HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2006, 06:39 AM
Launchpad McQuack
Netherlands, Moordrecht
Joined Sep 2004
1,125 Posts
I've checked the links. They work fine with me. Maybe the server was temp. down. Please try agian.
Prop-er is offline Find More Posts by Prop-er
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2006, 09:14 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,580 Posts
Well , here is mine I am waiting on wheels, other than that it is finished. I must say I enjoyed this build very much! This is my first shot at a super light foamie. I am at 123 grams with a TP480 2s pack. I am very pleased to say the least. Now I have to find a place to fly the darn thing Here are my numbers as well as some pics. Thanks again for the plans and info guys!

Mike

Custom made cdr motor 12 grams
Berg microstamp
Azarr ant
Dymond 4.7 servos
PH-10
TP 480 2s

AUW (without wheels) 123 grams
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:21 PM
Tennessee/Mid-South US
Joined Mar 2002
1,534 Posts
Now thats what I'm talkin about! Great job on the build

Did you harden the holes in the control horns with some CA? I tend to get some 'egging out' of the horn over time if I don't....
matchlessaero is offline Find More Posts by matchlessaero
Last edited by matchlessaero; Oct 25, 2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 03:44 AM
Joined Oct 2006
3 Posts
can't download BlingBling plans

Hello,

could you please be so kind and tell me where i can download the BlingBling plans ? the links at
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566748
are broken

Regards

Demosthene
Demosthene is offline Find More Posts by Demosthene
Old Oct 26, 2006, 05:15 AM
Me likes Depron...
Amsterdam Schiphol, Netherlands
Joined Mar 2003
1,577 Posts
Works fine over here, just try again, sometimes server is down for a while....

@power: Fine looking BBv3!
Pjotrrr is offline Find More Posts by Pjotrrr
Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:21 AM
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchlessaero
Now thats what I'm talkin about! Great job on the build

Did you harden the holes in the control horns with some CA? I tend to get some 'egging out' of the horn over time if I don't....
Thanks matchlessaero,and good tip on the horns. I will give it a try. I use the thicker ply for my larger planes and they hold up well. The 1/64 ply is a whole lot thinner. I do see where the CA will help.

a couple of things I will add, I used RC-56 on pretty much everything. If you apply it with a "T" pin and wipe off the excess with a damp cloth, the joint is invisible when dry. Then with RC-56 most the weight of the glue evaporates when drying. I used .250 in Blenderm strips for hinges. I did learn that every little thing counts when trying to stay below 130 grams. This is fun stuff!

Mike
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:58 AM
Joined Oct 2006
3 Posts
Hello Pjotrrr,
i've tried many times without success. Could you please download all the BlingBling plans and send them to me per e-mail. I'll give you my adresse in a private message...

Regards

Demosthene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjotrrr
Works fine over here, just try again, sometimes server is down for a while....

@power: Fine looking BBv3!
Demosthene is offline Find More Posts by Demosthene
Old Oct 27, 2006, 03:07 PM
Alabaster AL
Joined Aug 2006
791 Posts
I love the look of this plane but it looks to me like it cut from a large piece of Depron not the smaller sheets we get here in the US. Am I correct that the wing and the horizontal portion of the fuse is one piece?
rcnxs is offline Find More Posts by rcnxs
Old Oct 27, 2006, 03:18 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,216 Posts
I can't imagine you'd lose much strength if it was constructed in pieces like a Shockflyer.

Tom
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Oct 27, 2006, 03:22 PM
Alabaster AL
Joined Aug 2006
791 Posts
Actually I think it would be stronger but a tad heavier. It looks like from some of the other pics, someone may have built one using the "shockflyer" type construction method. I just wanted to double check what my eyes were seeing. We don't have an indoor facility so I will probably build with 6mm Depron for outdoor flying.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:20 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnxs
I love the look of this plane but it looks to me like it cut from a large piece of Depron not the smaller sheets we get here in the US. Am I correct that the wing and the horizontal portion of the fuse is one piece?

like we get from where in the us? you can get 24x36 sheets from www.depronusa.com, altho it looks like there temperaly closed
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Painted Bowker Yak 55 for sale
Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:39 PM
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnxs

Yup, one piece. The larger sheets are available in the US. I would think you would be just fine with 6mm splicing here and there.

I personally liked the way everything went together per plans. Less glue joints, less weight and stronger. If you look closely at Didier's plane and mine as well, the outer few inches of wing tips have been spliced. This is due to the sizing of the full sheet Depron. If you layout the plan on the large sheets so the grain goes lengthwise on the wing , the sheets come up a bit short to cover the span.

The design is well thought out, it can be built incredibly light yet rigid. The moments are perfect for component placement in realation to C.G. I was a bit worried about hitting C.G. using a 12 gram motor with a superlight pack. But it came out perfect

Oh, here is another option for larger sheets of Depron.

http://www.rcfoam.com/cart.php?targe...category_id=66

Mike
Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:54 PM
Alabaster AL
Joined Aug 2006
791 Posts
maybe I should have rephrased my thoughts to be cost effective depron in the US...the shipping costs are very high unless you live in a city where you can just go pick up a couple...not an option for me. I don't compete so few grams or an oz or two want be a big deal for me flying outdoors. Thanks for the replys...you gotta luv the internet forums!
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:41 PM
Joined Sep 2003
83 Posts
I actually wasn't paying enought attention and cut the tail separately and joined it similar to a Shockie tail , using UHU Por . No problems with strength , and I doubt that one glue joint added much weight. I'm thinking the CG could be moved back considerably from the plans , with no ill effects , but my Bling is temporarily Blung following an abrupt encounter with the floor. Darn solid plane in knife edge , as stable as I've flown.

Dorin Luck
dorjes is offline Find More Posts by dorjes
Old Nov 12, 2006, 04:35 AM
"How old are you?"
Brum, U.K.
Joined Feb 2006
544 Posts
My Bling is done..

3mm depron,27g cdrom, 6g servos, 10a esc, no l/g, 2mm wing bracing and a full length fuse stiffener..

125g without a battery....

I've had a quick flight outside with a little wind which seemed pretty good and a few packs of hovering indoors with a 3cell 340. It hovers easy..

Mike
Brummeh is offline Find More Posts by Brummeh