SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
 
Thread Tools
Old Aug 30, 2006, 06:11 PM
maineac58@adelphia.net
Guest
n/a Posts
P2V Neptune Plans

As a former Navy Aircrew member, I would like to make a scale model of
the P2V Neptune. Does anyone know of a ny plans available??

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com
Old Aug 30, 2006, 08:11 PM
rich
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: P2V Neptune Plans

Hi,

Got some gold wings I earned in the Neptune too. And yes, one day
I will be doing that project. Anyway, I got a set of plans from a
fellow at an annual squadron reunion. They are packed away right now
for a move, so not easy to locate. Also, last month's issue of the AMA
mag had a photo and some verbage about a guy near Whidbey Island that
built a larger ( maybe 6 foot???) model. That was a P2V-7 from VP69.

So, plans are available, and it might be worth looking at the back
issues of the AMA mag. There may have been a contact e-mail.

Good Luck with your project!

CWO-4 Rich....

maineac58@adelphia.net wrote:
> As a former Navy Aircrew member, I would like to make a scale model of
> the P2V Neptune. Does anyone know of a ny plans available??
>
> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.usenet.com


Old Sep 01, 2006, 04:11 PM
byrocat
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: P2V Neptune Plans

Try "Bob Banka's Scale Model Research" (say that five times quickly...)

If it's commercially avaialble, he's probably got it.

Alternate would be www.airwar.ru. Amazing what that guys got tucked
away. Downside is that the scans are not top quality.

Old Sep 01, 2006, 04:11 PM
byrocat
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: P2V Neptune Plans


byrocat wrote:
> Try "Bob Banka's Scale Model Research" (say that five times quickly...)
>
> If it's commercially avaialble, he's probably got it.
>
> Alternate would be www.airwar.ru. Amazing what that guys got tucked
> away. Downside is that the scans are not top quality.


http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/neptun.html

Old Sep 08, 2006, 12:01 PM
Registered User
Bellevue, WA USA
Joined Oct 2000
192 Posts
Plans for P2V-7 Model

Hello!

I built a 1/12th-scale model of the P2V-7; I think a photo and some details were in a recent issue of the AMA magazine. I can send you a short descritption of the model, and a few photos if you're interested. As far as I know, there are no 'commercial' plans for a scale/RC version of the aircraft; however, I haven't searched recently, so perhaps some have finally become available.

Regards,

David Plummer
David F. Plummer is offline Find More Posts by David F. Plummer
Old Sep 08, 2006, 02:11 PM
Bill Fulmer
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: P2V Neptune Plans

And I did a set of graphics for David's P2V-7... Sitll have them on file...

Cheers,

Bill
www.customcutgrafix.com


"David F. Plummer" <David.F.Plummer.2dtssb@rcgroups.com> wrote in message
newsavid.F.Plummer.2dtssb@rcgroups.com...
>
> Hello!
>
> I built a 1/12th-scale model of the P2V-7; I think a photo and some
> details were in a recent issue of the AMA magazine. I can send you a
> short descritption of the model, and a few photos if you're interested.
> As far as I know, there are no 'commercial' plans for a scale/RC
> version of the aircraft; however, I haven't searched recently, so
> perhaps some have finally become available.
>
> Regards,
>
> David Plummer
>
>
> --
> David F. Plummer
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> David F. Plummer's Profile:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=1870
> View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563546
>



Old Sep 08, 2006, 08:11 PM
Geoff Sanders
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: P2V Neptune Plans

While it won't help with plans directly, you can probably contact
someone at

> http://www.p2vneptune.com/ and get gobs of information, then do your
> own plans.





Old Sep 14, 2006, 01:05 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2006
2 Posts
P2V Neptune plans

Check out this web site. The third notice down has P2V control line plans. Not very big but looks workable to me.

http://www.vpnavy.org/aircraft_p2_notice.htmlme.

Scale them up and go flying!

Good luck
vp42crew9 is offline Find More Posts by vp42crew9
Old Sep 14, 2006, 01:10 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2006
2 Posts
P2V Neptune plans

Sorry about the bad link. This is the correct address:

http://www.vpnavy.org/aircraft_p2_notice.html

Kind regards,

vp42crew9
vp42crew9 is offline Find More Posts by vp42crew9
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:38 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
If anyone is still looking, I found a great set of plans for the Neptune and a kit cutter that cuts the short kit.
bearcat3862 is offline Find More Posts by bearcat3862
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:42 AM
Registered User
N1EDM's Avatar
Brockton, MA
Joined Nov 2003
355 Posts
Hi Bearcat,

I have a set of Neptune plans from MA. Are these the same plans that you found, or do you have different ones?

Also, what information do you have for a kit cutter?

Like some of you, I'm also a VP Sailor. Most of my time is in P-3's though. They were just getting rid of the Neptunes when I joined so I never had a ride in one, though I do have a soft spot. for it. I sat SS1.

I also have several photos of a P-2V5 that is being restored in Long Island at Floyd Bennet Field, if that is of interest to anyone.

Bob
N1EDM is offline Find More Posts by N1EDM
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
I have Plans for a P2V7 104" WS about 98" long Plans are from scalercmodels.com I'm looking for a kit cutter?? I also was a crew member VP1 crew 4,7,1 1967-1970
KY4ANN is offline Find More Posts by KY4ANN
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
N1EDM's Avatar
Brockton, MA
Joined Nov 2003
355 Posts
Hello Bill Fulmer,
Were those graphics that you have for the P-2V for the model that was in Model Aviation a few years ago, or was it another model?

Thanks,

Bob
N1EDM is offline Find More Posts by N1EDM
 


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Lockheed P2V Neptune jaywebguy Electric Warbirds 2 Dec 23, 2011 12:44 AM