HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2006, 10:21 AM
Thermal seeker
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Jul 2005
566 Posts
Got to maiden the Stock Stryker C yesterday. Only thing I did was take the huge screw out of the nose so it would balance. After that, it flew perfect. GREAT glides, I haven't pushed the throttle past 50% but at that it climbs readily and is at my flying altitude in no time. I'm eager to see what it can do at WOT but I'm waiting to switch it over to my JR6102 before I do that. That's my only complaint - I really dislike the included TX, but for the price I paid I'm very happy with this package.

Like I said, things to do before next flight:
-Switch RX and TX
-Add CF rod

-Mike
Bohh33 is offline Find More Posts by Bohh33
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2006, 04:19 PM
Fort Collins, CO.
Joined Sep 2002
457 Posts
I liked mine stock....for about the first flight, lol, had to go faster. I cant see how parkzone thinks it could go 80+ mph stock with a 1880 kv motor, 6x4 prop and the 12c 2200 lipo they send with it. i guess in a real steep dive, maybe. I use my jr 6102 radio and a medusa 28-40-3400 motor on my pnp version and with a 3s 3200 20c lipo, 55 amp sp control and 4.75x4.75 apc it really goes 80+ now.... na, more like a 100+.
flybye is offline Find More Posts by flybye
Old Sep 05, 2006, 08:25 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Heading out to our 40 acre feild for madin flight, no wind, wish me luck
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Sep 05, 2006, 08:45 PM
Extreme Hoverer
Omaha, Ne.
Joined Jun 2006
308 Posts
Just had to go look for the new Stryker at my LHS,sure enough,they had both versions.
$149.99 for the plug and play and $234.99 RTF,well a 2100 Thunder Power is $80 there and the RTF version comes with a 2200 and a balancer charger so what the heck,went with the RTF
will be interesting to see how it compares to my other Strykers,one has an Align 400L and screams,the other a Mega 16/25/4 and it's ok on speed but with the 8x6 prop vertical is very cool
wo23dodge is offline Find More Posts by wo23dodge
Old Sep 05, 2006, 11:09 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts

Twas a calm night, the roaring forst fires filled the sky with a thin layer of smoke. I brought my Stryker out for the first time, with high hopes. My last RC airplane (J-3 Cub) hand fallen to its doom within a few short seconds. But the F-27C brought new hope to my life, a gental toss into the air... SMACK into the ground, a slight scuff on the nose, my faith had taken a swift blow. I tryed 2 more times with no succsess. That was it, it was eather now or never. I gave it full throttle and gave a hard throw. She rocketed into the air, it stund me at first, I backed off the throttle and entered my first turn. I rolled the plane gentaly and gave some up elevator, I sustaned a nice level turn. It was amasing. After a few low and slow passes I landed it, and took it to our biggest section of feild. Loops, rolls, inverted flight, no problem, no radio glitches, nothing, but fun flying. I read the forms and have been following them for a long time. The best advice I would give to a new piolet is barrly move your right stick, it dosent take much to turn it, unless your doing loops and rolls (then go nuts). Never the less this is my first sucesful flight ever for an airplane, and I loved it. After my first flight this is all the damage it took, and it was repared in less than 5 min.
Old Sep 06, 2006, 12:57 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Funny mine broke at the same spot! I got my brother's to throw the Stryker, but they couldn't throw it straight. So it nosed in alot. It finally broke off, but we kept on trying and flew it without the nose. Time to glue it back!
tomi is offline Find More Posts by tomi
Old Sep 06, 2006, 02:37 PM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Don't glue the nose on.

I have never glued the nose on and probably never will. At first I flew with it just taped on. Now with the ultracote Thunderbird covering only the blue and red trim connect the nose to the rest of the fuselage. I nosed in and the nose is a little loose. But I will be able to easily replace it without cutting off the glued on part that remains. My next nose I am going to carve from some EPP I have so I can make it longer and look more like a jet. I don't like the snubbed nose appearance that the Stryker currently has. It looks too much like a Zagi with a nose.
Eric
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Old Sep 06, 2006, 03:03 PM
My first Build
Vancouver WA
Joined Jul 2006
973 Posts
you're better off not gluing or taping it really. A couple pieces of double sided tape is enough. It's meant to take some of the shock of a crach off the wing. Less is more here man.
radralph is offline Find More Posts by radralph
Old Sep 06, 2006, 04:54 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radralph
you're better off not gluing or taping it really. A couple pieces of double sided tape is enough. It's meant to take some of the shock of a crach off the wing. Less is more here man.

I meant glueing the nose back together. It snapped in half. Right now, it's held on the supplied double sided tape. Pretty amazing how well the double sided tape holds. The foam gave out, but the tape didn't..
tomi is offline Find More Posts by tomi
Old Sep 06, 2006, 05:29 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi
I meant glueing the nose back together. It snapped in half. Right now, it's held on the supplied double sided tape. Pretty amazing how well the double sided tape holds. The foam gave out, but the tape didn't..
After glueing the nose it flew more level, befor it had atendance to climb if I wasnt doing anything, funnist plane I have ever flown
Old Sep 06, 2006, 08:58 PM
Extreme Hoverer
Omaha, Ne.
Joined Jun 2006
308 Posts
Well I went ahead and gave her a toss after work tonight with several people watching,lucky for me I was standing near a ditch and tossed it over it because it dropped a lot,I hit the throttle hard,pulled back on the right stick and up she came.

That little motor sure makes a lot of noise,reminds me of a Honda civic when you see some moron trying to race one with a fart can on it,makes a lot of noise but doesn't really go anywhere fast Don't get me wrong,next to an F27B it screams but my buddy and I raced,his has the Align 400L (2500kv) with a 7x6 prop on it and he just left me behind in every way possible,his vertical just keeps going and going and going while mine goes for a little bit then you have to level off,get a run at it and go up again.
The new C will clime really well at a steep angle and I sware it glides better than my B's,not to mention flight time with the 2200ma battery it came with seemed to go on and on and on.

Bottom line,I like this new Stryker and wouldn't buy it as an ARF,it's well worth the extra little bit to get the battery,balancing charger and receiver not to mention the TX,yeah the TX feels cheap but it worked perfectly,unless I start having trouble with it I woun't even bother switching this one to one of my JR's.

If tomorrow evening is as nice as tonight was we are going to do it again and I am bringing my camcorder to get some video,the best part of the flying tonight was when I talked my buddy in to going across the street to the old landfill and flying right over the edge,it's the highest point in all of Douglas County and what a blast to buzz along the top about 2 feet off the ground and crest the edge,within seconds the plane is 300 feet in the air because the ground dropped away below it.

What a blast

Brian
wo23dodge is offline Find More Posts by wo23dodge
Old Sep 07, 2006, 12:39 PM
Portage Michigan
Joined May 2006
206 Posts
Alright I have an extreme ROOKIE question. I have gotten bit by the "wing" bug lately and after being a lurker here on the board trying to read and digest the great info found here, I have a question.

I bought the stryker C and have a DX6 radio.( both of which are new to me ). After reading about the launch and all that goes with it, is there any way to program one of the toggle switches on my radio to give half throttle and half elevator as to ease the launch? Then once both hands are on the radio I can return to normal flight mode. Just a thought I had after launching and flying the slinger on real flight G3. Thanks
steelydan is offline Find More Posts by steelydan
Old Sep 07, 2006, 01:21 PM
My first Build
Vancouver WA
Joined Jul 2006
973 Posts
I think half elevator is too much. I just use a couple clicks of trim and use the throttle. FMS free sim has a stryker model available BTW. Does the G3?
radralph is offline Find More Posts by radralph
Old Sep 07, 2006, 01:53 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
launches aren't hard at all with the stryker. if you've got the C you can give it a good straight toss without any throttle and once it's away from you a bit go to full throttle and up up up! after a couple of launches you'll have no problems. heck, i sit on the ground when launching my stryker
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Sep 07, 2006, 05:16 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelydan
Alright I have an extreme ROOKIE question. I have gotten bit by the "wing" bug lately and after being a lurker here on the board trying to read and digest the great info found here, I have a question.

I bought the stryker C and have a DX6 radio.( both of which are new to me ). After reading about the launch and all that goes with it, is there any way to program one of the toggle switches on my radio to give half throttle and half elevator as to ease the launch? Then once both hands are on the radio I can return to normal flight mode. Just a thought I had after launching and flying the slinger on real flight G3. Thanks
I hold the transmitter with my right hand, right thumb on right stick , I launch it at full power at a 45degree angle, no up elevator unless needed. Havent had a problem since.