SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Do you want to see this thread come to life....
YES...show us more..... 15 83.33%
NO....... go back to your cave...... 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 08, 2006, 12:49 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Poll
To be or not to be.....A full LA Heli MaxiR build & reveiw

I was considering doing a complete build thread w/review of my upcoming Maxir Standard kit, these heli mechanics are going to be mounted in a fuselage made specifically for it, it is a GFK fuselage sold by ElektroRC.Com

I am also installing several upgrades in this heli, including the Autorotation main gear, Aluminum Head Block, and Aluminum Swashplate. Also Carbon fiber blades and the CF 3D paddles.

I will of course provide plenty of high quality photographs and full text.

I'm only going to do this if there's enough interest.

One special thing to note will be the full coverage of my fitting of the mecahincs and installation into the fuselage Possibly a very special paintjob.

I'm doing this as a poll so I can get a handle on how many would actually like to see my work on this project.

Let em rip......

KEN
kdill2160 is offline Find More Posts by kdill2160
Last edited by kdill2160; Sep 08, 2006 at 01:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2006, 12:56 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
I'm intrested. and also currently manifesting myself into the webbing of Maxir threads. moohoho haha
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Sep 08, 2006, 01:16 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Superdave's laugh

Can't wait to get my configuration into the elektrorc wiki
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2006, 01:23 PM
Plastic Buddha
Joined Oct 2005
2,601 Posts
aftica is offline Find More Posts by aftica
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aftica; Sep 25, 2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2006, 01:26 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
hmmm... I guess I'll comment...Thanks, I'll take it you like my work.
Old Sep 08, 2006, 01:31 PM
Blade CP/MaxiR SE
Mississauga, Canada
Joined Jul 2006
439 Posts
Please do!

Creosote.
Creosote is offline Find More Posts by Creosote
Old Sep 08, 2006, 01:46 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
:-) nice laugh it sounds better then it looks written.
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Sep 08, 2006, 02:26 PM
Crazy Heli Technogeek
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2004
4,205 Posts
LOL, you guys are going to reach page 10 before Ken can even get a single pic uploaded....

-Kai
Kai_Shiden is offline Find More Posts by Kai_Shiden
Old Sep 08, 2006, 02:33 PM
Heli Addict....
West Dundee, Il.
Joined Nov 2003
1,937 Posts
Please do, Im trying to decide between SE and a normal Maxir.

Id like to see the comparisions between the two, especially the flight characteristics.
Ecaf is offline Find More Posts by Ecaf
Old Sep 08, 2006, 02:34 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
I like it..... others' interest in my work is the only thing that keeps me going each day.

I sincerely appreciate the comments and encouragement. I hope to start on monday if this comes to life.... I'm watchin you guys.....jk

Ken
Old Sep 08, 2006, 03:00 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Now...the screws put to those viewing this post...

I mentioned in the start of this thread that possibly a very special paintjob....

Here's what I really desire; first some background...... I can airbrush a pretty nice canopy or fuselage, I can do a few tricks and "fancy" paint schemes, unfortunately I'm not an "airbrush artist" I cannot do murals or fancy images or skulls or anything like that. I an do a beautiful finish in standard painting and fades and shadows and camo and a couple other special finishes....OK, there it is.

Now what I would really desire and this Build/Review thread project may depend on it, I WANT SOMEONE TO VOLUNTEER A LITTLE TIME! I will pay for any materials. But I want a "professional" "airbrush artist" to do a paintjob I have in mind. I want an automotive quality finish on this fuselage, with some very special graphics that I've got planned in my design. I can provide paint masks or any of the graphics I'm wanting in electronic format.

So if any of you are skilled with an airbrush or know someone who is and may be interested in this project, contact me via pm, the forum or e-mail, you will obviously get full "billing" and "advertising" in my thread, as well as have an opportunity to show off your work. If no-one volunteers, I will probably have to hire a pro to get what I want as I will accept nothing less. The only other option is I'll have to learn to do what I want done and do it myself, which will only delay this project for me and anyone interested in its outcome. Also if no-one volunteers I'll be totally disappointed with the forum membership. This is an excellent opportunity to show off your work. Afterall that's what I'm doing and I pay for all of the stuff I use in my build/review threads(so far) I'll pay the shipping and insurance of my fuselage while in transit. I only ask that you treat it as if it were your own and do the very best job. (gosh I hope you people take care of your stuff)

SO there's my only request from any of you who may be keeping tabs on this thread.......any takers? Show yourself!

Ken
Last edited by kdill2160; Sep 08, 2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2006, 03:23 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
well, the public has spoken, someone must not like me here..... oh well
Old Sep 08, 2006, 05:04 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jul 2004
3,255 Posts
Well....the (1) no was probably a T-Rex, MX400, APlus, eSky, E-flight, Zoom, or MSComposit vendor

The MaxIR is experiencing an increase in visibility as of late, and there is fear of this growing and powerful cult following

Watch out or the MaxIR may go mainstream
RotorCycle is offline Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Old Sep 08, 2006, 05:12 PM
Crazy Heli Technogeek
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2004
4,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdill2160
well, the public has spoken, someone must not like me here..... oh well
LOL Ken,

I was actually tempted to vote no simply because I liked the way you worded "NO....... go back to your cave......" , many times I just like to go for the more "entertaining" answer.... By the time someone voted No, it was pretty obvious by the number of posts that the real answer is Yes... (btw, I was yes vote #8 I think)

The way I look at it is, this is a public forum, you have every right to make your build thread since it's relevant to the subforum that you're posting to, if other people don't want to read it, then they shouldn't click on it .

-Kai
Kai_Shiden is offline Find More Posts by Kai_Shiden
Old Sep 08, 2006, 05:17 PM
SCAMMERS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
Hey Ken, if no one has volunteered yet, you can send me your fuse and I promise to do my best job yet on it.

Kai, can I borrow that airbrush kit?

in all seriousness, yes do a build thread, although pete already has all the maxir info in that construction thread that one could ever want, it may be daunting to a n00b to look through a thousand posts, and besides there have been some advances/updates/upgrades since pete first started the thread, so maybe your build would be more aprobos to potential new MaxiR cult members.

I vote yes... go back to your cave... and start building!!!
trashmanf is offline Find More Posts by trashmanf