HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2010, 01:50 PM
Romford, UK
Joined Jun 2004
159 Posts
Thanks NOTAR and Ender707, it makes sense now looking again at the plastic clips for the elevons.. that link was also very helpful! Will bookmark it also

I have my motor spinning the correct way now.. I will pin them cables back ender707. A brief sping up with the 6x4 all I can say is got some real power behind it.

Thanks for your help not too much more to do now.. I noticed ender707 from another photo of yours that you have your ESC mounted outside I think I will also do this.

Thanks again
Trancer is offline Find More Posts by Trancer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2010, 03:30 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
On the picture comments I put that; That was the "Stock" 30 Amp ESC and the 2836 2350kv with an APC 6x5.5 on 3s pulled ~40 amps. I mounted it outside to keep it cool while waiting for a better ESC. If you have a 40 amp ESC or better, you should not need to do this.
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Old Feb 06, 2010, 10:38 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707 View Post
From rear of plane, the APC 6x4 e should spin clockwise, but as a pre-maiden/pre-flight check if you make changes, you should make sure your prop is "Pushing" air towards the rear before you throw it!

Ender, perfectly done Sir, simple and direct.

I LOVE that #3 picture with your outrunner in a Custom RC mount !!!!
AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got any more pictures with it mounted and ready to fly ???????????????
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Feb 07, 2010, 12:40 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Ender, perfectly done Sir, simple and direct.

I LOVE that #3 picture with your outrunner in a Custom RC mount !!!!
AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got any more pictures with it mounted and ready to fly ???????????????
Thanks Mopar,

I have not put new bullets on the outrunner yet, but I do plan to use it again. Right now I have the ARC 2847-2170kv motor on there. I have a few flights on it now and the shaft is intact!
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Old Feb 07, 2010, 06:31 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucisse View Post
Where do you get these 6.5x3.7 ? All the shops I'm use to order at don't have them

Cheers!
You can get them from any APC retailor. Try here if you want, might not be the cheapest, but they should have them.

http://www.apcprop.com/v/index.html
Old Feb 07, 2010, 08:34 AM
Romford, UK
Joined Jun 2004
159 Posts
I am confused how to connect my servos up to a AR500, I have a DX6i. Should one servo go into the aleron port and the other into the elevator port?

The stryker pnp manual states that I need to find V tall mixing option on my transmitter. I have had a look through the DX6i manual but am unable to find this option.

Thanks
Trancer is offline Find More Posts by Trancer
Old Feb 07, 2010, 08:40 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,990 Posts
Trancer,
Spektrum (DX6i) needs to be programmed for Elevon or Delta (page 43 in your DX6i manual). One servo goes into Aileron (left, I think), one goes into Elevator (right, I think), channel 2 and 3 get reversed.
Last edited by moparmyway; Feb 07, 2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2010, 11:03 AM
Rochester, NY
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2004
1,880 Posts
Stryker Aileron Trainer Vid

If you're out to take the highest speed at the club - then this is not for you. But IMHO the Stryker is not either. I tested 1000+ Watts in a stryker and it require lots of CF and glass to retain shape and flew fast - but lost all of it's low speed characteristics that makes it a great and easy plane to fly. There are plenty of jets that achieve super speeds without putting ludicrous power and weight on a foam plane. If you're into some acrobatics and precision flying with the Stryker - then this is for you. Also if you are a newb going from a trainer to your next plane - this is for you. Don't go heavy or you'll be flying Stryker shaped glue. I think the Stryker is a perfect 3S plane.

Double click to give it a vote or comment.

Strykers - Aileron Trainers JustGoFly 500T & 450T Motors on 3S - Rochester Ground Pounders (6 min 17 sec)

Enjoy,
Vinnie
JustGoFly is offline Find More Posts by JustGoFly
Old Feb 07, 2010, 11:39 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGoFly View Post
If you're out to take the highest speed at the club - then this is not for you. But IMHO the Stryker is not either. I tested 1000+ Watts in a stryker and it require lots of CF and glass to retain shape and flew fast - but lost all of it's low speed characteristics that makes it a great and easy plane to fly. There are plenty of jets that achieve super speeds without putting ludicrous power and weight on a foam plane. If you're into some acrobatics and precision flying with the Stryker - then this is for you. Also if you are a newb going from a trainer to your next plane - this is for you. Don't go heavy or you'll be flying Stryker shaped glue. I think the Stryker is a perfect 3S plane.

Enjoy,
Vinnie
Lightweight and fun.
Video looks great !!!
Those 2 Strykers hangle excellently !!!
NICE flying !!!!!
Old Feb 07, 2010, 01:48 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGoFly View Post

Double click to give it a vote or comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzYN5NqKso

Enjoy,
Vinnie
This video makes me miss my sweet flying, lighter, and slower strykers. I could fly that thing through hoops. I'm going to have to have a stock setup.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 07, 2010, 04:12 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,641 Posts
Help from the Peanut Gallery

Hi Guys,
I have customer not wanting to spend the money for Castle ESC's. Since I only use them myself, on high powered EDFs, I'm not familiar with other (Less expensive) brands that will function properly with the 6 pole MEGAs.

The RPMs would be 75K max.

Thanks for the help, Gary
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Feb 07, 2010, 04:26 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Hi Guys,
I have customer not wanting to spend the money for Castle ESC's. Since I only use them myself, on high powered EDFs, I'm not familiar with other (Less expensive) brands that will function properly with the 6 pole MEGAs.

The RPMs would be 75K max.

Thanks for the help, Gary
Turnigy Sentry 60, 80amp. Hobby city.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 07, 2010, 04:38 PM
The Kid
Detroit, MI
Joined Dec 2007
2,585 Posts
I think that Turnigy is your best bet as far as keeping up with that kind of RPM goes. But even that is not a guaruntee. 75k is a lot of RPM! I doubt anyone has experience with that type of question, especially in this thread

The closest I can think of is Murdnunoc's current work with the outrunner, but he is using a CC. What we do know is that the SuperSimple didn't work for him, which means it wouldn't work for you as your switching frequency is 7% higher still then his is.
Thekid3418 is offline Find More Posts by Thekid3418
Last edited by Thekid3418; Feb 07, 2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2010, 05:24 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,833 Posts
johnnyrocco123,

Why would you say: "Turnigy Sentry 60, 80amp. Hobby city. " ???

Do you know that it works at 75K, let alone 75,000 RPM on a 6 pole motor?

I suggest that when you are guessing, that at least you say I think or I guess such and such.
The way wrote it; it sounded very “Definitive”.

When you are not sure and write it that way, you can actually cost someone time and money because they could very well stop their research and go buy that.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Feb 07, 2010, 06:02 PM
The Kid
Detroit, MI
Joined Dec 2007
2,585 Posts
I agree, the Turnigy ESCs are good, but it is still uncertain whether they can infact acheive that extreme of an RPM.

Efflux, i'm guessing that you are looking into HV options, correct? Something Pete might be up to? In that case, you'll have a very hard time finding experience with that outside of your arena (EDF). The closest I can think of would be F5B, where some have run 4-pole motors up to 90k rpm or more, but that was again with quality ESCs (CC, Markus, Schultz, etc.).

I wish you luck. I hate to say it, but you are probably breaking new ground here....

One more thought. You might consider the boat community. I have no idea what the demands are for them RPM wise, but they are probably pretty high.

Kid
Thekid3418 is offline Find More Posts by Thekid3418