HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2006, 04:06 AM
Joined Sep 2006
65 Posts
Discussion
Chinese LiPo

I did a search on the forum, found many 3ds about but couldn't find my answer (there where tons of post to search in ).

My question is: is really worth paying 80 EUR (yes, from europe ) for a quality LiPo pack instead of buying a 30 EUR chinese one? I don't need special performance, I fly for fun and I'm just a beginner!

Thank you for attention, Michele
Entropia666 is offline Find More Posts by Entropia666
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2006, 04:25 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
423 Posts
Don't do it.

I bought several Chinese (e-bay) LiPos being tempted by their very low pricing. Several weeks later I have thrown them away. They were great in the beginning but after less than 20 charges they started to loose all their performance. I stick now to Thunderpower or Polyquest. Both of these brands have been performing incredibly well for me. Be reminded that al LiPos will loose performance if not treated right (minimum voltage and limiting maximum amp draw). Maybe I was unlucky. Interested to hear from others.

BioBa
BioBa is offline Find More Posts by BioBa
Old Sep 09, 2006, 04:52 AM
Joined Jul 2006
30 Posts
supplier of Li-Polymer battery you can trust

Dear BioBa,
As also a supplier of Li-Polymer battery,we are sorry to hear your feeback on our Chinese battery.
As a chinese,we don't want to give our any exculpation.The only thing we want to do is testify our quality.We guarantee you are satisfied with our battery products.Pls trust us!Our products can compare with Thunderpower!We want to set a good example for our chinese battery products!

If possible,would you pls provide you specific requirements such as Voltage,Capacity,Discharge Rate,Quantity?

In addition,our offical email is market@hnz.cn .
Waiting for your reply!

Best Regards,

Tony
--------------------------------------------------
Tangshan Hengzhao Co.,Ltd
Add:NO.4-1,Guangming Road,Lubei District,
Tangshan,Hebei,China
Tel:+86-315-7233603
Fax:+86-315-7233297
Web:www.hnz.cn
Mail:market@hnz.cn
Msn:tony_battery@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBa
I bought several Chinese (e-bay) LiPos being tempted by their very low pricing. Several weeks later I have thrown them away. They were great in the beginning but after less than 20 charges they started to loose all their performance. I stick now to Thunderpower or Polyquest. Both of these brands have been performing incredibly well for me. Be reminded that al LiPos will loose performance if not treated right (minimum voltage and limiting maximum amp draw). Maybe I was unlucky. Interested to hear from others.

BioBa
xxdong5211 is offline Find More Posts by xxdong5211
Old Sep 09, 2006, 04:59 AM
Joined Sep 2006
65 Posts
I just want a decent battery life (70+ cycles?).
Old Sep 09, 2006, 05:01 AM
Joined Jul 2006
30 Posts
We provide quality Li-Polymer battery pack!you can trust

Dear Michele,
We can provide quality Li-Polymer battery pack for you.The quality of our products can compare with that of ThunderPower! If possible,would you pls provide your specific requirements including :Voltage,Capacity,Discharge Rate,Quantity?

Waiting for you reply!

Best Regards

Tony
--------------------------------------------------
Tangshan Hengzhao Co.,Ltd
Add:NO.4-1,Guangming Road,Lubei District,
Tangshan,Hebei,China
Tel:+86-315-7233603
Fax:+86-315-7233297
Web:www.hnz.cn
Mail:market@hnz.cn
Msn:tony_battery@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropia666
I did a search on the forum, found many 3ds about but couldn't find my answer (there where tons of post to search in ).

My question is: is really worth paying 80 EUR (yes, from europe ) for a quality LiPo pack instead of buying a 30 EUR chinese one? I don't need special performance, I fly for fun and I'm just a beginner!

Thank you for attention, Michele
xxdong5211 is offline Find More Posts by xxdong5211
Old Sep 09, 2006, 05:06 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
423 Posts
Hello Tony,
Good to see that you care about the reputation of Chinese LiPos.
I use 11.1V (3S) 1800mAh or 2100mAh. All batteries I use are 20C continous. I purchase between 6 or 10 batteries at a time. I have placed group orders for our flying group of up to 24 batteries.
BioBa is offline Find More Posts by BioBa
Old Sep 09, 2006, 05:06 AM
Joined Sep 2006
65 Posts
Just as an info, I'm not going to buy LiPo in 2-3 weeks. What's the price for 3s1p 2200 mAh 12C (11.1 V) and cycles no?
Sorry my 3d wasn't intended for commercial advertisments, I just wanted experts' opinion about the product...
Old Sep 09, 2006, 07:02 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,367 Posts
Quote:
I just wanted experts' opinion about the product...
There is good reason some LiPolys cost more than others. There is a lot of difference in quality control. You may not need to purchase the very best ,most expensive LiPolys but you may not be appy with the cheapiest either.
All manufactures / vendors will swear their's are the best !!!!!!

Here is a post of mine one a National advertised China LiPoly whic is very sorry IMO.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=69

Another brand by another member
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=63
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Sep 09, 2006 at 07:10 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2006, 07:14 AM
Joined Sep 2006
65 Posts
Thank you for the link flyer I began reading the 3d but... it's a bit long Can u link a similar graph about thunderpower/kokam/other good quality LiPo (the expensive ones ) as a comparison milestone?
Old Sep 09, 2006, 07:51 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,367 Posts
The Battery Graph Vault which is a Sticky at the top of this Forum is full of battery test. The most recent one I have been testing is here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563628

Thunder Power ProLite 1320

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...66#post4131805

X-Power Gold 1000

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...03&postcount=1

There really is a big difference in LiPolys. Here is a comparison Graph of some of mine from the past.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...44&postcount=1

I just flew one of the Etec HP 1200 ones this morning. As a comparison the plane flew like it did during the ssummer of 2004 which is poorly compared to what I am now use to.

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Sep 09, 2006 at 08:03 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2006, 08:03 AM
Joined Sep 2006
65 Posts
Thank u very much. I knew I was asking common question, but I'm new here, this forum is giant and I got stuck

Michele

P.S.: The 3rd one looks better! Is it right?
Old Sep 09, 2006, 08:15 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,367 Posts
It depends on your Capacity(flight time requirements) C rating (max. amps, draw) cost ,weight etc.

My point is that there are many good LiPolys and very often in an effort to save 10%-25% on the cost of a battery performance and battery life suffer. There are many LiPolys which have already been tested and have a proven track record. Why make a purchase decision based mostly on cost of the battery when you have money in a Transmitter,receiver,ESC,aircraft,motor , servos plus your time. A good LiPoy will provide the power to help insure success while a poor quality one could result in a crash. A good quality LiPoly that matches your needs will last 100 or more flights if cared for properly while a low quality or one to small one may only last 20-30 flight,perhaps less.

Charles
Old Sep 09, 2006, 08:15 AM
Permanently Banned
San Jose Ca / RSA flyer
Joined May 2003
8,030 Posts
unless U specify certain electrode components required on your custom order LIPO packs which meets certain discharge and temperature specs, U will probably only get the standard FACTORY REJECT Chinese LIPOs CHEAP

ThunderPower is the only thoroughbred BRAND because it uses special components that pass hi-temperature specs
hall woo is offline Find More Posts by hall woo
Old Sep 09, 2006, 08:37 AM
Joined Sep 2006
65 Posts
I understand... In Italy we say: the more u pay, the less u spend... Is it clear? ^^
Old Sep 09, 2006, 08:40 AM
Permanently Banned
San Jose Ca / RSA flyer
Joined May 2003
8,030 Posts
Paisano, U got it

only for the " RIGHT STUFF "
hall woo is offline Find More Posts by hall woo