HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:11 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid3418 View Post
Gryphon, you don't take into account the distinct lack of copper in the board. This new technology, perfected by yours truly, results in the ESC not conducting ANY heat

I can promise you, from my initial testing, that it wastes 0 watts in typical usage

Kid
Well, after you flight check it, please let me know what your universities oscilliscope says its resistance is. I love my Fluke oscilliscope (98), I wish I had a lab scope, but $5000 for starters is more that I wish to spend.

BTW.........did you get that videos doppler and RPM you had asked a few weeks ago ? I guessed at the temp
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Last edited by moparmyway; Jan 26, 2010 at 05:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:11 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,828 Posts
murdnunoc,

I believe it is 80 cells NiMh/NiCd. Should be roughly 26 cells Lipoly.

Assuming 1.2V and 3.7V per cell.

Thekid3418 has outdone himself this time....BRAVO.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:13 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
murdnunoc,

I believe it is 80 cells NiMh/NiCd. Should be roughly 26 cells Lipoly.

Assuming 1.2V and 3.7V per cell.

Thekid3418 has outdone himself this time....BRAVO.

Gryphon
Oh...

Maybe in a V2 production?
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:28 PM
Joined Feb 2009
32 Posts
For those of you with oversized batteries, how do you hold them in? My 4s 2150 won't fit under the stock hatch and the velcro I have available comes in two flavors: Too weak to hold the battery and too strong to stay in the plane when I remove the battery.
Unsullied_Spy is offline Find More Posts by Unsullied_Spy
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:33 PM
The Kid
Detroit, MI
Joined Dec 2007
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Well, after you flight check it, please let me know what your universities oscilliscope says its resistance is. I love my Fluke oscilliscope (98), I wish I had a lab scope, but $5000 for starters is more that I wish to spend.

BTW.........did you get that videos doppler and RPM you had asked a few weeks ago ? I guessed at the temp

That part will come next week. Im confident that the readings will be inconclusive based on them being too low to measure

Murdnunoc, I wanted to limit the voltage so that I am not liable for people shocking themselves to death. Currently it is limited to 12S, based on simplicity, and it is one of my lucky numbers!

When I go into production...IF i go into production...you can be first on the list. Heck, i'll even get it to you at cost, and i'll pay shipping
Thekid3418 is offline Find More Posts by Thekid3418
Old Jan 26, 2010, 07:24 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Careful TheKid3418, The moderators are out there watching for advertisers...

PS: weather too crappy to test fly new mount from www.customrcparts.com for $46.99
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Old Jan 26, 2010, 07:29 PM
$#|+
United States, CA, Orange
Joined May 2007
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy View Post
For those of you with oversized batteries, how do you hold them in? My 4s 2150 won't fit under the stock hatch and the velcro I have available comes in two flavors: Too weak to hold the battery and too strong to stay in the plane when I remove the battery.
i glue my velcro down, and you can carve out some for to fit the battery
just make sure ur cg is right
mkmkmk13 is offline Find More Posts by mkmkmk13
Old Jan 26, 2010, 07:31 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy View Post
I hack away at the foam, there is enough to fit 6s5000, so no worries on your setup. I hot glue down a shoestring to the bottom of the battery bay. I have yet to rip one out, or loosen one up in well over 500 flights
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:02 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
I hack away at the foam, there is enough to fit 6s5000, so no worries on your setup. I hot glue down a shoestring to the bottom of the battery bay. I have yet to rip one out, or loosen one up in well over 500 flights
Here are some pics of my elevons and control rods. I have HS65mg's in it and balsa elevons with ca hinges. Blenderm over and under. I have more throw than I have ever had with stock elevons and like I said in the PM it rolls extremely fast. The elevator is scary non responsive. Whatcha think?
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:08 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Johnny,
NICE COLOR !!!!!!
I hope this does NOT come across as me picking on you, but I think just a couple of small changes might be necessary for you to get elevator responses.

1. It might seem unorthodox now, but try the top hole on the elevon first. Lets see what happens when we give those 65's a little reprieve. It will cut down on the throws some, but in your DX6, you can program 125% servo travel in the TRAVEL ADJUST menu, with 125% movement in the EXPO menu. You might already have 125/125, but if you dont, that would be a nice way to get back the trevel you will loose by running the elevon horn in the top hole. You might just need to make sure the servo does NOT hit its internal stop with 125/125, you will know when the servo stops moving and your stick still travels

2. I know all too well what happens to those little red servo arms............they are NOT the best choice. I run the Du-Bro white super duty ones, or Hi-Tec black arms when using mid or full size servos.

3. Do you have any CF (other than the trailing edge) embedded in the wing ? my concern there is this; Take your Stryker by its wing-tips and try to bend them together. Just see if the wing has some flex to it, we dont need any of your Stryker wings snapping, just see if there is some deflection. At higher speeds, the wing will actually deform around the airstream if they arent stiff enough, rendering your stick "mushy"

Seperately,
Your FJ................try to mix in a little aileron with your throttle. I have had some builds where it was necessary, just the way the elevons or trailing edge got aligned, or where I had a wing that was "slightly distorted" from an impact. It softens the wing some, which will allow for alot more flex at higher speeds. Can you post some of your FJ pics in the link below, let me see whats up there.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1164182&page=3
Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:26 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,828 Posts
johnnyrocco123,

Is your little servo secured well? (use of glue and other fillers (due to size), or double sided servo tapeÖ)

Any slop on either side of your push rods?

With your elevons horizontal, can you lift them vertically up and down? Meaning is there any play in the hinge area (I donít mean in rotational deflection)

How far forward is your C.G.?

What speeds are you flying at?

Do you lose elevator control only at full throttle and max speed?
If so do gain it back right after chopping throttle?

Does your Aileron control remain fine at all times?

Gryphon
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:18 AM
Romford, UK
Joined Jun 2004
159 Posts
Hey all I have a Stryker frame and want to build it up to a value for money speed demon.

I plan to buy the stryker spares and build them up.. having a difficult time tracking down a UK company that has them all in stock though.

The only thing I know for sure is I will be using single 3S packs for power.

Am looking for some advice on what I need to purchase.

I would like a balance of high speed and battery performance.

Which servos?
Speed controller?
Motor?
Prop?
Motor mount?
Reciever (AR500 ok?)

I would like to buy all of the above from hobbyking as I need to buy a few more lipo packs from them anyway.

Thanks
Trancer is offline Find More Posts by Trancer
Last edited by Trancer; Jan 27, 2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:36 AM
Fly it like you stole it
Joined Feb 2007
172 Posts
Ok Here we go.

Have been flying the Stryker for many years now, and I am most interested in a killer speed 4S setup.

I have several strykers and here are my combos:

Medusa 28-40-2200 4.7X4.7
Ammo 28-45-3600 4.7X4.7 (yes an Ammo!)
Mega 16/25/2 (2470) 4.75X5.25

All can reach speeds of about 120mph. HS-65's, stock motor mount, 70amp ESC's.
=================================
What Proven (preferably with pictures) combos get me another 20-30 mph.
I prefer a 4S setup. What is a good motor /prop combo that will give me the speed I need
SUPERGONZO is offline Find More Posts by SUPERGONZO
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:32 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
johnnyrocco123,

Is your little servo secured well? (use of glue and other fillers (due to size), or double sided servo tapeÖ)

Any slop on either side of your push rods?

With your elevons horizontal, can you lift them vertically up and down? Meaning is there any play in the hinge area (I donít mean in rotational deflection)

How far forward is your C.G.?

What speeds are you flying at?

Do you lose elevator control only at full throttle and max speed?
If so do gain it back right after chopping throttle?

Does your Aileron control remain fine at all times?

Gryphon
Servos are glued and taped. No play in the hinges, It balances way nose heavy with my 4S 3300, but if flies good like that. I haven't clocked the speed but I would guess 110mph-ish. It's about the same speed as my funjet on 3S, 6x4, same ARC 1.5.

Elevator is crumby at low speeds but I waould expect that because of the weight. It get's worse at full throttle.

On my next builf with the new motor mount I will be using larger elevons, and beefier servos, not sure which ones yet.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:08 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,828 Posts
johnnyrocco123,

I read your post from the last couple of hours....sorry.

Gryphon