HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2010, 05:43 PM
Joined Feb 2009
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6 View Post
Spy,

Here you go, hes just showing you that neu are made to order and take some time to get aswell.
Thanks for the link. I'll drop them an E-Mail when the time comes to order, why is it so hard to get a hold of one of those motors?
Unsullied_Spy is offline Find More Posts by Unsullied_Spy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2010, 06:14 PM
Fly it like you stole it
Joined Feb 2007
172 Posts
can't find the MEGA 16/35/1.5
motor anywhere and new creations does not have it, spoke to them.

Any comparables?? 1 or 2 turn motors that will fit on existing or the upgraded motor mounts??
SUPERGONZO is offline Find More Posts by SUPERGONZO
Old Feb 04, 2010, 07:04 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,861 Posts
SUPERGONZO,

I gave you a list of options a few pages back for 16/35/1.5R 2700

Place your MEGA order with New Creations. MEGA will definitely build it quicker than NEU after he receives your order from New Creations RC in Texas.

I suggest that you ask for the 5mm Combat shaft versus standard 3.2mm shaft.
16/35/1.5RC 2700 is 5mm, 16/35/1.5R 2700 will be 3.2mm
Letter “C” means Combat shaft, which means 5mm shaft.

That motor has been Very popular for 3S and 4S operations in a Stryker.

As you already figured out MEGA manufacturer wants orders to go through his dealers.

If I can help you any further let me know in a PM.

Good luck,

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Last edited by GryphonRCU; Feb 04, 2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2010, 07:13 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,998 Posts
OK, I suppose this is to all who have been asking about NEU with 5mm shafts and MEGA

1. NEU 5mm shaft is available in "H" (Heli) version only. Add 3-4 weeks to the time that Castle says on its website. I know because I have ordered 4 of them. I still have 3 of them, I gave 1 to a well deserving friend. MEGA is easier to get in 5mm shaft. All this means that with a 5mm shaft, you will NOT bend it, even if you are running an 8 inch prop

2. MEGA motors are available. If I wanted a MEGA ASAP, I would PM Gryphon and ask him for his help. He "knows" about MEGA before MEGA knows about MEGA. Go figure that out and you have yourself the winning lotto ticket, but it is true.

3. MEGA motors are 6 pole, NEU motors are 4 pole. If you dont care about pole count, thats OK, but "MY" testing has shown that the 6 pole MEGA's are more efficient and have more power............................so its up to you which one to get. We are talking about the worlds best 2 motors here, so the difference is really a personal choice, but if it was me, and I go for MAX speed, MEGA has the edge.

4. MEGA has proven to give its product to the user in less time than NEU does. You might not like hearing this, but I have ordered from both, and MEGA has less waiting.

5. I do NOT know everything, but I do know that what I have just listed above to be 100% true, so take what is written and decide for yourself which way to lean based on your own criteria. Personally, I like the MEGA because the brake @ 100% on a Castle ESC will stop the prop easier than 100% brake on a NEU. It boils down to pole count there, but the overwhelming edge goes to MEGA for power and efficiency. If you want specifics, just PM or ask.
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Feb 04, 2010, 07:45 PM
Joined Feb 2009
32 Posts
Sounds good. Thanks for the info, moparmyway. I've had 5 Neu motors and always been nothing less than blown away with them but if MEGA motors are as easy as an E-Mail to New Creations that isn't bad, I'm used to buying my motors from a site that actually has them in stock and available for purchase rather than having to go through back channels to get one. I can wait a few weeks to get it, I want to push the stock motor as fast as I can to get used to higher speeds before taking a big step up in power.
Unsullied_Spy is offline Find More Posts by Unsullied_Spy
Old Feb 04, 2010, 09:51 PM
Fly it like you stole it
Joined Feb 2007
172 Posts
Gryph
"Place your MEGA order with New Creations"

Maybe you didn't understand my last post. I spoke with New Creations, they do not have and have no plans to order any Mega Motors. Why?? because they get charged ridiculous amounts for shipping from overseas. So unless someone plans to order 100 motors from them, they are NOT restocking any more Mega motors. This is probably the reason Mega Motors USA went out of business. You can be put on a list and when they get enough orders (like 100 motors) then the shipping isn't to bad for them. But if you think you are going to order a brand new Mega 16/35/1.5 and recieve it in a week or two or three, you can forget it. More like Months away, IF you get them at all. (currently they have 3 Mega motors on the list), thats right 3 !

Call them yourself.

Is there another source??
Last edited by SUPERGONZO; Feb 04, 2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2010, 09:59 PM
Pushing the envelope
Valatie, N.Y.
Joined Jan 2006
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
OK, I suppose this is to all who have been asking about NEU with 5mm shafts and MEGA

1. NEU 5mm shaft is available in "H" (Heli) version only. Add 3-4 weeks to the time that Castle says on its website. I know because I have ordered 4 of them. I still have 3 of them, I gave 1 to a well deserving friend. MEGA is easier to get in 5mm shaft. All this means that with a 5mm shaft, you will NOT bend it, even if you are running an 8 inch prop

2. MEGA motors are available. If I wanted a MEGA ASAP, I would PM Gryphon and ask him for his help. He "knows" about MEGA before MEGA knows about MEGA. Go figure that out and you have yourself the winning lotto ticket, but it is true.

3. MEGA motors are 6 pole, NEU motors are 4 pole. If you dont care about pole count, thats OK, but "MY" testing has shown that the 6 pole MEGA's are more efficient and have more power............................so its up to you which one to get. We are talking about the worlds best 2 motors here, so the difference is really a personal choice, but if it was me, and I go for MAX speed, MEGA has the edge.

4. MEGA has proven to give its product to the user in less time than NEU does. You might not like hearing this, but I have ordered from both, and MEGA has less waiting.

5. I do NOT know everything, but I do know that what I have just listed above to be 100% true, so take what is written and decide for yourself which way to lean based on your own criteria. Personally, I like the MEGA because the brake @ 100% on a Castle ESC will stop the prop easier than 100% brake on a NEU. It boils down to pole count there, but the overwhelming edge goes to MEGA for power and efficiency. If you want specifics, just PM or ask.
Hi,
I don't mean to sound stupid but how are the shafts bending on a plane thats a pusher?I've had about 1/2 dozen deferent types of flying wings and never bent a shaft.Don't get me wrong I've wrecked plenty wings but never bent the shafts.
Is it from the props striking the ground on landings? I cant imagine it bending with the power off.
Nicoflyer is offline Find More Posts by Nicoflyer
Old Feb 04, 2010, 10:20 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoflyer View Post
Hi,
I don't mean to sound stupid but how are the shafts bending on a plane thats a pusher?I've had about 1/2 dozen deferent types of flying wings and never bent a shaft.Don't get me wrong I've wrecked plenty wings but never bent the shafts.
Is it from the props striking the ground on landings? I cant imagine it bending with the power off.
Hey Nico.......not stupid at all.
When you run a heavier Stryker (heavy motor/batts/airframe strengthening(s), etc.) your landing speed increases, as does the rate at which you will drop for a given slower speed, plus your Stryker will also NOT want to bleed off speed so easy. All of this makes for a prop that will want to keep spinning, even running 100% brake, especially on a 4 pole motor, any prop over 6 inches (if you can stop the prop) unless you have time to get the prop totally level (or out of the way of your landing place), you run the chance of catching the tip on the prop.
Both scenarios make for a bent 3.2mm shaft, and paying well over $100 for a motor just to bend a shaft on the first few flights really stinks.
Stock Strykers really do not have this problem, but ask around for the Dudes running the heavier Strykers and they can tell you what happens without 5mm shafts..........................everything else bends !!!!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:19 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,861 Posts
Owner of MEGA motor said that there will be a new MEGA dealer.

The new Dealer will be placing an order ASAP.

I sent him a link to this thread.

Gryphon
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:19 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Bent shafts have been my life for the past couple of months.

I've bent two on motors that aren't for sale anymore, and have had to make my own parts just to get them running again. NOT how I'd prefer to spend my hobby time!

If you run a heavier plane (one that goes over 100mph), getting something with a 5mm shaft is definitely a good investment, even if it's a little harder to get the motor initially.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:33 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,861 Posts
murdnunoc,

I think we can look back a month from now and see some things.

Let’s see who places orders....let’s see how long it really takes.

Time will tell.

p.s. Which Eagle tree data logger are you ordering? 100A or 150A version?

Gryphon
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:47 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,838 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm new to the Flying wings forum.
I was asked to pop in and let you guys that we have just begun to offer Mega motors as part of our EDF products line up. the web site needs to be updated as of yet, but please contact me for your Mega needs. I will be offering the 16/25/x series for $110, an the 16/35/x series for $135. I do not need to place a giant order and can take your orders via Paypal thru my Email: Effluxrc@gmail.com. We will be accepting Visa/MC by the middle of next week.
Until we build up the Mega motor inventory, please allow 4 weeks after I place the order for the product to be recieved in California. We will be placing our initial order next week.
Please visit our website: www.effluxrc.com
and our thread here on RCG: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...096945&page=69
I'll do my best to provide the quickest turn around possible, and provide you with great customer service.

Thanks for your support, Gary
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Feb 04, 2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 12:10 AM
Fly it like you stole it
Joined Feb 2007
172 Posts
The above was posted minutes before I posted, and I didn't refresh before I posted. Sounds good
Last edited by SUPERGONZO; Feb 05, 2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 12:28 AM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
murdnunoc,

p.s. Which Eagle tree data logger are you ordering? 100A or 150A version?

Gryphon
150A, of course

And brushless RPM sensor

Soon to follow will be either airspeed or GPS. Not sure which yet. The borrowed airspeed reader on my last flight got to within 1mph of the Doppler when wind was accounted for.

BTW...
The Ice 100 I just got in the mail has an RPM log feature! Didn't know that...
I know the Ice isn't known for stellar accuracy in the data dept. but at least it's something to go by to help me not blow it up!
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Feb 05, 2010, 12:32 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,861 Posts
SUPERGONZO,

Read the post above yours.