HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2006, 05:59 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Discussion
Extreme and High Performance Electric RC Thread !!!!!

Hi Guys,

Lets use this thread for extreme electric RC.

OK I will start.

I have a F5D Demon on the way from Europe. I will be running a Hacker B40 FAI F5D carbon motor on 10 GP 2200 cells. It will pull around 110 amps on an apc 4.75x4.75 prop.

I hope to get 200 mph out of it!!!

Stay tuned.

Mav
Mavrik is offline Find More Posts by Mavrik
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2006, 06:13 AM
Aussie 3DHS Addict :-)
Port Denison, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,629 Posts
Has anybody tried out the Kamdax Mig 15 edf in aus?
WOOSHKA is offline Find More Posts by WOOSHKA
Old Sep 07, 2006, 06:31 AM
GOK
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Aug 2005
1,302 Posts
Double post sorry
GOK is offline Find More Posts by GOK
Old Sep 07, 2006, 06:32 AM
GOK
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Aug 2005
1,302 Posts
Mav,

That is extreme!!!

110amps! 200mph! I haven't seen any model aircraft fly that fast... Definintely not a Parkflyer I guess

Have fun with it mate I would love to see some videos of this ship if you can keep her in the frame!

GOK
GOK is offline Find More Posts by GOK
Old Sep 07, 2006, 09:42 AM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,091 Posts
hahaaa!!!!

Someone needs to be introduced to pylon racing methinks
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
Old Sep 07, 2006, 05:30 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOK
Mav,

That is extreme!!!

110amps! 200mph! I haven't seen any model aircraft fly that fast... Definintely not a Parkflyer I guess

Have fun with it mate I would love to see some videos of this ship if you can keep her in the frame!

GOK
Gok,

Me too. Never seen a model do 200. So figure may as well by mine when it does it!!!!Hehehe!!! Will make an easy star look like it is flying backwards!! No offense easy star owners!!!

Will get my eyeballs checked before maiden flight!!! My mate Dino will do a vid and I will definately post some footage if he can capture it on film!!!

Mav
Old Sep 07, 2006, 06:19 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,530 Posts
When you say Extreme, how Extreme do we discuss? Is 60-100mph extreme enough? Do we discuss entry level Extreme for the Extreme newbies? Or do we stick to the Extreme of Extremes, of which most of us can only dream of

Also is there a prize for the most Extremes used in the Extreme thread??
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Sep 07, 2006, 06:51 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Extreme RC Sunny Melb,

Yes anything EXTREME will qualify. Competition a Good idea !!!!

Example, Say a 4S lipo Easy Star or brushless Firebird to a 200mph beast and anything in between or better. I have heard of 5S TREX's out there.

Prize will be considered only once a Vid is posted. Pics OK too, but a Vid will tell all. FYI vids can be posted in the Gallery section of RC Groups at the bottom of the page!!!

Maybe we could run an Extreme RC thread competition for say 12 months and have a local hobby shop sponsor a prize.

Any Hobby shops interested??? Would be great publicity for the Hobby shop. Say a 2.4 GHZ TX first price???

We could do an online voting system where you simply nominate the winner in your opinion. Then tally up and we have a winner.

All we need now is a sponsor??? Any takers ???? I would be happy to moderate the competition!!!

Thoughts please

Mav
Old Sep 07, 2006, 07:44 PM
Upside down Miss Jane....
Georgetown, Newcastle, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
2,153 Posts
Well I have a new carbon bird-E thats gonna have maybe the 7cell F5B pletti in it on 10cells

Shawn
Stuntman is offline Find More Posts by Stuntman
Old Sep 08, 2006, 08:03 AM
Molded Hotliner Destroyer
Perth, Australia
Joined Jul 2004
1,720 Posts
850 watt Twinjet - Still haven't logged what I would call a successful flight due to radio issues, although looking back on my last two flights the pilot may have been the problem - power numbers

Ex Mav's 700 watt F18. Still un-flown but have a brand new 50C burst Flightpower 4S-3700 pack here for it, so it may go past 700 watts. These new cells are rated at 20C continuous, 30C sustained and 50C burst.

Mini Graphite fully molded hotliner - Bought s/h as a running setup, but still un-flown. Hacker B50-7S proven to 1200 watts on 14 cells. Launch video from previous owner on 10 cells

Oh, I also have a Multiplex Twinstar running two brushless motor that climbs at about 70 degrees to speck height then glides forever. Seriously, with the ESC brakes on it is amazing how well this big chunk of foam glides.
Magnum9 is online now Find More Posts by Magnum9
Last edited by Magnum9; Dec 31, 2006 at 02:06 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 06:49 AM
Groningen Eelde, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2004
209 Posts
Hi Mav,

Better believe the speed You will be supriced..
Search the net for f5d, or take a look at http://www.f5d.co.uk/videos.html for the world championship videos of 2006 of what to expect when it comes to speed with the demon.
Althought we designed the demon to fly at uelsen this year. The pilots who recieved the demon did not think they had enough time to get to know the model to actually fly it in competition. It will be flown from now on in the national championships.

Peter
www.corvidae.net
Peter Pankras is offline Find More Posts by Peter Pankras
Old Sep 26, 2006, 07:10 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pankras
Hi Mav,

Better believe the speed You will be supriced..
Search the net for f5d, or take a look at http://www.f5d.co.uk/videos.html for the world championship videos of 2006 of what to expect when it comes to speed with the demon.
Althought we designed the demon to fly at uelsen this year. The pilots who recieved the demon did not think they had enough time to get to know the model to actually fly it in competition. It will be flown from now on in the national championships.

Peter
www.corvidae.net
Peter,

Hopefully my Demon will arrive soon. Rudd had to wait for Hacker to come back from holidays as I ordered a motor/ESC as well.

Cannot wait to get the Demon going. Any feed back from pilots so far???

Mav
Old Sep 26, 2006, 07:22 AM
Groningen Eelde, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2004
209 Posts
Hey Mav,

No feedback yet from other pliots.
And sadly our proto for shooting any video footage lost it's wing after a few high speed laps. It's being repaired.
I hope I have some time soon to start flying again myself.

Peter
Peter Pankras is offline Find More Posts by Peter Pankras
Old Sep 30, 2006, 06:09 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pankras
Hey Mav,

No feedback yet from other pliots.
And sadly our proto for shooting any video footage lost it's wing after a few high speed laps. It's being repaired.
I hope I have some time soon to start flying again myself.

Peter
Sigh,

Still no Demon!!!

Rudd, when should it get here??

Mav
Old Sep 30, 2006, 06:14 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Demon !!!!

Yea!!!!

Just got an update from Rudd as follows!!!

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:29:28 +0200
To: chris@seek.com.au
Subject: Re: Nemesis to Australia Facture number CM 2006058 Change to Demon please

Hi Chris,

Your plane is coming i had some delay because i wasn,t happy how the tailplane came out off the mold so i made an other one wich is okee for shipping.

Thanks ruud