HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2006, 09:17 PM
just look at it smokin'
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
Cool
New Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Recharges in Only One Minute

Very interesting, test battery lost 1% capacity after 1000 charge/discharge cycles at 50C
http://www.toshiba.co.jp/about/press/2005_03/pr2901.htm
source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_polymer
z-matrix is offline Find More Posts by z-matrix
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2006, 10:16 PM
just wing it
Foresthill, California
Joined Jul 2004
698 Posts
Article is over a year old. Are they still not released?
Flappy is offline Find More Posts by Flappy
Old Sep 04, 2006, 10:22 PM
Hotep
UK
Joined Dec 2005
2,395 Posts
1 min, W0W.

Would also like to hear updated info.
ShuNut is offline Find More Posts by ShuNut
Old Sep 04, 2006, 10:27 PM
Average User
Bakersfield, California
Joined Aug 2003
1,726 Posts
That would be 60C, right? So a 3s 2000mAh cell would be charging at 120A and about 1500 watts!! That would have to be one monster charger!
M Ashmore is offline Find More Posts by M Ashmore
Old Sep 04, 2006, 11:59 PM
just wing it
Foresthill, California
Joined Jul 2004
698 Posts
It says 50C. 80% in one minute.
Flappy is offline Find More Posts by Flappy
Old Feb 12, 2010, 06:46 AM
just look at it smokin'
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
its 2010 now and i dont see toshiba's new battery technology spread worldwide ...
z-matrix is offline Find More Posts by z-matrix
Old Feb 12, 2010, 06:51 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,734 Posts
They are great. I use a 1Ah one in a 57" 3D plane and only land when I get tired of flying. During a flight I fly over an inductance charging pad(grid) which gives it a boost charge and it is like the Bunny,it just keeps going and going and going. Only problem is I had to put a battery full indicator one the plane because if I happen to hover over the grid for more than 10 seconds or so the battery will get over full and then I have to land and clean out the extra electrons to keep them from making a mess.

Charles

everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Feb 12, 2010, 09:21 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,891 Posts
Quote:
I have to land and clean out the extra electrons to keep them from making a mess.
I hate it when that happens. It often will cause wrinkles in the covering as well
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:37 AM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
They are great. I use a 1Ah one in a 57" 3D plane and only land when I get tired of flying. During a flight I fly over an inductance charging pad(grid) which gives it a boost charge and it is like the Bunny,it just keeps going and going and going. Only problem is I had to put a battery full indicator one the plane because if I happen to hover over the grid for more than 10 seconds or so the battery will get over full and then I have to land and clean out the extra electrons to keep them from making a mess.

Charles

Hey; it is not yet April Fool's day!

April fool's day is still a couple months away.
Rodney is offline Find More Posts by Rodney
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:46 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,734 Posts
Honest engine, I am a beater tester for them. They are better than you can image even if you use a real camel not one of those talk on kind.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:54 AM
AMA 951 since 1958
USA, FL, Newberry
Joined Nov 2000
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post

Charles

I'm testing them also . . . Charles, you forgot to mention one important caveat. You have to fly over the inductance charging grid in only one direction every time. Otherwise if you go in alternate directions it will discharge the battery rather than charge it. I think in the production version of the charging grid they will incorporate a diode to prevent this. Don't forget our reviews of these are due 4/1/10.
Red Scholefield is offline Find More Posts by Red Scholefield
Old Feb 13, 2010, 01:53 PM
Joined Feb 2007
1,278 Posts
A123 cells are way better. Just do a search here on rcgroups and you will find all the wonderful colored pictures with lines and curves showing you how great they are.
Carlyle Harper is offline Find More Posts by Carlyle Harper
Old Feb 13, 2010, 02:27 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,020 Posts
And whatever you do, DO NOT run over the charging grid! You do NOT want to know what happens when you try to charge your...family jewels!
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy