HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2006, 09:37 AM
Czech republic
Joined Apr 2006
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don
Hello Petr,

Looking good, any specs of new plane, how does it fly compared with bipe?
I talk with Dieder and Van Der Vecht's about monoplane vs biplane for indoor flying, and i still believe bipe is better. Anyway these small monoplanes is good solution for guys that flying in small gym.

By the way how you making these small holes on ailerons and elevator?

Are you planing to be in Carvin, who else coming from Czech?

Donatas,

Hello Donatas !

The new one is supposed to be about 130g and wingspan approx. 800mm. I'm still not sure what is better for F3P-A. I have flown with this monoplane just twice and the precision adjustment wasn't done yet. Anyway I haven't been so satisfied about this plane as I expected. There is just one way I think - to bring along a monoplane and biplane to hall and compare them. We are going to Carvin I think. I'm not sure who is gonna come but David, Boris, Jan Sedlacek, Jan Spatny, Tomas, me, etc... are gonna be in I guess.
I made the holes by a tiny tube from an old transmitter antenna. My mate made the same plane like me but he didn't make the holes and when he borrowed me that for a flying test so I didnt see any differences. It wasn't adjusted pretty well though.

I'm so looking forward to see you all at competitions !

Petr
Petr Chyska is offline Find More Posts by Petr Chyska
Last edited by Petr Chyska; Oct 03, 2006 at 09:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2006, 05:58 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,599 Posts
Thanks so much for the plans I am in the middle of building the Bling Bling and I have a couple questions, I can't see if there are actually wheels on Didiers plane. Are there wheels, or some other type of "skid" behind the wheel pants? Do the F3P planes usually get by without wheels? Thanks

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Oct 04, 2006, 05:05 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr Chyska
Hello Donatas !

The new one is supposed to be about 130g and wingspan approx. 800mm. I'm still not sure what is better for F3P-A. I have flown with this monoplane just twice and the precision adjustment wasn't done yet. Anyway I haven't been so satisfied about this plane as I expected. There is just one way I think - to bring along a monoplane and biplane to hall and compare them. We are going to Carvin I think. I'm not sure who is gonna come but David, Boris, Jan Sedlacek, Jan Spatny, Tomas, me, etc... are gonna be in I guess.
I made the holes by a tiny tube from an old transmitter antenna. My mate made the same plane like me but he didn't make the holes and when he borrowed me that for a flying test so I didnt see any differences. It wasn't adjusted pretty well though.

I'm so looking forward to see you all at competitions !

Petr
Again i think monoplanes are better for freestyle, 95% of pilots will pick bipe for indoor pattern. Except naturally Dutch team, it would be nice to test Bling bling with setup they using. Anyway Van Der Vecht flights are faster than any bipe i ever seen, control of plane is amazing but personaly i don't like speed in indoor pattern, but that's again good question for discusion, maybe some judges like it some not.
Nice to see all Czech team are going, if all goes as im planing, 3 pilots from Lithuania will also be there.

And yes im also looking forward to see you all

I will make these holes in my new pattern planes, will see how they work.
Also maybe someone know, what B seq will look like in this year in Carvin, two friends will fly in this class.

Cheers Donatas,
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
Old Oct 04, 2006, 06:22 AM
Holland
Joined Dec 2002
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don
95% of pilots will pick bipe for indoor pattern.
Hi Don,

At the last German open indoor aerobatic championships final exactly 50% of the F3p "A" class pilots flew monoplanes. (In 2005 only 15% flew monoplanes.)

Hope to see you at Carvin.

@Power: Yes, the Bling bling has wheels.
Bert v/d Vecht is offline Find More Posts by Bert v/d Vecht
Old Oct 04, 2006, 11:32 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
197 Posts
hello all idoor pilots, I have a new monoplane for F3P, and I think it is much better than my old biplane Predator. The new monoplane Predator evo is biger than Bertīs one, but I think it flies slower than Bling Bling. Iīm not 100% sure if monoplane is right choice for me, but Peter Chyska and other guys from czech team said that it is very good plane. Iīll see at first competition.
See you soon
HonzaS
HonzaS is offline Find More Posts by HonzaS
Old Oct 06, 2006, 07:45 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Hi Bert,

Maybe 95% was to brave anouncement I forgot about Germans, many of them use monoplanes for pattern. Will Dieder be in Carvin?
Also what planes you and Derk are planing to use this year for freestyle, same Yak's?

Looking forward to see you in Carvin.

Honsa your new plane looks really nice, any plane spec's? How work these wingtips?

Best luck Donatas,
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
Old Oct 06, 2006, 09:36 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
197 Posts
Hi Donatas,
It is my small secret:-) No, I donīt know how to explain it correctly, but it helps to stability on slow speeds. Iīll learn english and Iīll explain it to you in Carvin:-)
See you soon and have a nice time!
HonzaS
Old Oct 06, 2006, 10:00 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
197 Posts
My monoplane is 92cm long,span. is something about 82cm, weight is (only:-)) 145 gr. It is slower than my old biplane Predator1. it is biger than bling, my old monoplane vas 79cm (span.) big and it was not so slow and stabil in knife edges etc...

HonzaS
Old Oct 06, 2006, 11:13 AM
TeamZiering
Chandler, AZ
Joined Mar 2002
1,859 Posts
HonzaS,

Do they have any indoor competitions coming up near Prague? Or somewhere relatively close?

Josh
enigmabomb is offline Find More Posts by enigmabomb
Old Oct 06, 2006, 12:45 PM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
197 Posts
Hi enigmabomb,
Next weekend(14.) will be competition in Tyn nad Vltavou, it is 120Km (about 90miles+-) "under" Prag.In prag will be competition in februar.
HonzaS
Old Oct 07, 2006, 12:17 AM
Joined Sep 2003
83 Posts
My Bling V3 is finished and flown. 141 grams all up with TP 2s 480 pack , Cyclon Nano , CC 10 , Berg 4 , 1 Fut. 3110 and 2 Blue Arrow 4.3. 1mm carbon trussing the fuselage , with 1.5 mm gear legs.

Built with the 1mm carbon truss on the wings with no other carbon - I had my doubts if the wing would be stiff enough but it works fine. Really like the plane - really holds the line in knife edge well , very little roll couple , pitches to the canopy some with right rudder , none with left rudder. Upright harriers well , great roll rate , stable in rolling circles. Seems a little unstable in inverted harrier compared to , say , my Ikarus F3A , but I'm using 3d rates and probably pulling harder on the rudder than I should , and I suspect this will resolve itself with more practice. Very stable in a hover . All in all , an excellent design , and one that 3ds well. The pattern flying I did was limited to stall turns off vertical uplines , but these were clean and precise. Our gym is small to practice F3P in but I'll work on the sequence. I'll build another Bling for sure when this one goes in for good.

Thanks for the design , gentlemen.

By the way , the Cyclon Nano is a nice motor - plenty of power for the Bling. I'm using the the GWS 8x4 prop.

Dorin Luck
dorjes is offline Find More Posts by dorjes
Old Oct 09, 2006, 05:56 PM
Czech republic
Joined Apr 2006
22 Posts
Hi,

This is my last monoplane. It's based on Bling Bling. Still needs minor adjustments but flies pretty good actually.
Sorry for the quality of pics.

Greetings
Petr
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:14 AM
PB #2212
London, England
Joined Dec 2005
330 Posts
looks nice pete lol
dan
3dflyindan is offline Find More Posts by 3dflyindan
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:19 AM
Czech republic
Joined Apr 2006
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyindan
looks nice pete lol
dan
Thanks mate !
Old Oct 16, 2006, 02:23 AM
Joined Oct 2006
3 Posts
can't download plans

Hello,

i can't download these plans.
Could you please be so kind and control the possibility of downloading these documents ?

Regards

Demosthene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjotrrr
Thanks to Didier to give permission for publishing and Prop-er for his Rhino work to digitalise the plans for this GREAT F3P plane!!!

This plane is designed and flown by Didier in the Dutch and German F3P championships earlier this year.

VERY neutral flying design with almost the same surface area in vertical fuselage and wings, almost no need for rudder in knife edge, great performance in rolling figures.

Recommended AUW is 120-130 grams, best light servo's are the Dymond D47.

Have fun!!!

http://www.rcplans.nl/RC%20foto-albu..._Didier_A0.PDF
http://www.rcplans.nl/RC%20foto-albu...r_A1_Page1.PDF
http://www.rcplans.nl/RC%20foto-albu...r_A1_Page2.PDF
http://www.rcplans.nl/RC%20foto-albu...r_A4_tiled.PDF
http://www.rcplans.nl/RC%20foto-albu...TTER_tiled.PDF

Edit: Here's a pic of Didier's BBv3:

Demosthene is offline Find More Posts by Demosthene