HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:40 AM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,460 Posts
Luke

You do quality work, Cant waight for some flight reports.

Still waiting for Neu to get my motor back to me,

Haave you got a motor yer?

Hacker has some new ones that look very good. 3000 watts on 10s

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:58 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,241 Posts
Yeah I have a Motrolfly 5320-260kv. It should be capable of 3000w+ on 10s spinning a 20x10/11. Of course it's not really designed for that much power so will have to see how it goes long term. If it gets too hot i've also got a Torque F3a Silver Bullet I picked up in the classifieds coming that's 220kv so should probably produce a bit less power on 10s but should be able to spin a 20x13 comfortably.
luke352 is online now Find More Posts by luke352
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:03 AM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,241 Posts
The covering starts!

As far construction work goes I still need to cut out the cockpit area and glass the cowl. Of course there are other little bits and pieces to be done but they'll get done as I go.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:14 AM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,460 Posts
Good to see it moveinng along.

Talked with Kerry need to get himm to post the pictures from AJ flying.

Dennis
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:14 AM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,241 Posts
Yeah would be great to see some pics of AJ giving it a flight.

Got the second lower wing up to the same stage tonight as the first.

Had some important parts show up today! Six Hyperion DH16 FMD servo's these are HV servo's as I'm planning to run two Life packs without regulation. Another package was a Power HD 1212TH servo HV again with very impressive specs @ 7.4v 14kg and .10 sec 60deg and from all reports they meet their specs very closely. Also had the Dubro Heavy Duty Pull-Pull setup show up.

I already have some 1" alloy servo arms and a tiller arm for the rudder setup to take the load of the servo output shaft.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 01:28 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,460 Posts
Not sure you need the tiller arm but it can nothurt.

I recieved notification the my new Nue is ready to ship, I want to get mine back in the air.

Dennis
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:14 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
Not sure you need the tiller arm but it can nothurt.

I recieved notification the my new Nue is ready to ship, I want to get mine back in the air.

Dennis
I'm still undecided if I'll use it or not. Guess it comes down to how much room i'll have to mount it up etc.. I was putting together an order from HK and they were cheap enough so I grabbed one whilst I was at it.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:43 PM
more power=almost enough
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Sep 2003
497 Posts
Luke, your plane is coming along nicely. It seems that you may have your plane in the air before I get the photos so AJ flying mine.
Yes I am also waiting to see those photos of AJ flying the Pitts. The guy that took all the photos sent me a bunch of the pattern flying event, but they were all of pattern planes. I emailed him yesterday and let him know there were not any Python photos in what he sent me. I promise I will put the photos up as soon as I get them.
Kerry
JetTech is offline Find More Posts by JetTech
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,241 Posts
I have done some more covering since my previous pic. All the wings are at essentially the same point. But I work pretty slowly whilst covering so will be a pretty drawn out process.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:52 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,241 Posts
Wings completed! Just cleaning up some parts on the ailerons and then i'll start covering them.

I've decided not to try and directly replicate N177AD and rather just use it as inspiration for my covering scheme as you'll note i've put a blue LE on the lower wing whereas the real thing does not have this blue LE on the lower wing.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:22 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,241 Posts
Oops! Wings aren't really completed I need to put some small blue squares on the tips to make a chequer pattern. I managed to get the white tips done on the ailerons but not the red yet, hopefully i'll get started on the red tonight.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:08 PM
more power=almost enough
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Sep 2003
497 Posts
OK, finally got the photos of Andrew Jesky flying the Pitts. There are photos of knife edge fly-bys, slow harrier passes, hovering, and landing. He also did inverted flat spins, big huge loops, rolls and other patern stuff. Keep in mind the wind was constant 10-15 mph with gust to 20-25 mph. The last one is of Andrew and me. After the flight he did a few tweeks to my radio set-up.

If you happen to read this thread Andrew, I just want to thank you for taking the time to help me out with my set-up and for flying my plane to see what it is really capable of doing.... THANKS!!

Kerry
JetTech is offline Find More Posts by JetTech
Last edited by JetTech; Jul 29, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:41 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,241 Posts
Some great shots there!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:43 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,460 Posts
Some good looking photos there!! And I still like your color scheme.

Get busy Luke

Dennis