HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2006, 09:18 PM
Greer South Carolina (near the BMW Plant)
Joined Jul 2002
129 Posts
Build Log
MicroDAN BlueSkies 2510 AP Platform

Hello Fellow Ezoners,

Over the last few years I have been inspired by your AP airplanes and photos to build my own AP plane. With the help of my life long friend MicroDan we started on our airplane about to 2 years ago. Danny's talent is that he can create about any part I draw for him. He has a fully tooled CNC machine shop in his basement. We started with the first part being a CNC machined servo mount (1.5 grams each). While using these for servo mounts we realized that they could be used to attach most all the components onto the fuselage. The main goal was to make the plane as light and powerful as possible. The plane ready to fly with downlink and FMA Co-pilot only weights 28 ounces. We saved weight in as many places as possible. The custom built motor has a carbon fiber shaft, alumminum button head screws used to assemble the plane. The plane has a tilting platform for rotating the camera angle. It has a carbon fiber shaft that I can pull out to remove and rotate the platform and all the related electronics to the other side for different shooting conditions. I will add more photos in the future and talk about the downlink backpack I built to go with this plane.

Regards,

MircoMan
MICROMAN is offline Find More Posts by MICROMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2006, 10:48 PM
Greenville, SC
Joined Nov 2004
318 Posts
Very nice looking kit & parts. Looks like you have a very functional AP plane there with a nice 7900 to boot.

Let me know if you ever want to get together & do a little flying. It looks like we share quite a few interests (RC planes, AP, machining & nice little brushless motors (I'm a big MicroDan motor fan too)).

I'm about 10 minutes from you in Greenville.

Take care,
Brian
buildscapeinc is offline Find More Posts by buildscapeinc
Old Sep 05, 2006, 11:06 PM
Cape Cod, MA
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Great looking work.

I would kill for those round boom mounting points that you guys made. Those would make using carbon arrow shafts a bit more practical.
aceldama is offline Find More Posts by aceldama