that the drive's turning bearings would need some attention. Is extending the control arm feasable (longer lever = more torque)? [I'm not familiar with those drives so the questions are for my education! Planning ahead, you see? lol]
- 'Doc
LtDoc is offline Find More Posts by LtDoc