SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 02, 2010, 12:07 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Well it looks like the expiration date on this one was just over 1 year.
Flying yesterday and it started to pitch wildly, no controll and final pitch to straight down. It looks like a bag of balsa bits from the canopy forward, damage to all wings. I put it up and will look at it later to see if a repair is possible. for now it is retired.

after checking every thing out, it was a broken wire at the solder joint of the bec to the deans connector for the battery. the wire broken inside the insulation about 1/4 inch from the deans solder tab. it looked good untill we pulled hard on the wire, then you could feel the wire slipping through the insulation. Not sure how you pre flight for that.

It flew so well that I will build another. probably be a winter project.

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2010, 03:48 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,343 Posts
Sorry to hear. Yeah it would be hard to preflight that.

Hey you want my unfinished kit? Shipping the fuse wil be expensive but you know how to finish it. I'll be offline til Tues.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Oct 02, 2010, 03:54 PM
more power=almost enough
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Sep 2003
497 Posts
Well, I finally went flying again today. The last time I flew was when you were here the end of June, Dennis. It was nice to get the UNB back in the air. I had forgotten how nice that plane flys. I hope to get out more often now that the weather has tempered off a bit. The next thing you know I will be complaining about how cold it is. Oh well, was great to fly today.
Feather, you really should finish yours. I think you will be pleasently surprised at how nice it flys, much different than your other model 12.
Kerry
JetTech is offline Find More Posts by JetTech
Old Oct 03, 2010, 05:58 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,343 Posts
Yeah but I have too many planes as it is. The 72" 50cc M12 has an interesting characteristic in KE. At WOT if you keep adding rudder it climbs then a touch of down till cause it to start outside snaps. I think 2 is the minimum it will do. Don't try this low.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Jan 08, 2011, 09:57 AM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
I have a new source for laser cutting and I just got my new kit from Bob Holman, opened the box and everything is looking good.

Cleared off the work bench and sorting thing out so that I can start the new build.

I have really been missing this airplane, it was just so fun to fly and dramatic in the air.

Dennis
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:44 PM
more power=almost enough
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Sep 2003
497 Posts
So Dennis, what is the update on the new build? How far off until the maden flight?

Kerry
Old Mar 04, 2011, 02:26 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
I have ben working on this and it is close to covering, finale sanding and I want to mount the motor before covering. a few bits of filler and I can start to cover.

I have not been spending a lot of time on the build but again am impressed at how fast it goes togeather.

Dennis
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:39 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Ready to cove, everything is sanded and ready to go.

The cowl looks so good I wish I did not have to cover it.

Dennis
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:44 PM
Joined Aug 2004
976 Posts
Cowling looks good Dennis. Did you make any changes to this new one compared to the last one you built.
tho98027 is offline Find More Posts by tho98027
Old Mar 19, 2011, 01:00 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Exactly the same plane, I just found a new laser cutter, He did a very good job.

Any body interested in a kit let me know, Can do short or full kit,less hardware.

Tho

Have you been doing much flying latley? and what do you have in the hanger now?

Dennis
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:51 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Just getting the covering started, Out of blue and yellow so I need a trip to the hobby store.

Dennis
Old Mar 27, 2011, 02:05 PM
Joined Aug 2004
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
Tho

Have you been doing much flying latley? and what do you have in the hanger now?

Dennis
Lookn good Dennis. I really haven't been flying that much. The weather has been nothing but wind and rain. I am ready for some good weather. Right now i have two 87's and a 72 extra. dreaming of a 119 or a 104.
tho98027 is offline Find More Posts by tho98027
Old Mar 27, 2011, 06:10 PM
more power=almost enough
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Sep 2003
497 Posts
Looking good Dennis.
Yea I'm with tho.... ready for some good flying weather. Heck I take even some half-way good flying weather. I have been flying my new Super Zoom XL a bit hear and there, but I really cant get it dialed in until I get a non-windy day with it.

Kerry
Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:02 PM
Prunner
Auburn, KS
Joined Oct 2008
829 Posts
Subd-Very nice Dennis
prunner is offline Find More Posts by prunner
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:12 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Thanks

Flying weather? What is that.

We have 780" of snow on the mountains and snow in the yard and snow deeper than my 4 Runner just 5 minutes up the road. It has been raining and snowing for two weeks. I live in sunny CA!!

It is supooosed to be sunny for a few days so may get out and fly the 72" extra.

Our local hobby store closed so it is a 40 mile drive to get the rest of the Ultra Cote

Dennis