HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 22, 2007, 06:23 AM
Sky shepherd
UH-1H's Avatar
Singapore
Joined Dec 2005
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk
Those decals suck!

After all of the "what decals should we give you?" All they put in the kit is that. What a waste of time.
I felt the same way too
UH-1H is offline Find More Posts by UH-1H
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
mark
blue mountains
Joined Sep 2006
1,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH-1H
I felt the same way too

me too

next you are going to tell that there are no pilots for the kit either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really how hard is to make a few different decal's????????????????
taxdodger is offline Find More Posts by taxdodger
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 09:23 AM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxdodger

really how hard is to make a few different decal's????????????????
That's one of the many reasons for the budget price.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:01 PM
A-4 nut!!
skyhawk's Avatar
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,665 Posts
pics and notes:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776305
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 08:26 PM
Sky shepherd
UH-1H's Avatar
Singapore
Joined Dec 2005
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxdodger
me too

next you are going to tell that there are no pilots for the kit either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really how hard is to make a few different decal's????????????????
Yup, theres no pilot, no drop tanks and no bombs. Looks like i might have to look for the depron option. But BartDude and Me are glassing the bird, i still wonder how much it will effect the performance
UH-1H is offline Find More Posts by UH-1H
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:18 PM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS4CEO's Avatar
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
What we had shipped the EDF75 BL2815 within the GWS A4 kit is the same motor that GWS RD had tested and flown in the past months.

Every time take off from the ground, not by hand lunch!

There will be no reason what we can fly will unable to be flown by you!?
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:55 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2007
384 Posts
Well I got my A4 yesterday. This will be my first EDF. I think the kit is very nice, Getting the entire thing for $100 shipped is huge. The fit and finish looks very good, and the kit itself looks easy to assemble. I cannot wait to fly this bird! I do have problems with my fan assembly also though. Without even running it up I can tell that my fan will rub on the housing. I'm not even going to attempt to run it up without getting a prop balancer first, it looks like there have been a few issues with that so far. Overall though I think this kit is pretty darn good. I like the size of the A4, though I realize it's probably going to be pretty heavy. I guess I'm not as worried as most are about overall speed of it. Being my first EDF, I think something a little slower and more stable will benefit me in the long run. Good job to GWS for making a great bird for an honest price.

What are some other fan options for us if I wind up having some of the same problems with rubbing? I looked and found a couple 69mm fans. But measuring the fan DIA with my calipers last night it measured over the claimed 70mm
jayxer is offline Find More Posts by jayxer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:07 AM
I need a bigger garage...
ajreynolds's Avatar
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2005
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayxer
Well I got my A4 yesterday. This will be my first EDF. I think the kit is very nice, Getting the entire thing for $100 shipped is huge. The fit and finish looks very good, and the kit itself looks easy to assemble. I cannot wait to fly this bird! I do have problems with my fan assembly also though. Without even running it up I can tell that my fan will rub on the housing. I'm not even going to attempt to run it up without getting a prop balancer first, it looks like there have been a few issues with that so far. Overall though I think this kit is pretty darn good. I like the size of the A4, though I realize it's probably going to be pretty heavy. I guess I'm not as worried as most are about overall speed of it. Being my first EDF, I think something a little slower and more stable will benefit me in the long run. Good job to GWS for making a great bird for an honest price.

What are some other fan options for us if I wind up having some of the same problems with rubbing? I looked and found a couple 69mm fans. But measuring the fan DIA with my calipers last night it measured over the claimed 70mm
The fan is supposed to be 75mm, not 70. Check out the sticky thread here in the GWS forum and also the A-4 thread in the Foamy EDF forum. Those are the two active threads on this plane and have lots of info so far.

Andy
ajreynolds is offline Find More Posts by ajreynolds
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 05:03 AM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS4CEO's Avatar
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajreynolds
The fan is supposed to be 75mm, not 70. Check out the sticky thread here in the GWS forum and also the A-4 thread in the Foamy EDF forum. Those are the two active threads on this plane and have lots of info so far.

Andy
With GWS EDF75 plus BL2815 that you can take off from ground!

However, you need a good Li-Po which able to give enough current.

A 2200mAh 3 cells 20~25C will be a good match.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 09:12 PM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS4CEO's Avatar
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
I like to tell you how GWS EDF75 recently had tested with proto type brushless outrunner motor to get such result:

EDF75 4 blades: 1728g at 5 cells 81A ( 1498W ) 3260KV
EDF75 4 blades: 1180g at 4 cells 50.2A ( 743W ) KV=?


Any one here may be even already got better test datas?

Hope this increasing of speed and thrust will bring GWS EDF75 powered models up grade their performance a lot!

However, need to be careful not to bent the wings!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Jan 24, 2011 at 09:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 09:43 PM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS4CEO's Avatar
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Some of the old test datas that measured by using GWS BL22xx out runner BL motors during 2007 summer for your reference. However, I feel that were not good enough at that time.

Volt Amp TRUST=g RPM Watts g/Watts
2208/24T 3606kv
7 13.45 235 20575 94.15 2.496017
10.5 24.06 405 28400 252.63 1.603135
11.1 26.26 445 29525 291.486 1.52666
14V 35.87A 635g 34475RPM 502.18W 1.264487g/W

2208/20T 4273kv
7 18.8 280 22825 131.6 2.12766
10.5 33.58 520 30775 352.59 1.474801
11.1 36 560 31825 399.6 1.401401

2213/14T 3606kv
7 15.41 323 21725 107.87 2.994345
10.5 27.99 465 30325 293.895 1.582198
11.1 30.95 525 31425 343.545 1.528184
14 42.35 755 37725 592.9 1.273402

2213/12T 4273kv
7 19.39 320 23650 135.73 2.357622
10.5 35.39 590 32950 371.595 1.58775
11.1 38.74 650 34475 430.014 1.511579

2216/12T 3322kv
7 13.85 235 20675 96.95 2.42393
10.5 24.95 400 29625 261.975 1.526863
11.1 27.09 505 30950 300.699 1.67942
14 37.61 715 37525 526.54 1.357922

2216/10T 3872kv
7 18.39 295 23250 128.73 2.291618
10.5 33.91 590 32675 356.055 1.657047
11.1 36.97 650 34150 410.367 1.583948

2216/8T 4706kv
7 27.69 380 26375 193.83 1.960481
10.5 49.01 725 36025 514.605 1.408848
11.1 52.7 785 37925 584.97 1.341949

2221/8T 3596kv
7 16.67 285 22025 116.69 2.442369
10.5 29.94 495 31475 314.37 1.574578
11.1 32.85 615 33100 364.635 1.686618
14 45.68 820 39900 639.52 1.282212

2221/6T 4440kv
7 26.67 375 25900 186.69 2.008677
10.5 47.86 690 35825 502.53 1.373052
11.1 51.58 750 37575 572.538 1.309957
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools