HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2006, 01:12 PM
Joined Jul 2006
42 Posts
Discussion
Top 5 Micro RTF cheapie planes.

I wrote a laymans editorial for the non RC enthusiast looking for a cheap way into flying RC, an I'd thought you guys might care to take a look.

I've submitted to a social bookmarking site called digg.com. If you feel like helping a guy out, get a free account here and "digg" the story here

If you don't want to get quite that involved, here's just the article.
http://www.quazen.com/Recreation/Mod...nder-$100.1912

Input ALWWAYS welcome.
plue is offline Find More Posts by plue
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2006, 01:49 PM
St Louis Park, MN
Joined Jul 2006
129 Posts
Nice little write-up Plue, although maybe mislabeled as "Top 5 RC Planes..." when you have the Picco Z in there. I understand it's really RC flight you're talking about though.

Count my digg (already a member). Good job.

Wait, now all of Digg will be buying up AAs and SLs too! Good thing I already have an SL!
Chet Spartan is offline Find More Posts by Chet Spartan
Old Sep 07, 2006, 02:18 PM
Joined Jul 2006
42 Posts
Much appreciated sir.
Old Sep 07, 2006, 02:33 PM
Nashville, TN
Joined Sep 2004
307 Posts
got 4 of the 5. hmmm. I must be cheap.
rodneybarrett is offline Find More Posts by rodneybarrett
Old Sep 07, 2006, 02:38 PM
TP 1.21 Gigawatt Needed
Hendersonville, NC
Joined Jul 2005
1,103 Posts
Personally I don't like the tone of your writting style, but sarcasm has always been wasted on me.

I think number 5 should have been the Aero Soarer, a much nicer and inovative plane.

Solid effort, and let us know if you write any other articles. Now that all the ladies have read that R\C is for the rich, i'm going to cruise the parks with a couple of my planes.
MikeBiv is offline Find More Posts by MikeBiv
Old Sep 08, 2006, 09:13 AM
Joined Jul 2006
42 Posts
I appreciate the legitimate input, any further description of what you didn't like would be appreciated. What did you find sarcastic, for example?
Old Sep 08, 2006, 03:16 PM
Joined Jun 2006
181 Posts
The information is good but there were a lot of typos.
franciscantony is offline Find More Posts by franciscantony
Old Sep 08, 2006, 06:28 PM
Wanton construction
Stockholm Sweden
Joined Sep 2006
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plue
I wrote a laymans editorial for the non RC enthusiast looking for a cheap way into flying RC, an I'd thought you guys might care to take a look.

Input ALWWAYS welcome.
What's a Hyrdo?

Also I'd consider AA jet and Biplane to be the same toy, just a variation in execution.
Drop one of them and add the Aero Soarer as suggested.

Edit: the AA Jet is not a ducted fan, just propellers revolving through a slit in the wing.
Pouncer is offline Find More Posts by Pouncer
Old Sep 08, 2006, 07:35 PM
Stuck on a rock
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
5,736 Posts
A good initiative but whether these are truly the top 5 or not is a subjective matter. I would call it "5 good models that cost below $100". And please get your facts straight if you want to sound credible. There is no such thing as a "Nickle" battery. Spell checking would be a good idea too.

Michael
epilot is offline Find More Posts by epilot
Old Sep 08, 2006, 08:49 PM
York, ne
Joined Feb 2005
599 Posts
Mistake on the jet: it does not have "ducted fans" . . that is a complete different animal.
melcrose is offline Find More Posts by melcrose
Old Sep 08, 2006, 08:50 PM
York, ne
Joined Feb 2005
599 Posts
And on the bipe, I've taken the lower wings off 2 planes and they were more stable after. .
melcrose is offline Find More Posts by melcrose
Old Sep 08, 2006, 11:21 PM
United States, KS, Coffeyville
Joined Aug 2005
698 Posts
I agree the AA and Jet are essentially the axact same thing, just in a different package. Put those 2 in the same spot (#1 if you like), and give something like the Aero Soarer a place on your list...
Snooptalian is offline Find More Posts by Snooptalian
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:46 AM
TP 1.21 Gigawatt Needed
Hendersonville, NC
Joined Jul 2005
1,103 Posts
Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner have been busy.

I would have tried to focus on the fact that these aircraft represent some of the breakthrough R|C technology regardless of the price. Remember some of the best technology (ie a hammer) is also the simplest and inherently the lest expensive.

Did you change the subtitle? It looks great now.

To the non-R\C modeler, you want to get the idea across that these aren't just cheapo planes that you fly cause your broke. That would infer that they are children’s toys or not very good.
I fly mostly 3D electric and have a bunch of other goodies ranging from a 30-size chopper and a glow Hydroplane and yet I have most of the listed Aircraft.
Why?

Cause they are so much fun to fly!!!!!!!!
MikeBiv is offline Find More Posts by MikeBiv
Old Sep 10, 2006, 12:23 PM
Malaysia
Joined Mar 2006
143 Posts
It's a Picoo Z, not a Picco or Pico.

I feel that the entire Aero Ace / X-Twin series could have been a single entry, with a preference given to the Biplane.

Cheers.
avianaut is offline Find More Posts by avianaut