HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:46 AM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Feather

Sorry I was off the net. the bottom of F2b will be cut off for the wing, when you instal the lower fuslage doubler if be obvious wher to cut it off.

I will send you a parts list and a list of the corrections that Kerry discovered during his build.

Still a bit to do on the manual, but should be done with the finale version soon. + 1/2 size plans.

I am mostly on the net at the office, so if I miss a post and you need a question answered call me at 530/913-6821

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2010, 06:39 PM
more power=almost enough
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Sep 2003
507 Posts
Flew again today, that gives me 3 flights of 10 min each. Today I did a tail slide that looked like it slid 20' before the nose broke straight over the gear. It looked way cool!. Also worked the knife edge coupling out, almost have that dialed in.
Finished painting my wheel pants,will install them tomorrow, that dresses it up nicely. Still waiting for ok from the wife to order my graphics package.
Landings are a breeze, it settles in so nice and makes me look better than I am.
Still planning on getting some photos and video this weekend.
I am loving this plane.
Kerry
JetTech is online now Find More Posts by JetTech
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:10 PM
more power=almost enough
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Sep 2003
507 Posts
Sunny flying day

Had a fun afternoon today flying with my nephew, Chris. Wish I had as much nerve and control as he does, oh well maybe someday. The important thing is I am having fun... right?
Having only one set of batteries for this plane sucks. Especially when it takes me so long to get them charged back up. I am still using the Astro 109 and using a 5s and 4s to get my 9s set-up and can only charge one battery at a time. Poor me............
Anyway had a great time and will be back out tomorrow. Here are a couple flying photos.
Kerry
Old Mar 20, 2010, 01:33 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Great colors in the air and looks good!!

Will look even better with the graphics.

Dennis
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:29 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Looks great!
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:41 AM
more power=almost enough
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Sep 2003
507 Posts
I put my graphics on, it doesn't look so nekked now. Dennis is coming to Idaho Easter weekend, it will be good to see him and also see what my plane can do with his thumbs. It will also give me a chance to get some video.
Here are the photos with the graphics added.
Kerry
Old Mar 24, 2010, 01:59 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,343 Posts
That is super.
Very nice.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Mar 24, 2010, 04:16 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
+1

Looks good,

Feather How is your build comming?

Dennis
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:10 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,343 Posts
Build OK but new 50cc Pitts is here so I have to make some decisions...
Old Apr 02, 2010, 10:40 AM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Heading to Boise to visit family, and get a pull on JetTech plane. He is making me bring my own batteries.

Dennis
Old Apr 03, 2010, 06:13 PM
more power=almost enough
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Sep 2003
507 Posts
Dennis is here in Boise, we went out and flew this morning. It was very windy about 20 mph but had fun anyway. Here are a few photos, more to come.
Old Apr 03, 2010, 09:14 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,343 Posts
Looks great. I can't wait to get mine flying. Peak will come first. Just got my 2 X 2S A123 1,100ma from Brian at Tanic Packs. Will get the controller Mon. Picked up a new Hacker A60 16L yesterday. Lower wings are done work on uppers tonight? Upper servos are programmed. Hitec programmer is a pain but I think I have it whipped. Will use lower wing servos on a Y on the aileron channel and upper wing servos on another Y on the flaperon channel. Aux1 I think.

Had some fun today replacing the camshaft in my old 1989 Minivan. It broke in half after only 187,000 mi. It ran after I finished and there ware no left over parts except the broken cam.
Old Apr 04, 2010, 11:45 AM
more power=almost enough
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Sep 2003
507 Posts
No left over parts? Whats up with that. I thought that was how you get the spare parts for later on. Glad everything went well on the rebuild.
Dennis is here this weekend, we have been out a couple of times flying. It has been a blast. Hoping today to get some video to post. Today looks like a great start of the day for flying,,,,no wind. Whoohoo!!
Kerry
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:41 PM
Joined Aug 2004
976 Posts
Kerry, just thought I'd post this here. Wish I took more pics. It was such a fun Easter weekend. Thanks for letting my fly the unobtanium. Flys so nice!
tho98027 is offline Find More Posts by tho98027
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:17 AM
Flying turns me on!!
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tho98027 View Post
Kerry, just thought I'd post this here. Wish I took more pics. It was such a fun Easter weekend. Thanks for letting my fly the unobtanium. Flys so nice!
Look at all those handsome men! And GREAT looking airplanes. The unobtanium is an awesome plane Kerry.
iloveairplanes is offline Find More Posts by iloveairplanes