HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2007, 10:56 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
Fatts - I guess you just stated at least one advantage to NOT having landing gear on a R/C plane...
ChrisWNY is offline Find More Posts by ChrisWNY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2007, 04:32 AM
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Del Rio Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,995 Posts
Fatts,
That is too funny! I bet you would have been surprised if your Stryker has gone whizzing by your head?!!! We all slip up at one time or another. Of course that could be a very expensive lesson if you don't start unplugging those lipos after flight. Drain one down and you won't be doing donuts any longer with that pack.
Happy flying and thanks for sharing.
Ken
CSI is online now Find More Posts by CSI
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 04, 2007, 04:35 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
I have alot of horror stories myself...guess thats why they call accidents -accidents I been putting togather a new stryker...Im gonna keep it simple and lite...shaved off vents and used 2 solid FG rods across bottom...after a lite air brushing, Im done...it was time for a new battery too...I picked up a new 4s 25C TP Extreme thinking I may get more bang for the buck...I will get a vid of it when im done...I was sent a flying challenge and thought id pass it on to you extreme pilots...this is your time to shine...I got 48.8
Challenge
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Old Jun 08, 2007, 09:37 AM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
finster -

49.3M on that "challenge". Definitely a good time killer for those slow days at work.

The servo on left wing of my Stryker has popped loose during the past 2 flights. I had been using hot glue to secure the servos to the Stryker fuselage, but it just wasn't holding the left servo. I ended up pulling out the big guns and Sumo glued it in, then set a ball-peen hammer on top of the servo while the glue was drying to really lock it down. The right servo is still in there solid, for some reason the hot glue held fine there. If that servo pops out again, I am going to explode!!
Old Jun 08, 2007, 09:57 AM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
I still will be flying my Stryker... But I have been bitten by the heli bug...again. Going for the T-rex 450 SA.... Cant wait.
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Jun 10, 2007, 07:04 AM
gawler, South Australia
Joined Jul 2006
3,672 Posts
Hi Guys

I got a bare airframe stryker which is ready to go and I would like to know what throws to put on the elevons, can anyone please help me?.
rcozstyle is offline Find More Posts by rcozstyle
Old Jun 10, 2007, 04:23 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcozstyle
Hi Guys

I got a bare airframe stryker which is ready to go and I would like to know what throws to put on the elevons, can anyone please help me?.
Rcoz -

10-15mm above and below the deck should be fine. I used the long arm connectors that came bundled with the HS-65HB servos, and put the control rods through the outer most holes. Plenty of throw.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 04:53 PM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2006
1,456 Posts
I go for as much throw as I can muster! And it's still not quite enough for me.

Low rates at about 75% of full throw. I never use them anymore though.

I am using HS81's and have the rods on the outer holes and the control horns on the second to the outer hole.

Have Fun!
Andy
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:37 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Dose anybody have a DX6 Reciver laying around thats not in use???
Old Jun 13, 2007, 03:05 AM
Rory
Australia, Belrose
Joined Aug 2005
71 Posts
I am buying a Stryker C version this week. I am going to run a Mega 15/16/4 with 4S. Do i need to mod the airframe at all to handle this ??

Thanks
Rory
Roryw is offline Find More Posts by Roryw
Old Jun 13, 2007, 09:54 AM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roryw
I am buying a Stryker C version this week. I am going to run a Mega 15/16/4 with 4S. Do i need to mod the airframe at all to handle this ??

Thanks
Rory
Yes. More carbon fiber supports, or even a carbon fiber arrow shaft.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:18 AM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2006
1,456 Posts
Excellent info here

Also the Mega 16/25/2 and 16/25/3 have been said to have great success on the Stryker.

Haven't tried one myself yet.
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 05:22 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
I finnished my plane but the weather hasnt been so good...Maybe tomarrow I can get out and fly it...I molded a one piece hatch and it looks good but Im thinking I may go with a half hatch leaving the electronics open to get more air...For CG I pushed electronics as far back as possible and made 2 slots in back for the ESC and UBEC so they sit on top of each other with a small gap between for more air...Took out about 1/4 of foam below the battery so the battery could lay flat...I used 2 CF rods across bottom for strength...

Update: Few hours later the weather got better so I took it out...Zooming around and I noticed the nose started getting heavy...so I adjusted the trim to bring it back up...next thing you know....BAM...the plane goes from 80 to 0 like it hit a brick wall and starts tumbling thru sky...I seen something black flying thru sky and hit a tree with a loud bang...it was the new 4s battery...the plane landed up in neighbors tree with some damage to wing...the battery was couple hundred feet away in weeds with a big dent in it after it hit the tree...
Conclusion: dont forget to put valcro on your battery!
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Last edited by finster; Jun 13, 2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:09 PM
Joined Apr 2007
4 Posts
Coating the Stryker with polyurethane

Hello, I'm on my third Stryker C airframe. And when I painted this last one, I coated it with Minwax waterbased poly. So far it has worked pretty good. Has anyone else tried this?
Opie68 is offline Find More Posts by Opie68
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:31 PM
Joined Apr 2007
4 Posts
Polyurethane

My third Stryker with polyurethane
Opie68 is offline Find More Posts by Opie68