HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2007, 05:36 PM
Survival is Attitude!
Hallsville Texas
Joined Aug 2005
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092
I've just set up the control throws for my PNP Stryker. Are the reccomended control throws for the elevons (9mm u/d low rates and 12mm u/d for high rates) good? If not, feel free to share your throw settings. Also, should I add any exponential?
I run 50%
Skonkworkstexas is offline Find More Posts by Skonkworkstexas
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2007, 05:58 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092
I've just set up the control throws for my PNP Stryker. Are the reccomended control throws for the elevons (9mm u/d low rates and 12mm u/d for high rates) good? If not, feel free to share your throw settings. Also, should I add any exponential?
I use 30% on most of my planes.
bobf is online now Find More Posts by bobf
Old May 02, 2007, 08:26 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
The bottom of the Stryker is essentially complete. I dug some trenches to route the servo wires through the front instead of through the middle. Cut a trench in the rear, and ran a hollow c/f rod from one wing tip to the other, and underneath where the motor bracket is mounted. Should add a lot of strength and prevent warping. I also Sumo glued c/f tape to the front of the wings, then covered them with black acrylic tape.

I did not remove the stock spars. Instead, I roughed up the area around the spars and Sumo glued some c/f flat bar on top to keep that area rigid; not having to worry as much about the weaknesses of the stock wing spars.

The antenna wire is in the same trench as the servo wire, hopefully this won't cause any interference issues. I will be sealing up and running fiber glass strapping tape across the c/f rod in the back and the servo wire trenches for additional strength. The thing should be ready for a maiden this weekend!

Summary of power set up:
Motor: Mega 16/25/4
ESC: CC Phoenix 35 Amp (BEC disabled)
Battery: 4S 2200mAh Polyquest
Prop: 7x7 Graupner speed
Servos: HS65HB (karbonite gears)
Rx: Berg 4L micro 4-channel
Ultimate BEC
ChrisWNY is offline Find More Posts by ChrisWNY
Last edited by ChrisWNY; May 02, 2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old May 03, 2007, 05:15 PM
Texas..Bigger than France
Austin Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Looks great Chris!! That thing WILL haul ass!!!! Be ready
moter is offline Find More Posts by moter
Old May 03, 2007, 08:17 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
Thanks, moter!

I just finished applying a couple layers of strapping tape over the c/f spars and servo wires to seal things off and add the extra touch of strength to the airframe. With that hulking 4S LiPo battery, I will be pushing about 28 oz., everything installed. Airframe without battery weighs in at ~20 oz. Should be able to slice through the wind at that weight. The Stryker seems to balance toward the front, but I'd rather fly a little nose-heavy at first until I become familiar with the handling and turns.
Old May 04, 2007, 10:05 AM
Survival is Attitude!
Hallsville Texas
Joined Aug 2005
2,235 Posts
I am in a re-fit. Due to radio interference, I am relocating the reciever to the front again. I had very good luck there, and am having undesirable results farther aft.
This may be the only way to fly!
With the nosewheel, the battery has to go back to the very rear where the passageway narrows to nothing.
For steerable nosewheels with 5/32 wire which is standard, it would not look as a problem. However, remember that rhe gg is almost all the way to the rear, compared to the nose.
Skonkworkstexas is offline Find More Posts by Skonkworkstexas
Old May 05, 2007, 02:18 PM
United States, CO, Greeley
Joined Aug 2002
118 Posts
is there a difference in the fuse from the b to the c model?
trey3670 is offline Find More Posts by trey3670
Old May 05, 2007, 04:13 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,725 Posts
As I understand it only the paint job is different and the hatch over the receiver and esc.
Old May 05, 2007, 08:45 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf
As I understand it only the paint job is different and the hatch over the receiver and esc.
Mounts are different as well -- motor mount on the F-27C is much stronger than the one on the F-27B. Other than that, they are identical.
Old May 05, 2007, 08:56 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,725 Posts
Sorry I forgot about the mount.
Old May 06, 2007, 04:40 PM
Joined Aug 2002
118 Posts
thats the plastic part right? not a part of the fuse?
Old May 06, 2007, 05:00 PM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2006
1,456 Posts
The B version also has a Brushed motor and different servos. The C is Brushless and the servos will work with any standard RX. I believe the B version still has Proprietary Servos, RX and TX.

I wouldn't bother with the B version. You will just end up replacing everything.

The C version is a lot of fun right out of the box.

Have Fun!
Andy
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.
Old May 06, 2007, 05:45 PM
Joined Aug 2002
118 Posts
sorry,i am replacing my c fuse,what servos seem to work best with those long arms? do they need to be rewired?
Old May 06, 2007, 05:57 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
I used HS65HB servos (karbonite gears), they are plenty strong and the arm length isn't an issue at all. The HS65HB's fit right into the servo slots with no modification. Just use the longest one-sided arms that come with the HS65HB's, and use the outer-most holes to achieve the maximum throws.
Last edited by ChrisWNY; May 06, 2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old May 06, 2007, 06:05 PM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2006
1,456 Posts
I prefer HS81 MG's. I go with MG's for everything now... but I am tough on these little buggers!

HS65's are very good too. I use them in my Extra and Trex before that.(MG's though) Just a little more expensive. And if you get up into the 100MPH range you may want a little more torque then the 65's produce.

HS81's will fit right in and the MG's are only $23.

Then put the Servos on 6V. Once you do you won't fly on 4.8V again.

They shouldn't need to be rewired but you will need extensions.

Have Fun!
Andy
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.