SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 02, 2006, 10:43 PM
My first Build
Vancouver WA
Joined Jul 2006
973 Posts
The CF rod is prob a good idea to help keep the fuse from going banana on you. I use nylon strapping tape on the m mount area on my BL converted B. I would guess it is the same fuse as the C.
radralph is offline Find More Posts by radralph
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2006, 11:04 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radralph
The CF rod is prob a good idea to help keep the fuse from going banana on you. I use nylon strapping tape on the m mount area on my BL converted B. I would guess it is the same fuse as the C.
I think the fuse is diffrent tho, just my 2 cents
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Sep 03, 2006, 03:03 AM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
need motor mount footplate

I just need one of the four feet. Does anyone have an old broken Stryker motor mount they could please send me? I have modified the original motor mount for my Mega, but now one of the feet broke off at the screw hole. I have lost the part, but I could fix it with a peice from your old broken one.
Eric
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Old Sep 03, 2006, 12:42 PM
Thermal seeker
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Jul 2005
566 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll go ahead and add a CF rod then. Another question - it came with a 2200 mah lipo. It has the wierd connector on it as you know. I'm going to cut that off and put a deans on it, but my question is can I then charge through the Deans plug using my Triton? In the Strykers manual it says to charge the batter through the balancing plug.

Thanks,

-Mike
Bohh33 is offline Find More Posts by Bohh33
Old Sep 03, 2006, 01:22 PM
My first Build
Vancouver WA
Joined Jul 2006
973 Posts
Yes you can. If you are going to use a lot of lipos it might be a good idea to get a good balancing charger or balancer for your batts.
Old Sep 03, 2006, 01:43 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
I went to get mine yesterday, I got there 5min late, had it reserved and everything... Have to wate till TUES. AHHHHH . Do you guys think it is really worth the $250 RTF???
Old Sep 03, 2006, 02:13 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Yes, it's worth it, especially if you do more than just fly it fast. It's extremely aerobatic and lots of fun flying slow, too.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 03, 2006, 02:45 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
i believe stryker b and c fuses are the same. stock, rtf stryker c has a different motor mount, though, that covers the whole aft section that we'd normally tape/glass. i'd like to get one of the new mounts for my mega motor but the stock one is holding up just fine. the front ring i cut and bent the two pieces in (keeps the motor from sliding forward) and the rear ring i heated to spread open a little. two screws are the only other things holding the motor in. not too much is needed unless you're hitting the ground hard every few flights.

as for whether the c is worth it or not, i think so. the radio is on 72MHz and the rest of the gear is also standard (non-PZ proprietary) so swapping out parts is easy and affordable. i'm not up on current prices, but i paid $82 for my mega, $50 for the esc, $25 each for two HS-81MG servos, $50 for the receiver (electron 6) and $150 for the radio (optic 6): total- $382. That doesn't count one battery pack and charger which is also included in the rtf version. so, not too bad of a deal.

i read elsewhere that the mega beats the stock c for speed, but there's always a few variables to consider (prop, battery, etc). either way, it's hard to go back to brushed power after flying brushless.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Last edited by lowdive; Sep 03, 2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2006, 03:35 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
thanks for your help
Old Sep 03, 2006, 05:41 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Also would it be possible to cover a fuse with light weight covering, it would reduce drag. Those stupid little bumps on the foam do not help
Old Sep 03, 2006, 07:19 PM
My first Build
Vancouver WA
Joined Jul 2006
973 Posts
Lowdive-
You can drill a hole thru the bottom front of the mount and put a zip tie thru to hold the forward part of the motor to the mount. this is from Flybri at WF:

I think the ARF at $160 is a better deal as long as you put the $90 towards a good radio/Rx combo that you can use on any of your next planes too. I went with the DX6.
Last edited by radralph; Sep 03, 2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2006, 07:23 PM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Covered in Ultrakote/Oracover

Quote:
Originally Posted by That can fly?!?
Also would it be possible to cover a fuse with light weight covering, it would reduce drag. Those stupid little bumps on the foam do not help
It has been done by a few people. I did mine in Thunderbird colors/theme, but the covering is not the lightest weight. Ultracote is 6-8.5gm/sq ft. Solite is about half the weight. I have the Solite on a MiniSpeed Wing. It is not very sturdy. It doesn't add much structural strength either. The Ultracote stiffens up the wing and resists scrapes and crunches. You do need to spray the EPP with an adhesive and use a light iron or you will get the foam beads to bubble up.

At one point I figured out how much weight the covering added, but I can't remember I think 3 oz. But with a Mega 4T on 4S the extra weight doesn't matter much. I still have unlimited vertical. I also added a lot of CF for strength.

Here are some pics.

Does anyone have a broken old motor mount. I just need one foot plate, so I can fix my modified motor mount. Please. You can't buy the earliest version motor mount anymore and I have modified mine. I just need the foot plate that the screws go through. Thanks.
Eric
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Last edited by erashby; Sep 03, 2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2006, 07:51 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
What size ducted fan unit would you use with the stock F-27C motor, I really want to mod mine for a ducted fan, any help, or links, thanks

-Dustin
Old Sep 04, 2006, 10:08 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by That can fly?!?
What size ducted fan unit would you use with the stock F-27C motor, I really want to mod mine for a ducted fan, any help, or links, thanks

-Dustin
Please help
Old Sep 04, 2006, 10:49 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,162 Posts
You might try searching each of the three threads listed on the first page of Part 4 of this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389169

I seem to recall someone trying a DF set up and they weren't very happy with it. A brick will fly if given enough Hp, but the Stryker seems to like running with a prop. It would be cheap way of experimenting with a DF however. Good luck and post your results.

FC
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher