HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2006, 11:19 PM
Reston, VA
Joined Feb 2002
1,013 Posts
Discussion
Setting up the Spektrum DX6 for Throttle Hold (Heli)

Iíve been using the Spektrum DX6 with both my TREX 450XL and my MaxIR, with some good luck.

However, Iíve run into something funny, or perhaps just my inexperience with Helis. Iím looking to mix Throttle Hold on my MaxIR, or holding the throttle at a specific position and mixing in a pitch and throttle curve for Throttle Hold as well.

While I can set the Pitch Curve for Hold (if hold is activated), I canít get to the Throttle Curve settings for Throttle Hold, even though the manual states that they will show up ďwhen the hold function is activated (page 8),Ē which it is. I can set Pitch for Hold, as I stated.

Iím assuming the manual is incorrect, and there is no need to set a Throttle Curve when using Throttle Hold.

Also, whatís a good setting for Stunt Mode + or Ė Normal mode? And I assume when you switch to stunt mode you should cycle the ESC to reestablish neutral, correct?
HavingFun2002 is offline Find More Posts by HavingFun2002
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2006, 12:07 AM
Redwood City CA USA
Joined Aug 2000
63 Posts
Throttle hold will set the throttle to a fixed position. Use the HLD function to set this. For an electric, you'd set it to 0, for a combustion engine, set HLD to idle. If you are learning to auto, you can set the hold throttle somewhat higher to set a limit on how low the rotor speed can get.

You switch to stunt mode while flying. The main purpose of stunt mode is to keep power going to the rotor when the main blades are at negative pitch. While in stunt mode the throttle signal to the ESC will never be 0 since you alway want power going to the rotor, no matter what the collective pitch is. To land, you need to switch back to normal mode.
Phil Cole is offline Find More Posts by Phil Cole
Old Sep 03, 2006, 01:00 AM
Reston, VA
Joined Feb 2002
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Cole
Throttle hold will set the throttle to a fixed position. Use the HLD function to set this. For an electric, you'd set it to 0, for a combustion engine, set HLD to idle. If you are learning to auto, you can set the hold throttle somewhat higher to set a limit on how low the rotor speed can get.

You switch to stunt mode while flying. The main purpose of stunt mode is to keep power going to the rotor when the main blades are at negative pitch. While in stunt mode the throttle signal to the ESC will never be 0 since you alway want power going to the rotor, no matter what the collective pitch is. To land, you need to switch back to normal mode.

Thanks. What's a good setting for stunt mode relative to normal mode?
HavingFun2002 is offline Find More Posts by HavingFun2002