Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:04 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,295 Posts
Science or stupidity

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Seems like some of you have tried something like this before...??
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2010, 03:33 AM
Registered User
ender707's Avatar
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtl0715 View Post
I purchased my Stryker parts separately instead of going with the PNP version. How do the elevons attach to the fuse? I see the tabs, but I'm afraid to pull on them in case they're not covering some sort of adhesive. Any info here would be much appreciated.

-TL
If you look closely at Skunkworks pictures a couple posts back, you will see that their are plastic tabs that go through the hinges to mount the elevons. You should have these parts as they come in the pack with the elevons. Good luck!
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 08:55 AM
geek.
kittman's Avatar
Joined Jul 2006
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707 View Post
If you look closely at Skunkworks pictures a couple posts back, you will see that their are plastic tabs that go through the hinges to mount the elevons. You should have these parts as they come in the pack with the elevons. Good luck!
Here's a tip that works well for me. Adding some electrical tape to the length of the elevons seems to strengthen them somewhat. I slapped a 4s battery into my "stock" Stryker with stock servos yesterday. I didn't experience any flex in the elevons that I've had in the past. I had full throws, therefore full control, at high speeds..

...but that didn't prevent me from touching the runway with my tail fins again during a low high-speed pass. I'm always amazed at just how quickly the plane will stop when inverted. It went from 75mph-ish to zero in 2.5'.

That's what I get for giving into the ProBro's at our club and their taunting chants of "lower! Lower! LOWER!".

Of course, YMMV...
kittman is offline Find More Posts by kittman
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:54 AM
Registered User
customrcparts's Avatar
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Does anyone have a Scorpion Brushless Motor HK2221-2010KV? If so, can the wires exit straight as shown in the picture? On the Scorpion site, it shows them exiting at an angle.

Thanks!

Gary
customrcparts is offline Find More Posts by customrcparts
Last edited by customrcparts; Apr 11, 2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Added picture, reworded question.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 09:55 PM
Registered User
customrcparts's Avatar
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Got the information I needed.
Thanks!
Gary
customrcparts is offline Find More Posts by customrcparts
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:10 PM
BLANIK213
blanik213's Avatar
United States, NY, Phoenicia
Joined Feb 2008
665 Posts
Hi Gary I have HK 2221 and the wires exit at a right angle to the face.I don't fly a stryker but Excellent work on the the development and production of the motor mount for the stryker,looks top notch and speaks volumes of the investment of your time for the stryker crowd .
blanik213 is offline Find More Posts by blanik213
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:21 PM
Registered User
customrcparts's Avatar
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Blanik213,
Thank you for your compliment!
Just to double check, can you straighten the wires out like the picture? One other user told me that they could. Don't try it if you think that it could damage something though!
Gary
customrcparts is offline Find More Posts by customrcparts
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:17 AM
BLANIK213
blanik213's Avatar
United States, NY, Phoenicia
Joined Feb 2008
665 Posts
The wires are stiff but will bend if needed.
blanik213 is offline Find More Posts by blanik213
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:31 AM
Registered User
customrcparts's Avatar
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Cool. Thank you very much!
Gary
customrcparts is offline Find More Posts by customrcparts
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Portland, OR
Joined Nov 2009
526 Posts
Motor Attachment

All:

I recently purchased a Stryker, and have Intermediate skills (have flown my Minimag a lot; pants off the Super Cub; souped up Easystar [very fast] etc...).

Have yet to assemble Stryker and read about starting off with a lower powered engine to start with vs. going with the stock motor.

As such, just purchased an EMAX CF2812 Outrunner...was wondering if this fits the stock mount or will I have to do some modding to get it to fit?

Also, I saw mention of a Stryker "lite" thread but could not locate it..anyone have the url?

Thanks,
Don
donsinger1 is offline Find More Posts by donsinger1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:24 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
the best way to mount the 2812 using the C mount is to use cable ties through the collar holes in the 2812 and then through the main mount holes, the holes line up so just thread through. Use a 7x6 prop and an 18amp esc 1500mah 3cell or 2200 mah 3 cell both are good. If you need to adjust the thrust angle just thread a washer inbetween the motor collar and the mount.

Youll love it , with the 1500mah the stryker slows down very nicely but has enough punch to satisfy until you are ready to upgrade the motor.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:54 AM
Registered User
Portland, OR
Joined Nov 2009
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
the best way to mount the 2812 using the C mount is to use cable ties through the collar holes in the 2812 and then through the main mount holes, the holes line up so just thread through. Use a 7x6 prop and an 18amp esc 1500mah 3cell or 2200 mah 3 cell both are good. If you need to adjust the thrust angle just thread a washer inbetween the motor collar and the mount.

Youll love it , with the 1500mah the stryker slows down very nicely but has enough punch to satisfy until you are ready to upgrade the motor.
Thanks so much. Sounds very straight forward. I have some 7x5 props around and will try that.

Don
donsinger1 is offline Find More Posts by donsinger1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 04:09 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,295 Posts
Have anyone tried the NEU 1115/1Y on a Stryker?
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 08:03 PM
Registered User
GryphonRCU's Avatar
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,824 Posts
Arcteryxxx,

That NEU would make a good 3S-5000 motor.

It can work on 4S but is not best choice for 4S...you can pick a better KV NEU motor if you intend to run 4S.

If you intend to run 3S, MEGA 16/40/1C 3100KV is a great choice at $20 less and can get built and delivered in less time....better quality, and more options too.

It has 5mm Combat shaft as compared to NEU 3.2mm

6 Pole MEGA will allow the motor to get pushed further than 4 pole NEU.


I will not knock the 3S performance of either one....we are talking some serious power there.....both will go far past 120 MPH even if you have a cam and also Co-pilot mounted outside of the Stryker.
Be prepared to run manly amount of AMPs.


Good luck, have fun.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:28 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
Arcteryxxx,

That NEU would make a good 3S-5000 motor.

It can work on 4S but is not best choice for 4S...you can pick a better KV NEU motor if you intend to run 4S.

If you intend to run 3S, MEGA 16/40/1C 3100KV is a great choice at $20 less and can get built and delivered in less time....better quality, and more options too.

It has 5mm Combat shaft as compared to NEU 3.2mm

6 Pole MEGA will allow the motor to get pushed further than 4 pole NEU.


I will not knock the 3S performance of either one....we are talking some serious power there.....both will go far past 120 MPH even if you have a cam and also Co-pilot mounted outside of the Stryker.
Be prepared to run manly amount of AMPs.


Good luck, have fun.

Gryphon
Thanks. I will!
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone F-27C Stryker That can fly?!? Parkflyers 109 Sep 26, 2012 10:54 PM
Discussion Parkzone's New F-27C Stryker itspat Parkflyers 1 Nov 08, 2011 07:56 PM
Mini-Review F-27C Stryker Review That can fly?!? Parkflyers 27 Jul 29, 2010 08:25 PM
Discussion Parkzone F-27C Stryker 3S 11.1 V Balance Plug WDP Batteries and Chargers 12 Oct 26, 2009 08:44 AM
Discussion Coming soon! F-27C Stryker RTF with lipo and brushless Solcat Electric Plane Talk 0 May 31, 2006 12:34 PM