Old Apr 24, 2010, 06:16 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
Arcteryxxx-

Still using FM flash 5 tx and electron 6 rx...never had any probs till now but I never tryied to go out this far before either...its suppose to have a 1 mile range...I got maybe 1/4 mile when the 2 sec delay started...does that happen with 2.4G?
I've got a 35Mhz Sanwa system that I've discarded... only using 2.4MHz Spektrum DSM2 now... There was no problem with the range of the Sanwa...but it's not suited for el setups.... I guess you'll hve abouta mile range with 35MHZ(with the rx->way beyond visiual)and about 500m with a DSM2 Parkflyer setup(AR6110).......
There are lots of other tings to consider, though......
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:10 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
A little off topic, but how are you doing with the 250?
If you didn't know there is a heavy duty tail belt for it, that can be bought from flying hobby.com.
I seen to go crashes with them on and the belt survived.
Later,
GREAT !!!
Awsome little hornet there, that T-Rex 250 really slices up the area. Got the headspeed dialed in to about 3100, and she is just wicked !!!!

Stock belt on mine, when she wears out, I will go kevlar.
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:36 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
GREAT !!!
Awsome little hornet there, that T-Rex 250 really slices up the area. Got the headspeed dialed in to about 3100, and she is just wicked !!!!

Stock belt on mine, when she wears out, I will go kevlar.
Awesome Man.
Better order it now, because then you don't have to wait for it to get to you!
But agree, I love my helicopters.
Later!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Apr 24, 2010, 09:51 PM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
ARC 28-48-1.5
APC 6x4 Sport
Castle Ice 100
4S 3000mah 30C
HS-85mg's

http://www.neartowntech.com/strykers...ngestryker.wmv
Wow man, that looks real fast! I used the apc 6x5.5 prop for the first time today with medusa 1700kv motor and 4S lipo. Made mine most speedy.
NOTAR 600 is online now Find More Posts by NOTAR 600
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:32 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,777 Posts
some pics

I use 5.3mm CF. 3 pieces in an A-frame. I use spray polyurethane to stiffen up foam and I put three coats of paint on. So far this has done the job for holding the wing together at high speeds. But....if you crash it's toast. A piece of CF from nose tip to back of middle fuse would help here.

I can't say the same for the elevons. I have had the elevons rip clean off in mid air. I found the ca hinges perfectly in tact in the basswood on the trailing edge of thw wing. I think it was the cheap hinges I used on the build. Not sure? It has only happened once out of 3 hinge jobs.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:56 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
I use my fm t6xehp havent a clue what its range is supposed to be but i can take any of my planes/helis to a dot in any direction without any glitching i prefer to keep it closer than that though lol . A friend was flying my other stryker on his Sanwa 35mhz rd600 last night with no problems.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:19 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,261 Posts
Even though simple, that's one of the coolest looking stryker paint jobs I've seen Johnny!
all4smallrc is offline Find More Posts by all4smallrc
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:22 PM
$#|+
United States, CA, Orange
Joined May 2007
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
Arcteryxxx-

Still using FM flash 5 tx and electron 6 rx...never had any probs till now but I never tryied to go out this far before either...its suppose to have a 1 mile range...I got maybe 1/4 mile when the 2 sec delay started...does that happen with 2.4G?
my DX7 is rock solid with an ar6200 full range Rx

if you considered or might think about doing FPV then stick to 72

if not you should wait until these come out

DX8

or the JR 11x
mkmkmk13 is offline Find More Posts by mkmkmk13
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:30 PM
VA
Joined Feb 2009
866 Posts
Or this http://www.spektrumdx10t.de/vorteile.html
friz is offline Find More Posts by friz
Old Apr 25, 2010, 07:36 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,185 Posts
Quick question for those using a DX6i radio with their Stryker:

How do you program the flap switch to be able to have some up elevator when launching the plane and then flip the switch back so the elevator return to it's normal position?

I'm able to program it with my other plane which is not using elevons wing type but it doesn't work with the Stryker
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Apr 25, 2010, 07:56 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucisse View Post
Quick question for those using a DX6i radio with their Stryker:

How do you program the flap switch to be able to have some up elevator when launching the plane and then flip the switch back so the elevator return to it's normal position?

I'm able to program it with my other plane which is not using elevons wing type but it doesn't work with the Stryker
Go to "Mix 1"

Flaps-->Elevator ACT

Then you will have two parameters; Up and down, which go from -100 to +100. Move one value at a time up or down and find which one you need to adjust to make it happen! Should only take a minute or so to do this.

For "Switch" select Flaps.

For "Trim", I like to select ACT, which adjusts your "Launch Mode" in line with any trimming you do for flight.

My magic number is Up: -40% on the gear switch.

EDIT: Added more details.
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Old Apr 26, 2010, 01:26 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I use 5.3mm CF. 3 pieces in an A-frame. I use spray polyurethane to stiffen up foam and I put three coats of paint on. So far this has done the job for holding the wing together at high speeds. But....if you crash it's toast. A piece of CF from nose tip to back of middle fuse would help here.

I can't say the same for the elevons. I have had the elevons rip clean off in mid air. I found the ca hinges perfectly in tact in the basswood on the trailing edge of thw wing. I think it was the cheap hinges I used on the build. Not sure? It has only happened once out of 3 hinge jobs.
Did you use real thin CA..........or the thick stuff ???
How many drops on each side of each hinge ??

Are you staying 3 cells with that super long ARC ???
Thats one nice paint job !!!
Kind of reminds me of Murdnunoc's a little.
His are VERY fast !!!!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:42 AM
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
2,366 Posts
[QUOTE=moparmyway;14943711] Are you staying 3 cells with that super long ARC ???
QUOTE]

Mopar,
What is the rule of thumb when using ARC 28-48's mounted in a Styker? Are 1.5's best suited to 3 cells and the 2's best for 4 cells?

I guess I'm asking if Johnnyrocco's fantastic example above would be even better (!) with a 28-48-2 given he is running a 4 cell 3000mAh battery?

Thank you
Peter
Peter M is offline Find More Posts by Peter M
Old Apr 26, 2010, 06:58 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,185 Posts
Thanks for the help !! Works like a charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707 View Post
Go to "Mix 1"

Flaps-->Elevator ACT

Then you will have two parameters; Up and down, which go from -100 to +100. Move one value at a time up or down and find which one you need to adjust to make it happen! Should only take a minute or so to do this.

For "Switch" select Flaps.

For "Trim", I like to select ACT, which adjusts your "Launch Mode" in line with any trimming you do for flight.

My magic number is Up: -40% on the gear switch.

EDIT: Added more details.
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:48 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,777 Posts
[QUOTE=Peter M;14944167]
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Are you staying 3 cells with that super long ARC ???
QUOTE]

Mopar,
What is the rule of thumb when using ARC 28-48's mounted in a Styker? Are 1.5's best suited to 3 cells and the 2's best for 4 cells?

I guess I'm asking if Johnnyrocco's fantastic example above would be even better (!) with a 28-48-2 given he is running a 4 cell 3000mAh battery?

Thank you
Peter
Kv is too low on the 48-2
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123