HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2006, 04:46 PM
MG ZS180 proud owner
Balaguer in Lérida - Spain
Joined Jul 2005
569 Posts
Al great idea that of fitting some retaining rubber stuff on clevisses...mmmm...I'll do it just in case....completion who knows...just started this eve and I'm waiting on some Esprit Model stuff like the motor mount and rx batt switch with charge indicator led, it should take a week to arrive and motor+esc should show up on monday or tuesday...so I guess if Esprit's stuff arrives late next week I could try and fly it on sunday morning...only thinking about it scares me to death at the very moment.

Anyway no pain no gain, isn't it ???

Pics of tail and elevator in servo tray...now let's get into aileron and flaps servos.

Alex
Alex B is offline Find More Posts by Alex B
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2006, 07:04 PM
MG ZS180 proud owner
Joined Jul 2005
569 Posts
Well here's 3 pics showing the aluminium spar that will hold wings together and 2 for overall bird size reference.

It really is impressive with those massive fat wings...beautifull plane.

Alex
Old Sep 08, 2006, 09:47 AM
MG ZS180 proud owner
Joined Jul 2005
569 Posts
Wing holes for aileron and flap servos and retracts location. There's a thread in each wing to ease servo wire enrouting through the wing.

Alex
Old Sep 09, 2006, 12:19 PM
MG ZS180 proud owner
Joined Jul 2005
569 Posts
Few progress since last post, now working on it again...some pics of servo supressor, and aileron and flap installation.

One question though I've got this plastic sheet with wheel wells on it and some air intake ??? but no information on instructions regarding these bits...any idea where to fit them ?

Thanks,

Alex
Old Sep 09, 2006, 12:28 PM
<- Balsa flies better ->
Gustafs, Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
1,965 Posts
Aren't they to be put in the wheel well so it looks nice when landing gear is out ?

//Peter
wolw is offline Find More Posts by wolw
Old Sep 09, 2006, 12:35 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
1. I am suprised that this ARF did not come with Aileron wing Servo covers
2. Did not come with better instructions.

The Wheel wells are part of that Plastic Sheeting....perhaps you need to cut them out carefully and trim and install inside the wheel wells of your retracted gear.

I tried to make a search for your model and the only one that came up was this:

http://www.modelflight.com.au/manual...P47_Manual.pdf
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Sep 09, 2006, 12:43 PM
MG ZS180 proud owner
Joined Jul 2005
569 Posts
Could well be for that but I find them rather huge at the upper end ???

Thanks Peter,

Alex
Old Sep 09, 2006, 12:46 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex B
Could well be for that but I find them rather huge at the upper end ???

Thanks Peter,

Alex
No sweat.......I would paint the inside of the wheel well if it is going to be a science project dealing with that plastic parts sheet. I would use acrlyic paint that matches the exterior.
Old Sep 09, 2006, 02:03 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
Looking at the wing, it looks like everything will look good without the plastic wheel well covers. It's a project to remove the wheel well covers if you have to work on the retract mechanism.

I don't know if it's right or wrong, but, whenever wood is exposed, like inside the wheel wells, I coat the wood with CR. It makes it harder and less likely to break. Then paint it to match the plane, it will look good that way. Besides, looking back in memory, I don't think full size WWII planes have wheel well covers, the gear doors cover most of the hole.

Al
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Sep 09, 2006, 02:35 PM
MG ZS180 proud owner
Joined Jul 2005
569 Posts
Carlos thanks for the link to Hangar 9 P47...the wheel wells are small and angular...so the pieces on my plastic sheet must be..

Al these retracts well covers which are much like the ones on the AT6 Texan are not a problem to fit as you'll see in the pic attached...although yes they'll make impossible a future inspection on piano wires if something goes wrong...but the finish look is nice.

Carlos the other bits should be the wheel well covers but they're huge..so I suppose they're provided for modeller to trim out ?

And yes there's wing servo covers

Alex
Last edited by Alex B; Sep 10, 2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:20 AM
MG ZS180 proud owner
Joined Jul 2005
569 Posts
Wheel well are a bit out of shape comapred to scale plane so I've got 2 opitons...built a new set from scratch using balsa or whatever I have handy...or trim the plastic bits to shape.

Alex
Old Sep 11, 2006, 04:24 PM
MG ZS180 proud owner
Joined Jul 2005
569 Posts
Well this is what I've come up with so far to make it look more scale like not 100% scale but much better than the plastic supplied...I think ???!!!

Alex
Old Sep 11, 2006, 05:14 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
That looks better. Just make sure you secure them well. I've had the gear doors shift around in flight and keep the landing gear from locking in place.
thunder1 is online now Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:58 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Those Wheel skirts are very scale looking.....good job Alex!
Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:34 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
Hey Alex, nice job. However I would still get rid of the plastic.

Al
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN