HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2006, 01:36 PM
Joined Aug 2006
111 Posts
Discussion
uce-bestbuy, site says they are in Calif but they ship from China ????

Whats the game here? http://www.uce-bestbuy.com/help.asp?typeid=7

They say they are in CA but I got an email saying that my order is shipping from Hong Kong.

What is the dealio here?? False advertising?
rcer2007 is offline Find More Posts by rcer2007
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2006, 02:45 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
1,079 Posts
The sales policy on their web site reads:
"The shipping methods we use are usually quick, especially when we have stock in U.S."
Looks like you ordered an item that was not in stock and they are having it drop shipped direct from the mfr. They also charge sales tax on California orders, which indicates they do have a Cal. location.
defranci is offline Find More Posts by defranci
Old Sep 18, 2007, 12:03 PM
VeNeZoLaN_gUy_In_GA
covington GA
Joined Sep 2007
8 Posts
i buy the pitts s-2 from uce-bestbuy

how long take to you received your order???

i'm really scare becouse i'm dont have a lot of money
and i dont want to think that was a scam

my total order was 145 $
venezolanguy is offline Find More Posts by venezolanguy
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:36 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
From reading the Engrish on the web site, I seriously doubt that they are based in the US. I am going to call them about something later tonight and I'll let you know what it sounds like... they have weird phone hours, which suggests that they either have a different 'day job' or they are in some far-off place.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 18, 2007, 10:00 PM
Wind blows
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2007
2,896 Posts
Their website is registered in California but everything else including billing is in China.

If that matters at all. It's possible their front end is in the U.S. with actual distribution done from China.
Laggard is offline Find More Posts by Laggard
Old Sep 18, 2007, 11:22 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggard
Their website is registered in California but everything else including billing is in China.

If that matters at all. It's possible their front end is in the U.S. with actual distribution done from China.
Right that's what I meant. It doesn't mean anything bad though. I've ordered plenty of stuff from China and as long as you don't put it in your mouth... I think it's OK
Old Sep 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
BFMAC Founding Member
Joined Mar 2003
1,249 Posts
Well, out of curiosity I checked their site. Spotted Mini Pixie 2-chanel (sic) helicopter, an obvious clone of the Air Hogs Havoc, for 'only' $59. That's what I paid for 3 ea. of the real deal at COSTCO. Guess my curiosity won't extend to actually sending an order to UCE and waiting to see what happens.

Abel
abel pranger is offline Find More Posts by abel pranger
Old Sep 19, 2007, 08:56 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abel pranger
Well, out of curiosity I checked their site. Spotted Mini Pixie 2-chanel (sic) helicopter, an obvious clone of the Air Hogs Havoc, for 'only' $59. That's what I paid for 3 ea. of the real deal at COSTCO. Guess my curiosity won't extend to actually sending an order to UCE and waiting to see what happens.

Abel
Yeah I decided not to order from them too. Hobby-Lobby had a higher price but included so much better stuff...