HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:32 AM
Madras India
Joined Aug 2006
229 Posts
Any place where I can get plans for a foam flying wing to be made by Highschool kids from loacaly available polystyrene foam. Have a brushed Glider motor and micro servos,rx and tx
mainly want to know how to shape the wing right
sbrv24 is offline Find More Posts by sbrv24
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2007, 09:30 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
thinking of getting this airplane, general flight characteristics wanted, plus, where's a good place to buy this bird?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:30 PM
United States, NC, Bryson City
Joined May 2007
110 Posts
I have the E-flite six series 2700KV motor in my Stryker. The E-flite motor and the Stryker make a crazy fast combo. This is difinatly the fastert plane I have ever had. I would guess 90-100 mph with a 6x4 prop. Anyway I hooked up my Power meter to see how may Amps ,watts ect my motor was making. With a 4 cell maxamps lipo and a 6x4 prop its making 630 Watts of power and pulling 53 amps. I was surprized. The motor doesnt even get that hot in flight. The one bad thing is my lipo swelled up. Its a maxamps 1550HV 4 Cell. I looked on there website and they only rate it at 31amps consistant. I called them up and we worked it out. Im sending them my pack and paying the difference for there 2100HV 4 cell. It should handle the amps. I also going to try out a 5x5 and 4.7x5.5 prop. They will lower the amps alittle more and I should pick up some speed. I cant wait to try the new combo!
Yellowsierra is offline Find More Posts by Yellowsierra
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:59 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
thanks, i just found a place that sells the parkzone f-27c with that uber tiger paint job for 160 bucks with servos, motor, and esc installed and all you need is radio, reciever, batteries, and charger

-Jack
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:02 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower
thinking of getting this airplane, general flight characteristics wanted, plus, where's a good place to buy this bird?
This is more of a "turn and burn" airplane. Meaning you can turn very very sharp and keep a decent head speed. Its a delta therefor it is capable of high speeds and yet very stable. Givin that its a delta its landing speed is lower than convetional aircraft. The brushless Stryker has "unlimited vertical" and tops out at 65-80mph. When running duel rates the airplane can be realy snappy and responsive to control inputs. This airplane has no positive dyhedral, therefor you have to roll out of a turn. You have to fly this airplane because it dosent fly itself. Best place to get one is your local hobby shop.

Hope this helps.
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:12 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
thanks alot, much apreciated
Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:17 AM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
airpower

if your putting your own radio I would get a DX6, or even a DX7 or DX9. The DX7 and 9 can be used in much larger airplanes and are full range radios.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:47 AM
Joined Apr 2007
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb
Minwax water-based poly is great for coating foamies - not only does it improve appearance, but it also provides some abrasion and ding resistance. I've coated every foamie I've ever built with Minwax water-based Polycrylic, including a Stryker.

How many coats did you use on your Stryker?
I used three coats on the bottom and leading edge. Only one coat on top.
Opie68 is offline Find More Posts by Opie68
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:51 AM
United States, NC, Bryson City
Joined May 2007
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by That can fly?!?
airpower

if your putting your own radio I would get a DX6, or even a DX7 or DX9. The DX7 and 9 can be used in much larger airplanes and are full range radios.
The DX radios are awesome. I have the DX6 which isnt suppost to be a full range radio? I dont undestand why because I fly my plane out of sight and it still picks up full signal. I think the DX radios have a warning beeper in the radio if it start loosing signal. I havent had mine to beep yet. The servos that come with the DX6 are alittle small for the stryker. I went with HS81MG there a metal gear servo that fits about perfect and only cost $15-$20.
Yellowsierra is offline Find More Posts by Yellowsierra
Old Jun 28, 2007, 08:54 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
i already have a computerized 7 channel jr radio, thanks though, i think i convinced my dad into buying this
Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:00 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
The DX radios are awesome. I have the DX6 which isnt suppost to be a full range radio? I dont undestand why because I fly my plane out of sight and it still picks up full signal. I think the DX radios have a warning beeper in the radio if it start loosing signal. I havent had mine to beep yet. The servos that come with the DX6 are alittle small for the stryker. I went with HS81MG there a metal gear servo that fits about perfect and only cost $15-$20.
I love my DX6, in my stryker I run HS-81, not the metal gear though, no need for such a light plane.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 05:18 AM
Per Ardua ad Astra
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jan 2005
398 Posts
Hi Guys

I've just fitted a DX7 (AR6100) receiver in my brand new F-27C. I've never tried this kind of plane before, apart from flying my friends Zagi a couple of times. I just hope I can keep up with it!!!
Esprit 88 is offline Find More Posts by Esprit 88
Old Jun 29, 2007, 05:14 PM
Efland, NC
Joined May 2006
455 Posts
esprit, I had to keep my elevon rates down low when learning this plane, I have a great handle on this lpane now but I still have the rates quite low, at this speed it doesn't take much elevon movement to make a turn!!
Fatts is offline Find More Posts by Fatts
Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:50 AM
Per Ardua ad Astra
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jan 2005
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatts
esprit, I had to keep my elevon rates down low when learning this plane, I have a great handle on this lpane now but I still have the rates quite low, at this speed it doesn't take much elevon movement to make a turn!!
Thanks Fatts, I'm going to get one of our best club flyers to trim it out for me. I'm sure I'll be using low rates for my first flights. I don't think I'll be using full throttle for a time
Esprit 88 is offline Find More Posts by Esprit 88
Last edited by Esprit 88; Jun 30, 2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 12:17 PM
Efland, NC
Joined May 2006
455 Posts
I can go wot now, but the elevon movement is very minimal and I can only go wot for short bursts as it will get away from you very fast and then you'll lose orientation, like I did once, fortunately I got it back with the help of my flight buddy who coached me back in to the flying feild, so lucked out that day!!!

Have fun with it, it's an amazing plane!!
Fatts is offline Find More Posts by Fatts