HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2006, 03:30 AM
All bozos on this bus
Glens Falls, New York, United States
Joined Apr 2001
119 Posts
Discussion
3 or 4 channels for beginner

Which would you recommend to beginner using a trainer cord setup and experienced instructor? I learned with a 4 channel this way and feel not having to transition to two sticks for primary flight controls was a definite plus. Your thoughts?

Sam
mudhead is offline Find More Posts by mudhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2006, 07:52 AM
Fleetwood, Northern England
Joined Jun 2006
303 Posts
Personally I'd always recommend 4 channels assuming that the aircraft is still of a reasonably stable design. The rudder can always be 'ignored' at first anyway.
northernmonkey is offline Find More Posts by northernmonkey
Old Sep 05, 2006, 08:43 AM
Just call me .... Bill
Greenville/Anderson area of SC
Joined Dec 2005
738 Posts
All things being equal, and since you have the opportunity of flying on a buddy box, I would go to the 4 channel right off. The real beginner type planes such as the Multiplex EasyStar are made primarily for a beginner who is doing this on his own or without the aid of a buddy box.

You have an advantage over a lot of new fliers with an instructor and buddy system. IMO - the 4 channel.
Solid Hit is offline Find More Posts by Solid Hit
Old Sep 05, 2006, 09:11 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Hit
All things being equal, and since you have the opportunity of flying on a buddy box, I would go to the 4 channel right off. The real beginner type planes such as the Multiplex EasyStar are made primarily for a beginner who is doing this on his own or without the aid of a buddy box.

You have an advantage over a lot of new fliers with an instructor and buddy system. IMO - the 4 channel.
I agree.
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Sep 05, 2006, 04:27 PM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
I started with 4 channels and never looked back, I was doing circuits on almost my first flight{first did glides and didnt crash}. I did practice alot on flight simulator 2002, just used a joystick and put myself in the tower veiw. Now I fly 3d, and am sure I made the right decisions to get into the hobby.
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Sep 06, 2006, 06:50 AM
All bozos on this bus
Joined Apr 2001
119 Posts
Thanks for the replys. I had pretty much made up my mind to go with 4.How nice is it to have a wife who wants to learn and a great club field 10 min. away? Thank you kindly.

Sam
Old Sep 06, 2006, 09:14 AM
uhhh....this thing on?
Long Island, NY USA
Joined May 2005
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhead
Thanks for the replys. I had pretty much made up my mind to go with 4.How nice is it to have a wife who wants to learn and a great club field 10 min. away? Thank you kindly.

Sam
YOU Suck !!!
skyking1231 is offline Find More Posts by skyking1231
Old Sep 06, 2006, 06:48 PM
Smashes Things
Montpelier, VA
Joined Feb 2005
2,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking1231
YOU Suck !!!
My thought exactly

Can I be him? Please?

Typ
RCTyp is offline Find More Posts by RCTyp
Old Sep 08, 2006, 09:10 AM
All bozos on this bus
Joined Apr 2001
119 Posts
thanks for the advise all. Hey I can't help it that I live in RC Heaven.On the flip side, no hobby shops for miles around. Oh well I guess I'll get by.

Sam