HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2006, 02:22 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
665 Posts
Quick battery question with the stock F27c brushless Stryker. Will a 2100 mAh 11.1 15C cont/24c burst (31.5 aA/50A) work besides the stock battery?
skip63 is offline Find More Posts by skip63
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2006, 06:13 PM
My first Build
Vancouver WA
Joined Jul 2006
973 Posts
Yep. i'm using commonsenserc 15C 2100 3s. 2 pack for $129.
radralph is offline Find More Posts by radralph
Old Sep 10, 2006, 08:47 PM
Just here to fly stuff
Everywhere
Joined Dec 2005
421 Posts
Here is a picture of my main landing gear from a request I got. It is not the prettiest set-up, but it is build like a tank. The gear is glued/screwed to balsa pieces, which are glued/nailed to the plane. Also the screw holes were filled with CA to add bite to screws.
My next version will have a better fit and finish.
LeadSled is offline Find More Posts by LeadSled
Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:44 PM
My first Build
Vancouver WA
Joined Jul 2006
973 Posts
That looks like it will also add strength to the part of the fuse that wants to snap out with the motor in a crash.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:11 PM
United States, MO, Sikeston
Joined Oct 2002
193 Posts
Like my F-27 C but kinda disppointed in the top speed. Still love the plane and thinks it's a good buy...but I really think it is missing the 80mph by 15pmh or so. Has anyone tried a different prop or is there a hotter motor that can be doprred in without changing the stock electronics?????thanks
ml0126 is offline Find More Posts by ml0126
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:11 PM
Extreme Hoverer
Omaha, Ne.
Joined Jun 2006
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radralph
That looks like it will also add strength to the part of the fuse that wants to snap out with the motor in a crash.

sadly,it will just bust out a larger area,always did on my B's with lots of tape but that mount sure gives the impression of adding strength,what you don't really ntice in a picture is the area that the motor bolts to and where it attaches to the long flat area of the mount,it's much stronger in that "neck" area,the motor shouldn't torque over nearly as much as they do with the old style mount,or worse yet,break right there where I have broken a couple.
wo23dodge is offline Find More Posts by wo23dodge
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:14 PM
Extreme Hoverer
Omaha, Ne.
Joined Jun 2006
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml0126
Like my F-27 C but kinda disppointed in the top speed. Still love the plane and thinks it's a good buy...but I really think it is missing the 80mph by 15pmh or so. Has anyone tried a different prop or is there a hotter motor that can be doprred in without changing the stock electronics?????thanks

There are people claiming to have gotten their new C's clocked at 84 mph on the flat and level and over a 100 in a dive but I am like you,I think 65 is probably closer.

I'm going to throw a 7x6 on mine and see what that does for it but might not have the results to post for a while,I am about to head out to Lake Powell for about a week and a half.
wo23dodge is offline Find More Posts by wo23dodge
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:28 PM
My first Build
Vancouver WA
Joined Jul 2006
973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wo23dodge
sadly,it will just bust out a larger area,always did on my B's with lots of tape but that mount sure gives the impression of adding strength,what you don't really ntice in a picture is the area that the motor bolts to and where it attaches to the long flat area of the mount,it's much stronger in that "neck" area,the motor shouldn't torque over nearly as much as they do with the old style mount,or worse yet,break right there where I have broken a couple.
I'm not sure I agree because beyond the extra size of the c mount the LG mount is also glued and screwed. When i rebuild my stryker i will be adding CF rods there to help out. i'm using a 2000 kv motor on the b mount now and the deflection from the torque is incredibly bad. The new C mount is on the way as we speak though!!!

Have fun
Old Sep 11, 2006, 09:30 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
665 Posts
Well 3 flights with my New 27C and I'm pretty impressed. I have a couple of the brushed versions and like them all, but the power for an RTF to fly right out of the box is impressive. I like the wheels idea. The bottom of mine is a little beat up after a few landings in the dirt. (no grass here).
Old Sep 11, 2006, 09:42 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by That can fly?!?
I took the blue alluminum air coils of my Blade Cp. It is smaller than the motor on my F-27C, but if you snap it on, you need no ahdhesives to keep it on. Cheap, simple, light, and stylish motor cooler. Noticabley more power
I quote myself cause Im cool like that. Anyway here are 3 major mods I did to my Stryker, the most sigificant was the Blade CP heat slink. I got a full flight today, motor temp was 75, after flight about 78. By touch there was no diffrence, and it dident upset the CG! Anyway here are some pics

After these 3 mods, flight time has improved, stabability, and landings have been made easyer, I love this plane

-Dustin

P.S. Stryker all the way!
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:26 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
665 Posts
Quote:"I quote myself cause Im cool like that" ..........Thats funny. do you talk to your self too? Just kidding.
Your nose looks kinda flat or is that the camera not showing it right?
Does the red help seeing it? Most of the time all I can ever see is the silhouette in the sky, never mind any colors. I look for the orientation with the vert fins.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:29 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip63
Quote:"I quote myself cause Im cool like that" ..........Thats funny. do you talk to your self too? Just kidding.
Your nose looks kinda flat or is that the camera not showing it right?
Does the red help seeing it? Most of the time all I can ever see is the silhouette in the sky, never mind any colors. I look for the orientation with the vert fins.
Actully the nose is at a 45 degree angle. It helps keep the nose out of the dirt on impact.
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:34 PM
Alexandria LA
Joined Oct 2004
1,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml0126

My buddy and I are flying ours on 4s packs. He is using the Tp 4s 2100 and I am using tanic 4s 1760s, I even used a tanic 4s 3250 (had to do some body alterations)

My buddy is still using all stock parts, I replaced my esc with a CC P45.

We have at least 30 flights apiece with these and the motors are doing just fine.

THE SPEED IS MUCH FASTER THAN THE 3s setup.
dusmmdb34 is offline Find More Posts by dusmmdb34
Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:40 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wo23dodge
There are people claiming to have gotten their new C's clocked at 84 mph on the flat and level and over a 100 in a dive but I am like you,I think 65 is probably closer.

I'm going to throw a 7x6 on mine and see what that does for it but might not have the results to post for a while,I am about to head out to Lake Powell for about a week and a half.

Mine is 65-70mph level and 86mph at a dive.

But I sure wish I could get this thing going faster!
tomi is offline Find More Posts by tomi
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:10 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
665 Posts
Although this is marketed at the beginner, so it's probably a good starter for ppl venturing into brushless territory.[/QUOTE]

I have a couple of BL helis but this is my first BL plane. I'm enjoying all the ideas to push this to the limit. Has anyone seen the vids of the guy that put rockets on his F27?